From the friendly folks at Las Palomas via craigslist

A

AZrockpoint

For a 3 month period last year these were the ratios of guests at the resort... 70% guest of owner, 20% owner, 10% paying guest. When the guest of owner impact fee was put in place the average guest of owner changed to 40% and the paying guest of the resort went up to 30%.

On the other hand if a family member or friend is giving you his place free of charge and the only fee you have to pay is $25 for the stay and $5 per person to stay at a 4 diamond resort, would you really be complaining?
Oh Dryheat, you are a man of statistics....how substantive! So tell me, how many rentals is that management company getting for you? Because, when I have sneaked onto your resort, used the pools, and spoke to some of the owners, they do not seem so happy. What luck, I must have been talking to the 1%.

You could probably also help me with my math. Let's see...an owner, has paid $300-600K for a condo and several additional thousands of dollars in maintenance fees every year invites a "true guest" family of five to stay in his/her condo for a week. The owner/guest would then have to pay an additional $200 to use their own condo. That is $25 plus $5 per person per day right?

Hmmm, sounds like a pretty sweet deal, who could complain??? You should advertise that full disclosure when you try and sell your condo.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerry

One more thing and then off my soapbox. Jerry, you started this thread. Do you own at LP? Do their rules effect you personally? I could understand if a condo owner posted that as a gripe but I don't understand your particular interest in it.
Well I'm just looking out for the folks as one of your heros on Fox puts it. If you noticed in another thread i reported the( suppressed by Mexican and American rich guys) story of the huge gun battle in Nogales last week.You saw the story here on the forum because my Buddy Michael from the Border Reporter is the only honest newsman left in Southern Arizona. It wasn't until yesterday kvoa 4 ran a story on this nightmare
http://www.kvoa.com/news/former-sportscaster-caught-in-nogales-violence/

Oh by the way try this with the old rusted tower if we all have to run for it some day.
http://www.oobject.com/sky-captain-gadgets-vehicles/airstream-trailer/1067/

Brad47

The battle between the Trailer People and the Condo People is great reading but can the name on the thread be changed to Las Palomas from Las Palmas as it is unfair to the Las Palmas owners to be getting all this negative press.
Yeah Tyler.......please change the title to reflect the actual resort the thread is targeting......LAS PALOMAS ......NOT Las Palmas. The last thing I want see next weekend when I come to down is a bunch of riff raff hanging out using the amenities I pay for. Honestly if they spend money at the bar and grill and don't trash the place it would be a good thing !!

When we bought back in 2005 I really didn't like going down because of all the renters. Now days I have the place all to myself and can find a parking space at the Malecon without any trouble, its like the olds day !!!

Brad47

How cool, for some chump change they'll probably let you knock out a few walls
for a upgrade.
No expansion in our future, we have the place up for sale. The kids have all moved out and our lifestyle is changing, believe it or not we will most likely buy an RV so where not tied to just one place.

jerry

No expansion in our future, we have the place up for sale. The kids have all moved out and our lifestyle is changing, believe it or not we will most likely buy an RV so where not tied to just one place.

FLASH>>>NEWS FLASH>>>>Avoiding a angry group of Housewives of Orange County type condo enforcers Brad47 has reportedly crossed the neutral zone and defected to a yet unspecified trailer park. He reportedly abandoned his tassled leather driving shoes, Tommy Bahamas, Izod and Polo infused wardrobe and rappled down the back wall in camo gear with a six pack of tecate in his pack,

Brad47

FLASH>>>NEWS FLASH>>>>Avoiding a angry group of Housewives of Orange County type condo enforcers Brad47 has reportedly crossed the neutral zone and defected to a yet unspecified trailer park. He reportedly abandoned his tassled leather driving shoes, Tommy Bahamas, Izod and Polo infused wardrobe and rappled down the back wall in camo gear with a six pack of tecate in his pack,

Once I get my RV (not a trailer) maybe I will get an invite to the annual thanksgiving bash ! Better yet would be an invite the annual corvina hunt at your place, Jerry. Maybe Kenny and myself could caravan down from Prescott together.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
an yet another conversion, must be the economy, downsizing!! no, no is the riff raff from the trailer trash parks!! :eek3:

Last edited: