Fire Works Accident at Sonoran Spa

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
~ ~ ~ Man, I would like nothing better, dry heat,

~ ~ ~ But a promise is a promise, ```
please please entertain me. It already takes me a while to figure out what you are saying, not sure if it is english, spanish, riddles or code you are speaking in. In any case it is highly entertaining.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, ~ ~ ~

please please entertain me. It already takes me a while to figure out what you are saying, not sure if it is english, spanish, riddles or code you are speaking in. In any case it is highly entertaining.
~ ~ ~ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, ~ ~ ~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~ ~ ~

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Had an experience with family member, and a major head injury. We took him to the clinic, where they gave his steroids to prevent his brain from swelling, and the doctor stayed with him all night. He later went to Mayo in Scottsdale, and they said the clinic did the correct procedures.

One does not make the other right. Not paying because you have no money hase to be different from not paying when you can. I have to believe if the gringos had told the Dr. or hospital that they had spent all their money and would pay later that would have been OK.
Stiffing anyone is just plain not right.

Stiffing a hospital for $150 bucks makes 'gringos' look bad? Then tell me Rosie, how does stiffing hospitals in the US for millions upon millions of dollars while in the county illegally make Mexicans look?
I didn't say it made gringos look bad, I said it would affect the way the next gringo is treated, and that I was embarrassed (this, because I was with them and left my own number as the contact number). Your clumsy attempt to use this situation to beat that same old, tired drum is of no interest to me...bait someone else. Yawn...

gyarbs

Rosy, your attitude was quite clear "stiffed" as if Im sure the Americans intended to "stiff" anyone. And the constant strain on our resources here in the USA most certainly affect the way the next Mexican is treated and viewed as well, but of course we dont want to beat that same old drum, right? How pathetic, 150 bucks, yeah, Im sure the Americans intent was to "stiff" the medical workers, please? Chose your words a little better next time.

Rosy, the reason that tired old drum keeps getting beat is there is truth in its message. You just don't want to hear it. It does not fit with your message that the poor Mexican is again being taken avantage of by big bad 'gringo'. You refuse to see from which side of the border the worst behavior originates. I'm not using this 'situation' for anything other than to respond to your bigoted post. Yawn, yes, you are more than predictable when comes to border issues.

Rosy, your attitude was quite clear "stiffed" as if Im sure the Americans intended to "stiff" anyone. And the constant strain on our resources here in the USA most certainly affect the way the next Mexican is treated and viewed as well, but of course we dont want to beat that same old drum, right? How pathetic, 150 bucks, yeah, Im sure the Americans intent was to "stiff" the medical workers, please? Chose your words a little better next time.
Are you implying that an American would not "stiff" anyone for $150? That's ridiculous, of course some would and some do. You weren't there and I was. They were asked to pay several times and chose not to. They did pay the higher bill that included the ambulance ride to the border, but I stand by my choice of words. Since when do I need your approval on my vocabulary, anyway? I'll make you a deal, you structure your posts the way you want to, and if I take personal offense I'll address it, and vice versa. As for the drum you're beating...some of you turn every discussion into that old song. What happens in the States doesn't make what happened here last night any less wrong.

In the Mexican radio news it was reported that the injured boys had all been drinking. This is untrue and I have complained about that report. While some of the parents had been drinking earlier in the day, the boys were seemingly all good, sober kids and what happened certainly sobered the parents up real quick.

Rosy, the reason that tired old drum keeps getting beat is there is truth in its message. You just don't want to hear it. It does not fit with your message that the poor Mexican is again being taken avantage of by big bad 'gringo'. You refuse to see from which side of the border the worst behavior originates. I'm not using this 'situation' for anything other than to respond to your bigoted post. Yawn, yes, you are more than predictable when comes to border issues.
When I'm in the States I don't like bad behavior, even if the perpetrators are Mexican, and in Mexico, I don't like bad behavior. Your point is not a valid one in the context of what happened last night, which is what was being discussed. I am not a bigot, and by the way, neither are any of the many people who worked hard last night to help the families in quesiton. I only hope that in the U.S., Mexican families would've been treated with the same respect.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
A # 1

~ ~ ~ :gradea: ~ ~ ~ :bunny: ~ ~ ~

HAPPY

User is currently banned
A # 1

~ ~ ~ :gradea: ~ ~ ~ :bunny: ~ ~ ~

Terry C

By the looks of the room they spent all their money on the fire crackers to make the one BIG one.. Sad, hope they all recover.

By the looks of the room they spent all their money on the fire crackers to make the one BIG one.. Sad, hope they all recover.
It is sad. Especially the 13-yr old with the damaged arm and his friend with severed fingers. Did you see the gouges in the ceiling of that condo? The explosion had to have been fierce. All of them were still having hearing problems at 11pm.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Stay home then!!!

Stay home then?! LAWL Im going to stay home then because of a 1 and 1 million chance of breaking my back?! Come on dude, seriously? Stay home then, wow... I really dont know what to say. Do you have some personal vested interest in the San Jorge Clinic? Why do you care if I tell everyone about my bad experience? I've said nothing to offend you directly.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Don't know where you were or who treated you, Joe. Of the eight kids, three were taken to General Hospital, three to the San Jose clinic and the other two were taken to the new urgent care place on Sandy Beach. At San Jose, surgeons were brought in to work on the kid's arm and prepared him to travel The two on Sandy Beach were air-lifted right away. At San Jose, the parents were able to speak to someone at the Consulate and they arranged for the helicopter at Lukeville. Sorry you feel you we don't have adequate care here, but I've heard as many stories that tell a different tale. If I ever have to be transported from Penasco due to a medical emergency, I would opt for Hermosillo. I know Russ thinks highly of the military hospital here. Guess it's just depends what part of the elephant you see on a given day.
I was taken to the San Jose Clinic. I dont need to feel anything, its a fact that the Clinic doesnt have adequate care. They dont have adequate care thats why they were air lifted to St. Joes. Listen Im not trying to dog on the clinic Im just hoping this might help someone in the future avoid having similar issues in an emergency. I dont see elephants and I dont understand why you would suggest where to be taken for emergency treatment. My issue is the hospital not releasing someone in the event of an emergency. I had broken vertebrae, this was a Spinal Cord Injury, minutes matter and for someone to say no we cant let him go anywhere till he pays is ridiculous. What if I couldnt have gotten a hold of my parents right away? What if it was hours? Im fortunate because my parents picked up the phone right away and payment was made immediately and I was taken to the border. In all fairness and to the credit of San Jose Clinic they did arrange with my parents for me to be airlifted from Lukeville. I was airlifted to ST JOES and my neurosurgeon credits my timely arrival and subsequent surgery to being able to walk again. In a true emergency, minutes and hours matter and for someone to possibly negatively effect the outcome can be frustrating to say the least. Rosy you're an important person from what I understand, why dont you tell us the best way to get to the United States for treatment. After all of this I think the Mexican Red Cross and an ambulance ride to the border is the best bet but Im curious about alternatives. Nobody wants to go to Hermasillo and in my case St Joes is one of the best in the US for Spinal Cord and Brain injuries.

I was taken to the San Jose Clinic. I dont need to feel anything, its a fact that the Clinic doesnt have adequate care. They dont have adequate care thats why they were air lifted to St. Joes. Listen Im not trying to dog on the clinic Im just hoping this might help someone in the future avoid having similar issues in an emergency. I dont see elephants and I dont understand why you would suggest where to be taken for emergency treatment. My issue is the hospital not releasing someone in the event of an emergency. I had broken vertebrae, this was a Spinal Cord Injury, minutes matter and for someone to say no we cant let him go anywhere till he pays is ridiculous. What if I couldnt have gotten a hold of my parents right away? What if it was hours? Im fortunate because my parents picked up the phone right away and payment was made immediately and I was taken to the border. In all fairness and to the credit of San Jose Clinic they did arrange with my parents for me to be airlifted from Lukeville. I was airlifted to ST JOES and my neurosurgeon credits my timely arrival and subsequent surgery to being able to walk again. In a true emergency, minutes and hours matter and for someone to possibly negatively effect the outcome can be frustrating to say the least. Rosy you're an important person from what I understand, why dont you tell us the best way to get to the United States for treatment. After all of this I think the Mexican Red Cross and an ambulance ride to the border is the best bet but Im curious about alternatives. Nobody wants to go to Hermasillo and in my case St Joes is one of the best in the US for Spinal Cord and Brain injuries.
I understand your injury was a serious one, and am glad you got back safely and got the appropriate care. The elephant i refer to is the old adage that says the blind men, all touching the elephant, describe it differently because they touched a different part (flappy ears, eely tail, tree trunk legs, etc). I don't pretend to think that we have the equipment in Penasco that is available in the States. In fact, when our current Governor was campaigning, I met with him about the importance of providing us with at least the bare minimum to deal with the kinds of trauma incidents we see every year.

Nor am I always happy with Dr. Rodriguez' policy of "you stay here until your bill is paid", but I know that he's running a business and that there are some people who wouldn't do the honorable thing and pay later for services rendered.

As for the best way to get back to the U.S. in an emergency, there is currently no better alternative than an ambulance to the border and a helicopter waiting there to take you the rest of the way. The Consulate is an important part of making those arrangements because things go more quickly if the Consulate is on the case. We try to take up some of the slack where we can, for example, if the people last night had needed to cash a check, we would've cashed it for them so they could pay the bill. This is assuming we had the funds and if I feel reasonably sure the check will be good (in this case that would not have been a problem).

Dr. Francisco Carrillo at the San Jose Clinic is an excellent physician and, last night at least, he was assisted by some very skilled doctors. Let me point out that when the word went out that children were injured in an explosion on Sandy Beach, the police department completely shut down the roads from the Sonoran to the clinics to all but the ambulances so they could get those kids there as quickly and safely as possible. While I agree that the U.S. is better equipped to handle these things (unfortunately), I reiterate that lots of people did a fine job last night.

This wasn't the only emergency my office was involved in this weekend, although it was the only one involving injuries, thank God.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I understand your injury was a serious one, and am glad you got back safely and got the appropriate care. The elephant i refer to is the old adage that says the blind men, all touching the elephant, describe it differently because they touched a different part (flappy ears, eely tail, tree trunk legs, etc). I don't pretend to think that we have the equipment in Penasco that is available in the States. In fact, when our current Governor was campaigning, I met with him about the importance of providing us with at least the bare minimum to deal with the kinds of trauma incidents we see every year.

Nor am I always happy with Dr. Rodriguez' policy of "you stay here until your bill is paid", but I know that he's running a business and that there are some people who wouldn't do the honorable thing and pay later for services rendered.

As for the best way to get back to the U.S. in an emergency, there is currently no better alternative than an ambulance to the border and a helicopter waiting there to take you the rest of the way. The Consulate is an important part of making those arrangements because things go more quickly if the Consulate is on the case. We try to take up some of the slack where we can, for example, if the people last night had needed to cash a check, we would've cashed it for them so they could pay the bill. This is assuming we had the funds and if I feel reasonably sure the check will be good (in this case that would not have been a problem).

Dr. Francisco Carrillo at the San Jose Clinic is an excellent physician and, last night at least, he was assisted by some very skilled doctors. Let me point out that when the word went out that children were injured in an explosion on Sandy Beach, the police department completely shut down the roads from the Sonoran to the clinics to all but the ambulances so they could get those kids there as quickly and safely as possible. While I agree that the U.S. is better equipped to handle these things (unfortunately), I reiterate that lots of people did a fine job last night.

This wasn't the only emergency my office was involved in this weekend, although it was the only one involving injuries, thank God.

For future reference is there a number we can contact directly or is it better to contact an official that can make the call? If there is a number can you please post, I will most definitely put that one into the tellcel.

For future reference is there a number we can contact directly or is it better to contact an official that can make the call? If there is a number can you please post, I will most definitely put that one into the tellcel.
I don't have the number on hand but will post it tomorrow. If you get caught needing it, though, and don't have it handy, the clinics and hospital have the number. I'll get that up here for sure tomorrow.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
[yes, I'm late to the party]

Let's not fight over who's right or wrong here for the hospital visit, we could battle that one for years and never be happy. This thread is about the kids that were injured and should stay that way.

I hope the kids have a speedy recovery and hopefully they learned their lesson ;-) I had a close experience with a firecracker in my eye once as a kid.