Fish Wardens

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Well you know what we say Bill.:D
Unfortunatley for me yes, no picture it didnt happen......It was a great trip, we pulled in to Magdalena Bay, so the little boats could come out and fuel us up, dropped the dingy and headed back toward the mouth of the bay and got into a huge school of barracuda, so we caught a few of those and released them. Like my brother says ¨I like catching them, more than I like eating them.¨We kept some dorado, a wahoo and a Mako caught trolling thru Vizcaino Bay... I've never posted about fishing, but we used to fish quite a bit...I just got tired of it.

I had gotten mine online thru San Diego the last 3 years. This year for the past 6 months, they say you cant pay and print as in the past. I tried to purchase one at the office Stuart posted about in the city building and they did not have any to sell. Consequently, I never got a license. What other options do I have?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I had gotten mine online thru San Diego the last 3 years. This year for the past 6 months, they say you cant pay and print as in the past. I tried to purchase one at the office Stuart posted about in the city building and they did not have any to sell. Consequently, I never got a license. What other options do I have?
Here you go:

http://www.vagabundos.com/license.htm#2

They tack on a fee for non-members, but it's not outrageous ($11). There is a link on the page to print the form and you can mail it/fax it to them with a check or CC number. They turn them around pretty quick. I've been a member of Vagabundos for many, many years and have found this to be the easiest way to get my fishing licenses

dmcauley

I don't want to see any of you great white USA fishers get into trouble so you should know any bragging about how many hundred fish faces or fish pounds you got into the boat might be monitored on this site by the Mexican authorities. My son talked to the Safe Harbor boat dock guys yesterday about the costs of parking his 20 ft boat. A young guy there told Sean his boat would be ok there but don't ever have any fishing stuff in the boat without a license and that the fish wardens were counting fish. He said some big gringo boats there were going to be in trouble with "marina inspectadoras " about "pescado excesivo y sin licencia". He would not be specific about which boats.
I talked to all the boys at Safe Marina yesterday and was told that this is just another rumor started by someone who has nothing better to do. I also bought a fishing license at the old comandancia just where I do every year without a problem but for those who don't get a chance to be here during the week, Stu's idea is very good. The membership is minimal and the service is great.

YumaJames

Agree with dmcauley. I just spent the last two days of perfect weather fishing Area 51, launched out of Safe Harbor, and didn't see an Top Secret CIA Seal Team 5 Mexican fish wardens in camoflauge climbing the sea walls of the marina secretly video taping boats. But I did see Arturo sleeping in his chair, and as usual, I was jealous. And the office at city hall does have fishing licenses on hand now.

Last edited: