Gas prices 1/1/2012

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We filled up at the Pemex, and paid $9.42 pesos/liter, which converts to $2.71 dollars/gallon!! (We got 13.2 dollars/pesos). As if the weather, the people and the food weren't good enough reasons to visit Penasco, you have cheap gas as well!

Last edited:

mondone

Whitecaps
I filled up at the Pemex at las Conchas on Monday and charged with my Capital One Visa ( no foreign transaction fee) and it came through billing at $2.565/gallon.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I never paid attention but it usually costs me 40 and this trip it was 32.....I use the Pemex on Sinaloa and Fremont, in the Mirador.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
I filled up at the Pemex at las Conchas on Monday and charged with my Capital One Visa ( no foreign transaction fee) and it came through billing at $2.565/gallon.
How do they work it at that gas station....do you leave your ID/CC inside until you gas up, then they do the "dial-up CC" reader? I used to do that at the old Pemex out by the airport years ago...but half the time they couldn't get the transaction to go thru... I don't think the Pemex at Sinaloa/Fremont takes Credit Cards...since they closed the little store...can anyone verify if they still do?

mondone

Whitecaps
How do they work it at that gas station....do you leave your ID/CC inside until you gas up, then they do the "dial-up CC" reader? I used to do that at the old Pemex out by the airport years ago...but half the time they couldn't get the transaction to go thru... I don't think the Pemex at Sinaloa/Fremont takes Credit Cards...since they closed the little store...can anyone verify if they still do?
I just tell them to fill it up and when completed just hand them my CC and drivers license. Sometimes they have a handheld reader right at the pumps and sometimes I walk with the attendant into the office where they use a desk reader. Both issue a printed receipt. This is the only Pemex I go to, so can't speak for any other stations.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Thanks mondone...will have to check it out the next time....gotta pull my Capital One card out of retirement....

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Just go to Super Ley buy some groceries and cash out with a $ 100.00 and ask for refund in pesos. No exchange fee and a good rate. Pay in pesos at most places and you get a better price. Pay in dollars at Pemex is always a rip off. This last weekend they were at 12.50!

mondone

Whitecaps
Just go to Super Ley buy some groceries and cash out with a $ 100.00 and ask for refund in pesos. No exchange fee and a good rate. Pay in pesos at most places and you get a better price. Pay in dollars at Pemex is always a rip off. This last weekend they were at 12.50!
Capital One converted my purchase at about 13.70.

Cactus Jack

You should always pay with CASH using Mexican pesos when buying gas at Pemex stations. Actually, it is always best to pay with local currency, and AVOID using credit cards in Mexico. As far as buying gas in Rocky Point, one would need a calibrated container to find a Pemex station with honest measure (Good Luck!). If one finds a Pemex station with honest measure, please post the location!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Unless you know the person you are handing you CC at the Pemex I'll be carefull, twice my cc number was stolen once at the Pemex at las conchas entry and once at the circle K in Juarez next to the fremont traffic light, now it is strictly cash or only use my cc at the last Pemex going out of town not a single problem there in the last 2 years plus you can have the last ice cream from thristy as you leave town!!
I think it has been mention already but yes RPJoe the Pemex at Sinaloa and Fremont does take cc but always ask before pumping at any Pemex if paying with cc some times their system is not working or lines are down

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Thanks for the info Eduardo...I had previously used my cc at the Sinaloa/Fremont station, but you always had to go inside the little store to do the transaction...as far as I know, they closed the store a while back...so I use pesos (hit the ATM across the street on the corner)...

mondone

Whitecaps
Unless you know the person you are handing you CC at the Pemex I'll be carefull, twice my cc number was stolen once at the Pemex at las conchas entry and once at the circle K in Juarez next to the fremont traffic light, now it is strictly cash or only use my cc at the last Pemex going out of town not a single problem there in the last 2 years plus you can have the last ice cream from thristy as you leave town!!
I think it has been mention already but yes RPJoe the Pemex at Sinaloa and Fremont does take cc but always ask before pumping at any Pemex if paying with cc some times their system is not working or lines are down
Just keep the CC in sight at all times and you won't have a problem. I've had more issues with stolen CC #'s in the states at places like restaurants, never a problem in Mexico.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
On 1/16 diesel was 9.91 pesos per liter...with the 13.49 pesos per dollar I got at the Bodega, that's $2.78/gallon....over a $1 per gallon cheaper than home!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Gas converted at $3.17 per gallon this past weekend. After pumping 100 gallons in the boat! But YES, loving those diesel prices, which are currently $3.85 to $4.05 everywhere here in PHX.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
There are 2 stations over on the west side of Phoenix, both right off I-10 that are running $3.71-3.75/gallon for diesel...at 51 Ave (QuikTrip) and 59 Ave (Liberty truck stop)

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Filled up at Pemex on 2/26/12, $9.60 pesos/liter or $2.96 dollars/gallon- exchange 12.3 pesos/dollar

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Diesel was 10 pesos/liter on Feb. 21....$3.08/gallon....still cheaper than in AZ but every trip down it keeps increasing (and the exchange rate has dropped).