Did You Feel That?

The telephone lines were swaying like a jump rope and my dogs water was sloshing out of the bowl... I was in bed taking a siesta and it swayed my bed and woke me up...

Yes. It lasted a long time. Not hard-jolty but rolling and slow. A ton of water came out of our pool (a pool-tsunami!). Strange. The grandfather clock chimes were chiming.

Uncomfirmed reports have the epicenter in San Luis for a 6.9. I lived in Calif. for many many years and have experienced lots of earthquakes...this one lasted an unusually looong time.

USGS is reporting a 6.9 earthquake centered in San Luis del Rio Colorado.

Can people please report any damage in Rocky Point...and if possible can someone check to see if my house in Las Conchas is ok...I cant leave Tucson since my wife is due this week with our first baby. If you can do this for me, please message me...THANK YOU!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Here in Phoenix, the waterbed and pool water was sloshing, my swag lamp was swaying and my little Mexi-cat came barreling into the house, yowling all the way and ran straight into the closet! LOL! In Yuma, all the pots and pans came out of my friends cabinets and the pool water was coming over the sides. In San Diego, my friends came running out of their house and hung out in the street for awhile. They said it was rumbling. They've had 2 aftershocks, too. It was wierd, I was sitting in front of the computer and all of a sudden, it was shifting to the left and I was shifting to the right. It lasted 15 seconds or so. This was my third earthquake. The worst was at the Dunes in the late 70's. The camper really rolled around for 30 seconds or so! Wierd experience!

ASDIP

ASDIP
They evacuated the beach at Las Palomas for safety precuation. A security guard just came up to my room on the 9th floor and told us we had to get out of the building.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
The 5 o'clock news just upgraded it to a 7.2. It had to be big to slosh my pool water so much. It was just big rolling motions.

they say phone lines are down in Mexicali... haven't heard anything more... everything around us seems to be fine...

Last edited:
S

Submarine

"Hello?"
"Hi Troy"
"Sorry, you've got the wrong number"
"haha, you lie......did you feel it?"
"Oh the earthquake? Yeah we sure did, our pool was sloshing all over the place. It's nice to have some independent confirmation as we weren't sure what was going on."
"This really isn't Troy is it"
"nope"
"huh, OK well I'll let you go"
"OK, have a nice Easter!"

My girlfriend's expression was priceless.