Cruise on the Wild Side

Roberto

On the hotel...the last time I stayed there was oprobably 6-7 years ago...I would compare the rooms (at least the one I had) to Super 8/Motel 6. They do have a pool area...again, not like the condo/resorts. They do pack in the spring breakers!

Don't know if Balboa's restaurant is closed permanently, but Seadweller (one of the regulars on here) had posted that one of the waitresses from there was looking for work....so that doesn't sound good.

The last time I took a sunset cruise, they started boarding somewhere around 5-5:30...and I paid at the dock....Lobos del Mar (long gone) used to put on a good show.....and unlimited margaritas (premix) were included in the price!
:thumbsup::rofl::thumbsup::rofl:
Great report from 2004 there Joe !!!

I know - exactly my points!!!!!!! That is WHY I am pissed! A Friend had made the reservations and paid trough Expedia ;(... Like I said - I will be the ONE making hte plans next time - that is for sure!!! I will PM you for sure - it looks like in September, but we might be able to sneak away in August too :)

mis2810

I know - exactly my points!!!!!!! That is WHY I am pissed! A Friend had made the reservations and paid trough Expedia ;(... Like I said - I will be the ONE making hte plans next time - that is for sure!!! I will PM you for sure - it looks like in September, but we might be able to sneak away in August too :)
That's exactly why my hubby and I are reluctant to travel with other people anymore. It's rare to find people who travel well together and have the same likes and dislikes when it comes to hotels, food, activities. Who needs the aggravation?

mis2810

Just remember being "CHEAP" is expensive.
I agree 100%. We have some friends that go "cheap" on the room and spend half their time walking and dragging their chairs and umbrella a quarter of a mile to the beach, then spend time worrying about where their car is parked. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll pay a little more each day for convenience and security.

playaperro

El Pirata
If you cook you own food you know what your getting! You can roll the dice if you go out for every meal. I know some people do not want to cook. anyway you save
time and money.

mis2810

If you cook you own food you know what your getting! You can roll the dice if you go out for every meal. I know some people do not want to cook. anyway you save
time and money.
I'm not so worried about getting sick if we go out to eat, I just don't want the hassle of deciding where to go, driving, paying, etc., every time we get hungry. If we're down there for a week we usually eat out 3-4 times for lunch. I don't mind cooking a little bit if I'm not working all day and I can't call laying on the beach drinking beer all day working. Also, it's not like I'm making a full-on dinner - we usually have carne asada that we've grilled ourselves, or I'll make ceviche and we'll have tostadas. It takes no time at all to make red or green salsa with the veggies we buy down there and whip up some chilaquiles - YUM!

MIRAMAR

I looked up the Baja Hotel on the internet, and I thought the pool/ palapa swim up bar looked great. Don't get down on the place before you get there! The only negative is that it's not right on the water, but some people only want to hang by the pool and never go in the ocean. If you do want to go to the ocean, bring down snorkeling equipment and plan on going by the rocks in the Mirador (beach by Baja Hotel). My husband and I went this past weekend (different beach), but we saw a ton of baby Sargent Majors (blue and yellow striped fish), one Angel fish, and other fish I couldn't recognize. Snorkeling is one of the great things to do in Penasco in the summer time. The water temp was around 85 close to shore, but was colder out further. You asked about driving- we drive everywhere, but it's all what you feel comfortable doing. If you have an expensive car, I guess I might take a taxi- we've never had a problem (but my SUV is 10 years old w/ 205,000 miles), just be sure and lock your car.

MIRAMAR

My son said he paid $85 for 5 people 2 weeks ago, but he said normally it's $20/person. Maybe you'll be a better negotiator than a bunch of college students!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Miramar,
Those pictures are 4 years old. I had to move out of Playa Miramar RV Park in May of 2007 and in the picture, the park is empty but the Office is still standing. They knocked the office down in Sept. of '07..................Not trying to make trouble, just thought people would want to know.

playaperro

El Pirata
Miramar,
Those pictures are 4 years old. I had to move out of Playa Miramar RV Park in May of 2007 and in the picture, the park is empty but the Office is still standing. They knocked the office down in Sept. of '07..................Not trying to make trouble, just thought people would want to know.
Ya I saw those pix's and said whs is up with that?