Fire Works Accident at Sonoran Spa

El Gato

I just read where there was an accident with fireworks last night at 8pm at the Sonoran Spa and that 7 were injured with 2 being flown to the States.

Pray that they are all going to be ok.

I just read where there was an accident with fireworks last night at 8pm at the Sonoran Spa and that 7 were injured with 2 being flown to the States.

Pray that they are all going to be ok.
A total of eight teenaged boys (ages 12-15) were injured at just after pm last night. The boys were taken in several ambulances to various facilities in town, where we spent hours with them until they were finally sent home. One group arranged transport immediately due to the severity of the injuries and then at about 11pm, two more were sent by ambulance to Lukeville, where a medical helicopter was to be ready to fly them to St. Joseph's.

Earlier in the day, the boys and their families had purchased a bunch of fireworks. While the adults were downstairs barbecueing, the kids decided to take the powder from the fireworks and "make one big one". The powder exploded from the activity (the boys say they did not light a match) and the floor tile they were working on became shrapnel. Several of them suffered only minor injuries, but at least 2 were maimed (fingers and an arm) and another will need cosmetic facial reparation.

All of the young men received excellent care at the General Hopital and Clinica San Jose, spending hours with surgeons prior to leaving, as doctors prepared them for the trip. A doctor and a paramedic accompanied them in the event of a setback en route.

playaperro

El Pirata
Los lesionados que fueron trasladados vía aérea a son los hermanos Dilan Dalton de 15 años y Dustin Dalton de 13 años. Los que están hospitalizados en Peñasco son: Jerome Nixon de 15 años Jarred Nixon de 12 años, John Tristan de 13 años y Graham Crown de 14 años, todos residentes de Mesa, Arizona, estaban acompañados de uno de los padres y otro familiar.

Here's the name's of the injured..

Hope they have insurance as the helicopter ride could be 30k
Well, they stiffed the General Hospital for $150 dollars. Then gringos ask why these doctors insist on payment before letting them leave. This kind of stuff just affects the way the next patient gets treated. I was embarrassed. I understand that in an emergency people aren't always thinking clearly, but the emergency room doctors were doing everything they could for these kids.

We'd like to take care of the $150 when we go down on the 24th. What is the location of the General Hospital where they were treated?

Thanks...

rplarry

We'd like to take care of the $150 when we go down on the 24th. What is the location of the General Hospital where they were treated?

Thanks...
Very, very cool of you Showlowjoe. Incredible gesture. Thank you from all of us who respect the efforts of the medical teams in Penasco who are doing the best they can with the resources and technology they have down there.

Your efforts will be greatly appreciated and hopefully will speak to the generosity and appreciation of the many Americans who deeply care for Penasco.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I'm so proud of you, Showlowjoe.......I can't wait to meet you!

Thanks as always, Rosie for the updates. How horrifying...... I've got them all in my prayers.....

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Well, they stiffed the General Hospital for $150 dollars. Then gringos ask why these doctors insist on payment before letting them leave. This kind of stuff just affects the way the next patient gets treated. I was embarrassed. I understand that in an emergency people aren't always thinking clearly, but the emergency room doctors were doing everything they could for these kids.

No disrespect but that clinic isn't capable of handling a situation like that or anything else semi serious. The emergency room doctors were doing everything they could for these kids which Im sure involved not a whole lot. Im sure these are the same doctors or doctor that administered xrays on me and then told me nothing was broken, only later to realize I had shattered vertebrae in my back. Its unfortunate that in a real emergency they wont release you till you have payed up. In a real emergency minutes matter and for you to have to sit there and wait to be released to the states before you pay up is a joke. I feel bad for these kids and their families. Hopefully they were able to pay quickly and get the hell out of there and get to St Joes as quickly as I did. I was fortunate that my parents gave a credit card over the phone but what about the person that doesn't have $600 laying there and their condition is now being affected because they aren't getting the timely treatment they need? I would have rather skipped everything they did for me in exchange for the straight ride to the border. Everything they did to me at the Clinic was a complete waste of time. They weren't capable of handling a situation like mine and only delayed the process of getting back to the states. The way my parents and I look at it we payed $600 for a ride to the border, which is a really good deal and worth it so Im not saying anything there. An ambulance ride in the states even a mile or two can be a thousand or more, however they aren't going to make you pay for it before they take you, lol. This is coming from a country with socialized medicine, could you imagine if we made everyone here in the states pay their bill before being released? LOl, it wouldnt happen because millions of people each year use the emergency room or have emergencies in general and they cant pay for it. Its really disturbing to think that they would keep you there if you couldnt pay even though you have a potentially life threating medical emergency. Hopefully these kids will be fine and hopefully they dont have some residual effect for the rest of their life because they didnt get timely medical treatment in the states.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Beautifull, Mexico Joe,

No disrespect but that clinic isn't capable of handling a situation like that or anything else semi serious. The emergency room doctors were doing everything they could for these kids which Im sure involved not a whole lot. Im sure these are the same doctors or doctor that administered xrays on me and then told me nothing was broken, only later to realize I had shattered vertebrae in my back. Its unfortunate that in a real emergency they wont release you till you have payed up. In a real emergency minutes matter and for you to have to sit there and wait to be released to the states before you pay up is a joke. I feel bad for these kids and their families. Hopefully they were able to pay quickly and get the hell out of there and get to St Joes as quickly as I did. I was fortunate that my parents gave a credit card over the phone but what about the person that doesn't have $600 laying there and their condition is now being affected because they aren't getting the timely treatment they need? I would have rather skipped everything they did for me in exchange for the straight ride to the border. Everything they did to me at the Clinic was a complete waste of time. They weren't capable of handling a situation like mine and only delayed the process of getting back to the states. The way my parents and I look at it we payed $600 for a ride to the border, which is a really good deal and worth it so Im not saying anything there. An ambulance ride in the states even a mile or two can be a thousand or more, however they aren't going to make you pay for it before they take you, lol. This is coming from a country with socialized medicine, could you imagine if we made everyone here in the states pay their bill before being released? LOl, it wouldnt happen because millions of people each year use the emergency room or have emergencies in general and they cant pay for it. Its really disturbing to think that they would keep you there if you couldnt pay even though you have a potentially life threating medical emergency. Hopefully these kids will be fine and hopefully they dont have some residual effect for the rest of their life because they didnt get timely medical treatment in the states.
``` Joe, RITE ON, I was thinking the same damn thing, ~ ~ ~ especially your last 4 - 6 sentence's, RITE ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ ~ ~ Joe, you were easy on them, ``` What I was going to say, ``` was ```WAY OFF THE CHARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ ~ ~ But I promised a couple of people that I wouldn't ~ ~ ~ "GO OFF" ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ All I'll say is that I was ~ ~ ~ "SMOKING" ~ ~ ~ by some of the post's that I see here ! ! !

~ ~ ~ A big thanks, Joe, ~ ~ ~ you saved me ~ ~ ~ I feel GREAT now

Last edited:

Thanks...
Just got in and saw this. What a generous and kind gesture, Joe. The hospital is on Rio Suchiate right across the street from where the Deli House used to be. When you go there, just ask to speak with the cashier and tell her it's for the bill left by the boys who got burned by fireworks. Everyone will know because even the Hospital administrator came out to help last night.

And again...thank you very much for your example.

Don't know where you were or who treated you, Joe. Of the eight kids, three were taken to General Hospital, three to the San Jose clinic and the other two were taken to the new urgent care place on Sandy Beach. At San Jose, surgeons were brought in to work on the kid's arm and prepared him to travel The two on Sandy Beach were air-lifted right away. At San Jose, the parents were able to speak to someone at the Consulate and they arranged for the helicopter at Lukeville. Sorry you feel you we don't have adequate care here, but I've heard as many stories that tell a different tale. If I ever have to be transported from Penasco due to a medical emergency, I would opt for Hermosillo. I know Russ thinks highly of the military hospital here. Guess it's just depends what part of the elephant you see on a given day.

Stiffing a hospital for $150 bucks makes 'gringos' look bad? Then tell me Rosie, how does stiffing hospitals in the US for millions upon millions of dollars while in the county illegally make Mexicans look?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Stiffing a hospital for $150 bucks makes 'gringos' look bad? Then tell me Rosie, how does stiffing hospitals in the US for millions upon millions of dollars while in the county illegally make Mexicans look?
Oh bright one. you are comparing apples and oranges. one example is a criminal act (entering the country ilegally). the other example is one of a group entering the country legally and not paying a bill. your example is like saying how can drug dealers stiff the government from paying taxes on their income while others have to pay taxes.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~ ~ ~ Bingo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ ~ ~ BINGO ! ! ! ! ! ! ```el jimador BINGO ! ! ! ! ! ! RITE ON ! ! ! ! !

~ ~ ~ Again, BEAUTIFULL ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ I've been "saved AGAIN" ! ! ! ``` thankyou el jimador, ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ `I'm ~ ~ ~ VERY "HAPPY" ~ ~ ~ with your tell it like it is post, ~ ~ ~ AS OTHERS HAVE TOLD ME THEY ARE AS WELL ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ Like I said above ~ ~ ~ I promised 2 - people ~ ~ ~ that I wouldn't

~ ~ ~ "GO OFF " on this subject, ~ ~ ~ I'm "HAPPY" to see others w/HUEVOS

~ ~ ~ on this here forum ~ ~ ~ BINGO! ! ! !

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Oh I Love This One ~ ~ ~

Oh bright one. you are comparing apples and oranges. one example is a criminal act (entering the country ilegally). the other example is one of a group entering the country legally and not paying a bill. your example is like saying how can drug dealers stiff the government from paying taxes on their income while others have to pay taxes.
~ ~ ~ Man, I would like nothing better, dry heat,

~ ~ ~ But a promise is a promise, ```