Finally Caught a Fish

AZ ROB

Finally was able to catch a nice sized fish out of the sea of Cortez. Up till now 16 LB was my limit. now we will try again on Friday. This is a pic taken by Mark aka Seadweller
fish.jpgfish 2.jpg

AZ ROB

Bill that was Rocky Point Joe's trip Yell at him for no invite... But I am going friday if you want to come along.. We can make room for you.. Mark is going as well.. LOL

Bill that was Rocky Point Joe's trip Yell at him for no invite... But I am going friday if you want to come along.. We can make room for you.. Mark is going as well.. LOL
Thanks a lot Rob....pushing me under the truck (or is it bus) like that! LOL I missed out on the trip too....thanks to the kidney stone attack I had! Took a whole week off to celebrate down there...had a grand total of 2 beers and headed home Sunday!

Bill...just so you know, we had a full boat.... Yeah,, I know...excuses, excuses, excuses!

We would of had a better day and lot more video to show, but Rob had 2 fish rock up on him and I had one snap 200 pound test spider wire like it was kite string and it snapped it off, almost at the reel...

At the first tug I felt, I leaned back in order to raise my pole and try to keep it from rocking up like what had just happened to Rob, it then instantly gave another great big tug on that line and with a "SNAP" it was all over except for me cryin' and my what it could have been stories... Like Stuart famously says "Sometimes the Fish Win"

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Did suck to watch that spider wire break on you

Hmmmm.... Not wanting to flame anyone for their personal tackle choices, but I have placed Spider Wire (and all the other super thin chain-woven braids) on my permanent blacklist. All it takes is one tiny little nick or fray in them, and they go from 200lb test to 8lb test.

Braids that use Dyneema weaves (PowerPro, Tuffline, Magicbraid, etc) do a better job of holding their rated strength.

All JMHO.