Encanto Internet Services

mondone

Whitecaps
I’m thinking of signing up for internet service sometime in the next few months at my Encanto beach house. Does anyone in Encanto have any experience with either Encanto SNPP ISP or Beach Comm LLC ISP? I’m not seeking info solely on price, but speed and dependability also. I am sure I will have to set-up an external antenna and probably a wireless connection inside my house would be beneficial also. I would like to be able to “work remotely from home” in Encanto like I do frequently here in Phoenix through my employers gateway, as well as have capability for Magic Jack phone service. Any comments on your experience with either ISP would be appreciated!

El Tiburon

Well Known Member
I have a place on the Encanto beach. I have been with SNPP ISP for two years and am very satisfied with their service. I have a wireless router in my house and the only limitation on that is the interior concrete walls. I also work remotely with my office in Phoenix. The service they provide also allows my to use a Vonage phone with no problems. The upload and download speeds are quite good. The few times that I have had any issues with service the people behind the company were very responsive. Several of my neighbors also use them.

gup

On Encanto, last house on the west end on the beach.

SNPP ISP; Several in our area have this service. The former owner passed on some months past and is now handled by another person.
I had difficulty with the former owner and his pricing i. e. pay for 11 months get one freeso I cancelled my subsciption. It is my understanding that the new owner has become more compatable with month to month or 3 or 6 month pay periods.

I currently have Beach comm and was very happy for the first month of service and then it starting shutting down 4 times over a week period. Having purchased an anenna instalation for $240, I'm kind of locked in.
The main antenna is just across from Margeries house (looks like a bass drum) there's 2 repeaters and the one on my end of the beach has been shutting down off an on. (R4 Plya Encanto) They do have a service man, Zavier, who is quite compenate.

so In the current state I would say SNPP is your better buy.

Gup

Terry C

Well Known Member
SSNP has a 1 Month, 6 month and 1 year package. There used to be a re-hook up fee. I don't see it on his web site now. I have Beach Comm now. They are having problems at the west end too, Zavier was out to my house and checked it. Melinda (the owner) is there and she showed me she gets 3.52 mb/s D/L and 0.54 mb/s U/L. I am way off that speed. They are checking into it this week.
They both use the same antenna. Seems to me they can re configure it to their service if you change providers.

gup

NEW PLAYA ENCANTO INTERNET SERVICE; Zavier is setting up his own service. He evidently owns a license for the service. Starting May 1st, is the transition date, it is located . On the west end of beach an antenna has been installed on Hughes casa. I have been using his signal for the last 2 weeks.

It is far more reliable than the old Beach com service. A-P WEST is the wireless signal. Look for a more compatable and reliable service now.

GUP

mondone

Whitecaps
I have a place on the Encanto beach. I have been with SNPP ISP for two years and am very satisfied with their service. I have a wireless router in my house and the only limitation on that is the interior concrete walls. I also work remotely with my office in Phoenix. The service they provide also allows my to use a Vonage phone with no problems. The upload and download speeds are quite good. The few times that I have had any issues with service the people behind the company were very responsive. Several of my neighbors also use them.
Is Vonage better than Magic Jack Plus? I just signed up with SNPP, but I am less than thrilled with the Magic Jack Plus call quality. I have not had 1 call yet where it did not go garbled at times. :hairout:

Roberto

Well Known Member
Have used both. The only problem I can report is that if I was downloading or watching video on the web the Magic Jack would break up, but only then. Most of the time the calls were very clear. I had Telmex's slower service at the time. No quality problems with Vonage but MJ is way cheaper.

Terry C

Well Known Member
It all depends on the Mbps of the upload and download you get. That's on the Internet side of course. I ran the speedtest.net program and get 1.2 Mbps D/L and .25 Mbps U/L and the ping is like 72. That affects the phone too. That is very slow from what they say you can get at 3.0 + Mbps D/L in Encanto. Cox I have here in the US the next to the lowest Internet is 17.00 Mbps.

mondone

Whitecaps
I had planned to run a speedtest the next time down there. I brought the MJ plus back with me and used through my Cox connection and it worked fine.

mondone

Whitecaps
NEW PLAYA ENCANTO INTERNET SERVICE; Zavier is setting up his own service. He evidently owns a license for the service. Starting May 1st, is the transition date, it is located . On the west end of beach an antenna has been installed on Hughes casa. I have been using his signal for the last 2 weeks.

It is far more reliable than the old Beach com service. A-P WEST is the wireless signal. Look for a more compatable and reliable service now.

GUP
Gup, Is Zavier saying his new service will be faster than SNPP?

sande

We have a condo in Playa Encanto and want to get internet service. I see that SNPP is the one that is more recommended, but I cannot seem to locate the contact info...can anyone help with this?

sheep3mom

Well Known Member
I had planned to run a speedtest the next time down there. I brought the MJ plus back with me and used through my Cox connection and it worked fine.
Does this mean that you are using your Cox connection down here? Are you from Phoenix? Tucson? We have Cox in OK and wonder about if we could use it somehow down here - any idea?

mondone

Whitecaps
Does this mean that you are using your Cox connection down here? Are you from Phoenix? Tucson? We have Cox in OK and wonder about if we could use it somehow down here - any idea?
No, I'm sometimes using the MJ Plus in Encanto and it just works OK through RP WIFI's service. Sometimes good and sometimes breaks up a lot depending on time of day. What I also have been using more often lately is my T-Mobile cell phone with their wireless calling feature through my wireless network that I set up in my house. It does use plan minutes, BUT no roaming charges. It seems to be more dependable than the Magic Jack.

mondone

Whitecaps
I've had a satellite internet system through WildBlue up and running since 2006 out in the Estuary and WildBlue has a new system out that offers speeds up to 12Mbps down and 3Mbps up. But I believe they frown on having the dish in Mexico so you can use an AZ address for the service. Packages and Pricing | WildBlue | Fast Satellite Internet
As far as the Mexican Government is concerned, I heard this this a no-no, or at least frowned upon at the very least. They like to control bandwidth on the general population to control crime, whatever that means. So I heard anyway.

amor playa

We have had Miguel now for 6mos....the service is great out here in Miramar. We get ours bounced off the Encanto/Luna Blanca towers and theirs comes from town. I highly recommend it.