Gas Prices

marybna

The last time we were down, we thought prices were higher than they are here in Tucson. What are they running now?

Everywhere else in Az is more expensive than Tucson :p
When I was down last, I filled up before I left. I was below a 1/4 tank. Cost me about few bucks more than here.
So I didn't feel like I paid more than $3.50gal.

Kelney

Mid June I believe gas was about $3.90 a gallon. I was doing the math in my head so I could be off .10 + or -. It starting to suck having a boat down there.

playaperro

El Pirata
Price of Gasoline & Diesel in Baja as of 06-06-14
All of
Mexico
Average
US Cost~
California
Average
Best Price
San Diego^
Per Liter
in Pesos

Per Gallon
in USD
Per Gallon
in USD
Per Gallon
in USD
Per Gallon
in USD

Magna (regular unleaded) - Verde

$12.77

$3.74

$3.69

$3.89

Premium - Rojo

$13.45

$3.94

$3.71

$4.09

Diesel

$13.28

$3.89

$3.91

$3.91

* calculated at the rate of 12.92 pesos per dollar ~ US/CA Prices from AAA 06/06/14 ^San Diego prices 06/06/14

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I am so sorry, I didn't pay attention today when I gassed up in Sonoyta. I hardly pay attention to gas prices here because it is what it is and I can't worry about it.... It was 40 bucks and probably 13 gallons......

playaperro

El Pirata
I hope Sonora does not follow the lead of baja cali and make us use pet carriers for our pets, maybe good idea for small lap dogs.

marybna

In 10 years they have never asked anything about my big dog. I always have his papers but he is always asleep on the back seat. They seem to be more interested in the 10,000 dollar I am bring with me. I wish.

Yesterday I went to Nogales and I was appalled at how the border people treated everyone. The gate keeper was so dam arrogant and rude. There was an older Mexican women have difficulty with the heat and he told her to wait her turn. When he turned his back the crowd got her to the front. Once you got in, there were only 2 stations open and it was like they went as slow as they could.

Roberto

I hope Sonora does not follow the lead of baja cali and make us use pet carriers for our pets, maybe good idea for small lap dogs.
Says, 'caged or restrained' so a leash otta do. Not a bad idea really, given that not all dogs are friendly.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
90 gallons, $362 in the boat two weeks ago. Figure on $4 a gallon right now in Penasco. I have a cheat sheet in my wallet for liters=gallons so I know exactly how much gas I'm buying and putting in the boat. Burned 78 gallons of it fishing. A run to the 51 typically burns 88 gallons.

Time to start buying fish, not gas. :(