God damn Heroin

jerry

Well Known Member
Feel free to send in a check with your donation for a better healthcare system.
Somehow I have a feeling one day my tax dollars will be buying you and many of the other forum Republican rummies new livers....I'm cool with it! Drink up!

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Even though illegal for the average filthy hairy desert sand ape in old time Iran, the Shah allowed all "citizens" of age sixty or more to receive a free government supply of Tootsie Roll looking thick sticky black opium to smoke. You know the drill. The old shits would more sooner than later waste away therefore no longer be a burden on society.

The heroin issue is another subject altogether. Is now and always been the greatest culling drug of all time. Lowlifes, brain dead turds, low IQ assholes, retards, all a drain on civilized society eventually find the krap and terminate themselves quite willingly.

No one anywhere should "feel sorry" for them as they weren't mentally fit to be part of any civilization anyway. They are the reason we have cops and allow them to "protect" us from the junkies and somehow never complete the job.

Just saying,

JJ

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
https://www.facebook.com/sarah.wood.90260/posts/10212766218408766. A really good guy...we need better healthcare not prison
Very well written and thought provoking. I at one time wanted to flush all addicts, including alcohol addicts (especially alcohol addicts as I had a father that was evil when he drank and he drank often) I have no pity on addicts now but do know there is hope and that they are real people. I have 4 men working for me that went through the bottom on their drug of choice and are working their way back. The willingness of these addicts to talk frankly about their experiences and their efforts to make a better life have changed me.

jerry

Well Known Member
J: I am told by my former addict employees that no amount of healthcare, counseling or care will help an addict until he himself makes the choice to change.
think that sounds right but I did have 2 Yaqui guys on my crews that worked every day to pay for their heroin habit .They got it at bargain prices ( family business) and chipped away....always showed up....good concrete finishers to boot....slow and smooth

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
While it may come as surprise to some of y'all, I dealt with this issue very up close and personal in the 70's. It's why I joined the Navy, to escape everyone from high school dying of heroin overdoses. I was well on my way to joining them and decided "That's NOT me!"

Made it out alive, never looked back. Best thing I ever did in my life.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Here is a story from today’s news that helps us to understand just how powerful the grip of addiction is. The headline is about the officer but the underlying story of the struggle and decisions to keep using are what I found the most educational:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/15/health/police-officer-adopts-opioid-newborn-next-chapter-btc-beyond-the-call-of-duty/?iid=ob_article_organicsidebar_expansion
Also, god bless people like the officer in this story!

jerry

Well Known Member
Also, god bless people like the officer in this story!
"I'm scared I'll get clean and not find the comfort that I find in my life like this," she said. "
my friend adopted his wife's alcohol addicted sisters boy ( she hooked up st rehab with a meth addict)....meth and fetal alcohol baby ......He is now 16 and doing pretty good....has trouble focusing at school but personable and good mechanically...having someone that gives a shit is really important.....the parents? hopeless ...ok...then not....repeat cycle

Landshark

Well Known Member
J: I am told by my former addict employees that no amount of healthcare, counseling or care will help an addict until he himself makes the choice to change.
Heading to the jail in an hour to pick up my daughter who is being released for the second time around for heroin addiction. She completed the in jail rehab program and the judge agreed to an early release because of it. She says this time is different, she has decided drugs suck and wants to move on with life. Hope so because while so many organizations say they have a solution for addicts, they really don't unless the user is ready to quit. Maybe this time will be different, hope so because I'm out of ideas on how to help her and we're worn out from raising her born addicted 5 year old daughter.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Has she tried the monthly shots? This looks really promising...the rehab scammers must be panicking. https://www.ems1.com/opioids/articles/370920048-Scientists-Anti-heroin-vaccine-could-help-fight-opioid-addiction/
Didn't try this drug as that part of the battle happened a few years ago. Naltrexone was the drug then, injections, implant, or pills daily. The crappy healthcare wouldn't pay for the super expensive injections, daughter wouldn't let them cut her to put the implant in, so we went with the pills, and then she didn't take them but told me she did!!! Bottom line is you gotta want it. Drives me crazy...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Shark... went through identical with step-daughter, only difference being meth, not heroin.

Raised the grandson for several years while she was in jail. Thank god she found beans and rice and Jesus Christ in jail. Today? Never know it happened. Married, good job, owns a home. But it all came from within.

Heroin, meth, whatever. There are two options. A) you die or B) you wake the fuck up and get clean and live life as it was meant to be.

Wish there were more options and chapters to the story. Sadly, there are not.