Changes in the forum...

Tyler, I see you have been very busy breaking things... I have been noticing many additions to the forum... :thumbsup: Cudos to you... :gradea:

Now when Barb yells at me for not getting things done around the house, I can blame it on you, and that I'm spending all my time learning to use the new features on the forum...

Were you going to tell us about this or just let us find out on our own??? or did you and I just missed it???

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Still working out the bugs ;-)

- Minor one -- We now require people to register for the forum, or login (if they already registered) after viewing a few threads. We did this for various of reasons, however being the biggest is we want people to register for the forum.. There's a LOT of people out there that read the forum but never register. I hope by them registering, they put in their own thoughts about certain topics, instead of just reading. Plus, it gives us an idea on who's reading our forum as well by them registering.

- Chat (on the bottom), this one isn't working quite yet... However, hopefully within the next few days it will. It gives people the ability to do a 'facebook-type' chat with other members of the forum. Currently, you have to be friends with that person before you can chat with them so if it says 'Who's Online (0)' and you know people are online, it's because they may not be 'friends' of yours. Still working on the details of that. Some people love chat, some hate it... You also have the option to disable the chat, if chatting isn't your thing.

- The 'Thanks' button. There's a million times I read a post and I think it's a good post and I really like it, however I don't want to just reply and say 'thanks', so we created the Thanks button to easily do that. However, over the next week or two, we'll be changing it hopefully to 'Like' instead of Thanks... as it will apply more often.. you will 'Like' a post, also similar to facebook...

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I've also removed the 'Whos Online' from the bottom of the page, because that isn't always up to date, it takes the visitors the past 60 minutes... There's lots of people who read the forum and log off... You should use the 'Whos Online' in the chat menu to see if someone is online, that is updated every 60 seconds.. It would suck if you thought someone was online and tried talking with them, only to realize they were online 45 minutes ago, and no longer online.

tyler, I changed the appearance of the status bar at the bottom to the "dark" mode and two of the buttons disappeared and now I can't change it back to the original color... any input as to how to return to the other lighter color???

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Oh, I see..

Refresh your page, you should be able to change it back via the theme changer..

Let me know once you do that, so I can disable it again..

Still working out the bugs ;-)

- Minor one -- We now require people to register for the forum, or login (if they already registered) after viewing a few threads. We did this for various of reasons, however being the biggest is we want people to register for the forum.. There's a LOT of people out there that read the forum but never register. I hope by them registering, they put in their own thoughts about certain topics, instead of just reading. Plus, it gives us an idea on who's reading our forum as well by them registering.

- Chat (on the bottom), this one isn't working quite yet... However, hopefully within the next few days it will. It gives people the ability to do a 'facebook-type' chat with other members of the forum. Currently, you have to be friends with that person before you can chat with them so if it says 'Who's Online (0)' and you know people are online, it's because they may not be 'friends' of yours. Still working on the details of that. Some people love chat, some hate it... You also have the option to disable the chat, if chatting isn't your thing.

- The 'Thanks' button. There's a million times I read a post and I think it's a good post and I really like it, however I don't want to just reply and say 'thanks', so we created the Thanks button to easily do that. However, over the next week or two, we'll be changing it hopefully to 'Like' instead of Thanks... as it will apply more often.. you will 'Like' a post, also similar to facebook...
No wonder I walked into a roomful of thank you's earlier! That was too cool...and now here I am chatting with Jerry. Fun stuff, Tyler.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
You can play games with people as well, once you are chatting with them. One of the icons is games which you will play against that person.

I'm going to get fired from my job because I'll be playing tic-tac-toe all day.

You can play games with people as well, once you are chatting with them. One of the icons is games which you will play against that person.

I'm going to get fired from my job because I'll be playing tic-tac-toe all day.
I thought this was your job, Tyler.:wink: