Curious

What part of Penasco does everyone stay???

Las Conchas since 74'..before that Villa Granada, Senorial
(good chinese food at the time) ...and the 'ol' Playa Hermosa hotel when there was a beach right in front!!
Ahhhh..memories!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
First we stayed in a tin sheet garage with a concrete floor, gravity shower, water tank on the roof, propane fridge in Cholla Bay, 2 cabins up from J.J's in the '60s. The owner was a family friend. Then we camped in the Playa Hermosa campground until the mid '70s. I remember the showers were a garden hose thru the window. Good thing I was hardy teenager then! Then, in college, I bought a little tumble down cabin in Cholla Bay again with the same set-up as when I was a child. It literally fell down and I sold it. Then in the mid 80s, we camped in Playa Miramar RV Park. In 1988, we bought Smuggler's Cove from our neighbors, Jim and Marge Trowbridge. They had both spaces and decided to give one up. We were there almost 20 years. You all know the rest of the story. Now I am in PDO with a friend, awaiting the rest of my story. :?

What a walk down memory lane!

joester

2 salty dawgs
we have drove our rv to Playa de Oro to meet friends staying at the Mirador about 5 years ago - have never stayed anywhere but PDO.
we did spend one night down in Las Dunas last spring, drove the rv down to check it out, plugged into Doug's house. that's a beautiful area there....

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
La Playa Inn (formerly Best Western). Been staying there since it was a single row of suite style rooms. Then, they built more and made it a big courtyard with a pool. Has become my home away from home.

La Playa Inn (formerly Best Western). Been staying there since it was a single row of suite style rooms. Then, they built more and made it a big courtyard with a pool. Has become my home away from home.
Cheers Stuart...:cheers: the owner of the Playa Inn is a good friend and he has graciously provided us rooms for our events be it for prizes or for our guests to stay in during events. We also book our bus trips there and they do a fantastic job.

as for me... our first visit was back in 87 and we stayed in our samari beachfront at PDO, we then started coming down regularly and watched PDO grow. we towed a little sears pop-up camper behind the suzuki, and that was our beach front resort until 94 when we sold the samari.

then it was hello hotel granada, and sometimes hotel Playa Azul. in 96 we decided to save gas and just moved our ass to Rocky Point... now it's home sweet home :puff::sunny::puff:

Last edited:
P

Penasco Pirate

Rocky Point Marine House on Chiapas south of Freemont. Oscar and Sharlot have a decent little place there with 8 rooms (4 are kitchenettes) and a 2 boat charter business. It also houses their driveshaft shop "Rocky Point Driveshafts" or Taller de Fletchas. Rooms are VERY reasonable about $75.00 a night, just no water view.

Roberto

I stay in my house in the Mirador, 24/7 !!! I used to stay at the Granada del Mar, the only hotel in Penasco truely on the beach. Funky maybe but a great stay and the small upstairs rooms used to be $75 a night.

Jim

We have a house in town not too far from Mark's place. It is in the neighborhood near Hotel California. Although a home on the beach would be great, I do love living where I am at. My neighbors are all locals and are all friends. I live across from a large church and there is always something going on. We bought it about 12 years ago and have added a room here and there so it works. Best thing is, no payments.