Crossing mid day on Friday before Memorial Day

MIRAMAR

The worst time I've seen coming back to the states was Memorial Day 2002- it was backed up about 4 miles before entering Sonoyta Hopefully we'll not see anything like that this year.

Terry C

That must of been the time is was backed up out by the dump road outside of Sonoyta? They left the border open for an extra hour or so.

Rob

I have not crossed on Friday before Memorial Day in forever. How do you think traffic will be around noon at the border? I cannot come Thursday so I just wanted to be prepared if I was going to have a long wait......
I'm in the same proverbial boat. Going to try to leave Tucson around 7am.

MIRAMAR

Across from the Circle K (just west), so instead of turning left at the T intersection, you turn right, and then directly left. Great Carne Asada tacos!

mis2810

Across from the Circle K (just west), so instead of turning left at the T intersection, you turn right, and then directly left. Great Carne Asada tacos!
Thanks! I never pay any attention to what's in that direction. Sometimes we want lunch on the way home, sounds like a good place to stop for one last taste of Mexico before returning to the "other side".

mondone

Whitecaps
If you take the detour over the river, on the north side of the road you'll see Tacos Buenos. We have grabbed lunch there on the way home a few times and it's really excellent .

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Will those who go down on Friday throughout the day please post their wait times going into Mexico? It will be good information and will let people know if they need to take a snack if there is a long wait-especially if travelling with children.

32 minute wait at 9 p m Friday night. Not sure why cuz didn't seem like much traffic before that or after. Not sure what the holdup was either. US border agents only asked how long we had waited., not the usual questions about guns or $. Mexico was letting most pass

Hit the end of the line Friday at 5. Close to 3 mile back up. Took 1.5 hrs to get into Mexico. US Border Patrol was not stopping anyone. Hold up seemed to be the gates entering Mexico. No traffic issues after that. Given the southbound volume looks like PP is back in the game!

mis2810

That conflicts with other reports around the same time saying there was one lane open on the US side and they were stopping people as usual. You must have caught them on a break. They leave it unmanned at times while they walk over to the gas station for breaks. Saw it with my own eyes.

Friends said there was a long line at 7pm not only at the border but to get thru sonoyta. Took them almost 6 hrs from town of maricopa

We crossed at noon Sunday into Mexico, nobody checking on the USA side and about 15 cars in the lanes going north.
My wife got the red light, didn't say a word about the meat in her cooler. they were more interested in the puzzle she had.
Decent traffic going north to avoid the rush tomorrow.
I am here for a week.;)

mondone

Whitecaps
We arrived at the border Saturday, 6:20AM and had 4 to 5 vehicles ahead of us which took about 20 minutes wait time. They were taking their time asking everyone for ID which she handed over to another guy in the booth. They were in no hurry to say the least. Based on traffic heading down at that time, I figured it was the making of a very busy weekend. In town, yes. In Encanto, no so much.