DeFrente is on the case.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
That's fupped-duck! The oyster farm has been there for years and years. I used to visit it occasionally. I guess condos are worth more than oysters. Screw the wetlands, get more steel and concrete towers on the beach!

I will say that the Mayan was at least environmentally sensitive to the estuary at La Pinta, leaving the channels in place and building roads around them and bridges over them so that the flood plains and channels still exist. I was fairly impressed when I visited the Mayan the first time and saw this - I expected it all to be bulldozed and backfilled, but they left the wetlands fairly intact.

Mexico is its own worst enemy. :(

S

Submarine

Lemme guess, is this the one at the end of Las Conchas? The same wetlands/estuary that we respected for over 30 years by turning our ATC's around at the end of the hill and not trespassing upon? Great. :(

BigKahuna36

Submarine said:
Lemme guess, is this the one at the end of Las Conchas? The same wetlands/estuary that we respected for over 30 years by turning our ATC's around at the end of the hill and not trespassing upon? Great. :(
No, it's the next estuary to the East.

A

azbeachboy

Thats the one Sub. I remember at a really low tide riding across it to the oyster farms on my 350X. We used to sneak in by way of the city dump after they stoped us at the guard house.
There used to lots of good trails and dunes.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
This is the 1st estuary at the end of Las Conchas. La Pinta is further south.

[attachment=0:38umc6w6]Morua.jpg[/attachment:38umc6w6]

Attachments

joester

2 salty dawgs
thanks -
I sure have a lot to learn about the area around there;
hopefully, I get to explore a little more each trip.
I appreciate all the kind replies y'all post here,
and look forward to the Thanksgiving weekend gathering.
as we get closer, maybe we can start a topic for that weekend,
who's bringing what to the potluck, etc.
I'm gettin jazzed about it already, and it's 4 months away :)
thanks!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh, I've had deep fried turkey twice, one was scrumptious and the other was NOT! Bleah, yuck, awful!!!! It was so dry it would have been too dry for machaca. It was too dry for turkey jerky. Even the dog couldn't swallow it. I'm sure yours are scrumptious, :chef: Beach

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I wonder if something has been done about the fence? since it is an older article from a few month back, at least for the area nearest to the wetlands and open the oyster farm!!! I remmember when it was 2 bucks a dozen and I was not a oyster eater, after the first 3 dozens ....well I guess it is history now!!!! sounds familiar....... :eek3:

S

Submarine

Well this doesn't surprise me as I was sorely dissappointed when I rode up to that hill at the end last year and found a condo project going in. It was, and probably still is, stalled but just seeing the hill lopped off and fenced was disheartening to say the least. I guess somehow I thought that last little bit of free sand was what made Las Conchas my destination of choice if I were renting.

"own worst enemy" no doubt.

A

azbeachboy

The way the sand dunes shift in the wind and tide that looks like a very bad location. I've been playing on that sand and dunes for 30+ years and it does move. It looks way to close to the mouth of the estuary. Hey,maybe that a good thing...We need more reefs!!!

A

azbeachboy

Happy,
What's the problem? You come by my trailer in friendship...And now you disrespect my loving dog...
I don't take that kindly...May you swim with the :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: