Child with hearing loss needs surgery....

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
I'm still shooting for coming down the same weekend (President's Day)....I contacted Maria about getting some photos of her and Jimena so that I can get a poster made up....maybe some of the local businesses will be willing to put it up....I'm sure that Jose and the BooBar will.....he knows Lorena (the grandmother) from way back!!! According to Russ, the local Alphagraphics is pretty reasonable....and his son is a great poster layout designer, as well as website designer!

At an exchange of 12 pesos to the dollar, it should be about $1325 that needs to be raised for the device that Jimena needs before her surgery. Maybe Mark can update the site occasionally on how much has come in???? And Mark, don't throw away any empty pickle jars!!!

I'm still shooting for coming down the same weekend (President's Day)....I contacted Maria about getting some photos of her and Jimena so that I can get a poster made up....maybe some of the local businesses will be willing to put it up....I'm sure that Jose and the BooBar will.....he knows Lorena (the grandmother) from way back!!! According to Russ, the local Alphagraphics is pretty reasonable....and his son is a great poster layout designer, as well as website designer!

At an exchange of 12 pesos to the dollar, it should be about $1325 that needs to be raised for the device that Jimena needs before her surgery. Maybe Mark can update the site occasionally on how much has come in???? And Mark, don't throw away any empty pickle jars!!!

Joe I can save jalapeno jars too, since Harold brings me one of those huge jars of sliced jalapenos just about evey other week... I seem to have an addiction to them and eat them by the bowl full like they were Cheerios...

trade

I seem to have an addiction to them and eat them by the bowl full like they were Cheerios...[/QUOTE]
I can vouch for that! A very disturbing sight!! La Esperanza Para Nuevo Vida is ready to help!

Thank You LadyJeeper a.k.a. Chari

Chari has made a very generous donation of $75. towards the cost of the care for Jimena... I will use this thread to keep you all up to date on the progress of the fund raising for the implants...

Thank you Chari...

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Mark, I'm busting my brain trying to think of a money raising venture. If we had access to our house, we could raffle off a week there...how about raffling off a boat trip to bird island? As long as you covered fuel? Does anybody have any special skills or talents they could barter for? (all you gutter minds pipe down, this is serious bidnez!!) Chari and Happy, would your artist donate a painting - someone could commission their spouse or kid or dog if they won the raffle...:think::think::think::think:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Sheryl....some great ideas....I'm heading down there tomorrow, and I'll be stopping by Mark's to chat.

If there was a boat trip raffle, the normal charter costs would have to be covered.....I wonder what the Pacifica (96 ft. yacht) runs for a day trip out to Bird Island? Raffling that off, with the winner being able to take up to 6-10 of their closest friends.....

At about $100 per ticket.....if we could sell 100 tickets ($10,000)....that would easily cover the device Jimena needs before the surgery, and any expenses getting to the doctor, etc. Even 50 tickets might cover it.....

Expanding that even further, if you keep it to 100 tickets....you could possibly have a second prize....a week stay in a condo.....and still cover the rental cost of the condo. There may be someone on here that has a condo available at a reasonable weekly rate..... So the probability would be 1 out of 50 of winning.....better odds that the lotteries!!!

Last edited:
Joe the Pacifica is going to be out of the water soon for bottom work, so that won't be an option... (I've already thought of that)... I can check into a fishing trip aboard the About Time (the cost is $600. to $800. depending on the distance, but maybe I can get it for the fuel cost)...

I'm thinking of auctioning off one of my gold capped great white shark teeth on eBay and adding what I get for it to the cause they usually sell for around $300. to $400. depending on the amount of gold involved...

fasteddy

Well Known Member
Hi Mark,
I'll be down on the 25th thru the 27th. Put me down for $100
Are you taking checks or cash?

Ed

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Don't forget Michelle and I are in for min $100. or all proceeds from rentals for March...

Hi Mark,
I'll be down on the 25th thru the 27th. Put me down for $100
Are you taking checks or cash?

Ed
Hi Ed.... I haven't seen you for quite a while... Thank you for your pledge to donate $100. We would prefer cash but we can take a check and we can accept Credit Cards through PayPal... Looking forward to seeing you again...

Don't forget Michelle and I are in for min $100. or all proceeds from rentals for March...
Hey Rob... Thanks for the info on the goods you are bringing down... I will get with Blanca on Monday for the letter... and we remember your pledge of $100. or all proceeds from your march rentals... Thank You...

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
:sharks:FYI: Please keep Sept. 23rd open on the calendar .... Michelle and I are in the works to put together a large Backyard party with live entertainment to raise money for the operation. I can't release all of the information but lets just say I hope it is big...We have 2 artist who we are in final talks to about performing. Just a hint would be "Drinking Mexico Dry" and "Seaweed".....:cluck::woo:

Last edited:

fasteddy

Well Known Member
Yep, I will be down Friday around 6. Bringing my daughter with me.
leaving sometime sunday,

Mark, I can meet up with you during that time. I don't know where you live but maybe we can meet someplace.
what's your schedule look like?
Ed

Blanca was just here we were going over the list for the computers and other things AZROB will be bringing down this weekend and I got us talking about Jimena and Blanca mentioned that we may be able to get the implants and surgery all taken care of at no charge through common friends of ours from Tucson (Patricio & his wife)...