Fire works! Is there a better place to buy them then on the beach?

badfish

Well Known Member
I will be in RP on the 16th. My 12 year old son loves fire works of course and always asks for them when we are down there. I am frugal and think its a waste of money. But this trip i want to make him happy and buy a bunch of them.

Is there a better place than the beach vendors to buy them? We have been to many of the shops around town and i cant think of any where else to buy them. Where are the best deals on the GOOD fire works?

Check out that place as you are heading out of old port across the street from where Guy & Linda had the Old Port Deli... It's the place with all the pottery out front... this guy used to be the distributor for all fireworks vendors in Rocky Point...

or check out Shellys across the street from the old Margaritavilla... I know she used to sell them and always give a couple free ones if you bought a lot... if you go there, tell her Barb and Mark sent you...

Jack most are illegal especially if they go BOOM like this...

[video=youtube;8RR_zalRr_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RR_zalRr_Y[/video]

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
Aw man, legal or not (probably not) please tell your kid to be careful. Last summer a group of teenage boys, under what seemed to be careful supervision of plenty of adults, managed to blow themselves sky-high in one of the condos. I spent that night shuttling between emergency rooms and believe me, the aftermath was bad. And Chari, get those things outta your closet...

mondone

Whitecaps
About the only fireworks I enjoy are the one's shot off the pirate ship. Otherwise they are just a nuisance. I can do without the one's fired in town and on the beaches. :aagh:

My biggest gripe about fireworks is that people never pick up the trash they leave behind... it really sucks when I'll be shooting some underwater video footage of some cool fish and into frame comes a used rocket laying on the sea floor...

Kenny

Well Known Member
[video=youtube;wIF63jhRQcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIF63jhRQcw&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube. com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dfireworks%2Bmexico% 26oq%3Dfireworks%2Bmexico%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3Dg-m1%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3D3%26gs_upl%3D14922l28328l0l2 9032l16l16l0l2l2l0l110l1296l12.2l14l0[/video]

badfish

Well Known Member
I hate that their is always fire work stuff on the beach. My son would not be lighting them I would. I was under the impression that fire works were always legal in RP.

I think it's one of those catch 22's... legal to sell but illegal to use, or maybe the other way around... it's just that the law is not heavily enforced...

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
I know most RV resorts post NO FIREWORDS in the resort or on their beach.
It still happens but never seen anyone arrested. LOL

Dezracer

Well Known Member
What ever you do...please do not buy the Mexican homemade paper mache fireworks. So far I have witnessed one person losing their hand when it blew up and another serparate incident where the person got 3rd degree burns on there hands and has lost 80% of their hearing in one ear.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
What ever you do...please do not buy the Mexican homemade paper mache fireworks. So far I have witnessed one person losing their hand when it blew up and another serparate incident where the person got 3rd degree burns on there hands and has lost 80% of their hearing in one ear.
I'll second that one....when I was shooting off fireworks when the kids were young, I usually bought the ones "Made In China"....one year I didn't....was firing some "made in Mexico" rockets off the Playa d'Oro area...it looked like the fuze went out...went to relight it after waiting a few seconds...and the rocket went off almost on my hand...and then exploded about 10 ft. high...never again!!! Glad I used to have pretty good reflexes!!!

asprinkles

Well Known Member
I was told by the police in lobos that fireworks are illegal in mexico. We shot of one at our house and he was there in 2 minutes giving us the lecture. Oh well no fireworks in lobos. It was pretty awesome,we got one of the big gold rockets and what a boom it made. We had several people come up to the camp and wondered what it was. Then the cop comes up and kills our buzzzz. Leigh