Come on down............

just back from three days down in RP How sad to see the streets empty. Busineses are holding their breath . I saw more Mexican tourists than Americans down in the Old Port area. Wait at the border was 15- 20 minutes.

Kenny said:
The New Terror in the Middle East: Swine

A spokesman for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt calls swine flu "more serious than a hydrogen bomb" during a symposium on the health scare. Egypt's parliament votes to "cull pigs immediately and one parliamentarian proposes criminalizing hog farming.

The United Arab Emirates bans the import of pork products as a precautionary measure and several supermarkets in the sheikhdom yank them off the shelves. Meanwhile, Israeli health official calls for world health officials to change the name of "Swine Flu" to "Mexican Flu," since Mexico is where the new flu allegedly originated from and pigs are offensive to both Jews and Muslims. That, however, did not sit well with Mexico's ambassador to Israel.

There is hysteria about swine flu in the Middle East, yet only two confirmed cases were found in the entire region, in Israel.

For the past three days, swine flu has become the lead story on many Arab and Israeli networks. Reports about attacks in Iraq and other hot spots seem to have all but vanished for the time being. The new terror in the Middle East is swine.
Read More and Share Your Thoughts on the Huffington Post.
I guess this is one topic the Jews and Muslims can agree on.....pigs and pork!!!! :twisted:

J

jimmyd

I'm planning on getting married in PP May 16. I have a bunch of people calling and emailing me totally concerned about us getting shot or swine flued. I'm not that worried because I travel a lot and this seems like one of the safer places i'll have been, but I've never actually been there.
Should I not go?

and if i should still go... has anyone eaten at Lapa Lapa?

jimmyd said:
I'm planning on getting married in PP May 16. I have a bunch of people calling and emailing me totally concerned about us getting shot or swine flued. I'm not that worried because I travel a lot and this seems like one of the safer places i'll have been, but I've never actually been there.
Should I not go?

Hi there Jimmy, There have, as yet, been no cases confirmed of swine flu. Everyone is looking pretty healthy here. The two people in Sonora who have come down with flu seem to have contracted it in Arizona. I would think that coming to RP is safer than most marriages, but if you're brave enough for one, go ahead and brave the other too. Best wishes...

L

luvr.p.

We can't wait to get down there! Coming from Phx the first week of June!!!! It is so good to hear from all of you about how it is down there!!! I totally agree about all the hype. :boat:

E

El Feo

jimmyd said:
Should I not go?

The biggest problem here is dodging the window washers at the intersections. :lol: :lol: It's very quiet here and the weather is perfect.

Lapa Lapa in in a great location overlooking the Malecon and Sea, and the decor is really nice, BUT the food is another matter. I stopped going there after marginal food, and flies in the wine :eek3: :eek3:

If you're thinking of a place for post nuptial dining, I'd suggest the Crow's Nest and or Light House , atop Whale Hill. The view is fantastic and the food is good. The Crow's Nest is the most romantic restaurant in Penasco, hands down. If you need reservations let me know I can set you up with the owner.

J

jimmyd

I heard the food was not great at light house (especially for the price). I would love some more info about the crow's nest tho.

I've eaten there 4-5 times....and each time I was satisfied.....the menu is limited...it is a bit pricey for Mexico...but the view can't be beat....so you're paying for that too. I just hate the parking situation unless you get there very early....that whole area (El Capitan included) is crazy in terms of parking after about 5pm.....well, it used to be....maybe the downturn has improved that!