Fishing Report for March 16 to 20

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
SMH You're the worst offender. You're the keyboard commando that will ban someone for the slightest infraction and tell them to go suck it if they dont like it. I don't know if you have forgotten but this is an internet FORUM where people created conversation and VOICE THEIR OPINIONS for discussion. I didn't tell anyone off, I asked a question, and a valid one at that. Why are we killing the shark? SMH Whats that saying? People that live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones?
Whatever, Joe. FYI - I didn't threaten to ban you. You are welcome to voice your opinion, as I am mine. But you have a BAD HABIT of trying to shout people down in making your point. All over this forum, not just this thread. You'll also notice that some of your posts (and a few others) of late have gone missing because you insist on injecting politics into threads. That is a no-no here and you know it.

Back to your question - Why are we killing the shark? Because they are damned good to eat. They are a legal, but not common, catch. If you don't like it, too bad. Stay on your kayak and keep killing the corvina, k? I'm sure that somewhere, there are people that wonder why you are killing the corvina, so please try not to be so hypocritical in the future.

One man's gamefish is another man's bait. End of story. :puff:

Kenny

Whatever, Joe. FYI - I didn't threaten to ban you. You are welcome to voice your opinion, as I am mine. But you have a BAD HABIT of trying to shout people down in making your point. All over this forum, not just this thread. You'll also notice that some of your posts (and a few others) of late have gone missing because you insist on injecting politics into threads. That is a no-no here and you know it.

Back to your question - Why are we killing the shark? Because they are damned good to eat. They are a legal, but not common, catch. If you don't like it, too bad. Stay on your kayak and keep killing the corvina, k? I'm sure that somewhere, there are people that wonder why you are killing the corvina, so please try not to be so hypocritical in the future.

Not yet it's not! When you were catching the big (at that time and for some time after species unknown) black tip, you sure didn't mention eating him. All you were talking about on the video was bragging rights and that it would bring you "top dollar".

Last edited:

Kenny

We encountered mako sharks near the boat on 3 of the 5 days we fished at 3 different spots at 23 to 52 miles out. We were not chumming or targeting sharks, just catching other fish that the sharks thought were an easy lunch. You can't avoid them sometimes and I hope to release the next one we catch unharmed.
I can remember more than one or two fish and remember them well that I've kept, but in hind site I would have let them live.

Kenny

As some of you remember; back in the day Sharks were a much bigger pain in the butt than Seals are today, and they were everywhere. I can remember more than once a shark taking fish and usually the biggest one of the day right off Pinto Point or anywhere along the high rocks back in the 50's and early 60's. My Uncle Teddy once and accidentally was hooked up to a Tiger Shark that was longer than our boat! It had engulfed a 3 foot shark as he was bringing up to our boat, it just inhaled it!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

No, actually I hadn't noticed. Because they are damned good to eat, O YEA I remember the last time I recall seeing MAKO on the menu at the Salt Seller, McCormick and Schmicks, Mastro's Ocean Club, AJ's Fine Foods, Sprouts, Fry's, Safeway, it was NEVER! You go out there and catch some really good eating fish like yellowtail and WSB and quite a few of them and then kill the MAKO because you needed more good fish to eat. The funny thing is I dont recall that being the excuse as to why they killed the MAKO, and this might be paraphrasing but it was something like, "... my buddy was in town from Minnesota and this was the only fish we caught that day (Sunday)..." so obviously, of course you had to kill it, it was the only fish you caught that day. There you go, without fail, being the Stuart that I've grown to love, THE BELITTLE'R! Belittling me because I have to fish out of kayak. Real adult like of you. Thank you for that, I now feel like a piece of sh1t but that's clearly what you were going for. LASTLY, by definition being HYPOCRITICAL would mean that I would have had to KILL a MAKO shark and then tell you it wasn't right to KILL a MAKO shark, that's HYPOCRISY!!! Killing corvina and killing a MAKO shark arent even in the same game, not even in the same ballpark, not even in the same LEAGUE, NOT EVEN IN THE SAME SPORT!!! But here you go, keep justifying the killing of the MAKO. I bet it tastes really good, do you use butter with your MAKO?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Nobody belittled you because of your kayak. In your anger, as usual, you jump to conclusions - - the only point was and is -- you go out on your kayak and kill fish, I go out on my boat kill fish. What makes the fish you kill any more or less special than the ones I kill? A fish is a fish is a fish.

One need not look too far to find mako shark on the menu, even at the McCormicks and Shicks you mentioned. Maybe not all locations, but they serve it, for certain. And you will occasionally find it at the seafood counters, as well.

And what in the hell do jean shorts have to do with the price of tea in China? They are carpenter shorts. I've worn them fishing for years because they have lots of pockets and storage for pliers, knives, etc. that I need quickly while fishing. I'm the LAST person on the planet that tries to make any kind of fashion statement while I'm fishing. Strictly functionality. Like Kenny's naked ass and fishing belt. I don't wanna know where he stores his pliers!
:rofl:
mako.jpg

jerry

Two great white sharks swimming in the ocean spied survivors of a sunken ship. “Follow me, son” the father shark said to the son shark and they swam to the mass of people.
“First we swim around them a few times with just the tip of our fins showing.” And they did.
“Well done, son! Now we swim around them a few times with all of our fins showing.” And they did.
“Now we eat everybody.” And they did.
When they were both gorged, the son asked, “Dad, why didn’t we just eat them all at first? Why did we swim around and around them?”
His wise father replied, “Because they taste better without the sh***t inside!”

Shawno

I love eating fish and have it almost every day for lunch or dinner. We enjoyed the grilled mako with either teriyaki glaze or pineapple habanero salsa. It was a first for all 3 of us. It reminded me of swordfish. I prefer grouper, but always wanted to try mako. I killed and ate the first striped marlin I caught years ago and thought it was delicious and tasted a lot like tuna. I have since released the only other marlin I caught. Absolutely no regrets.

Hate to say, you don"t taste much fish, better, than Mako.You do know what they eat ?We saw a 7 to 8 foot black tip in Lobos. First time in 28 yrs. There are yellow tail in Lobos ,as well as 50 netters. Leigh

jerry

Hate to say, you don"t taste much fish, better, than Mako.You do know what they eat ?We saw a 7 to 8 foot black tip in Lobos. First time in 28 yrs. There are yellow tail in Lobos ,as well as 50 netters. Leigh
YouTube
in the political correct world we call small time gill netters "Artisan fishermen" and raise the price of a piece of fish

Last edited: