Goodbye everyone

B

bahiatrader

The doctors tell me I haven't got very much time to live. I'm going to keep hangin' in there as long as I can. I've enjoyed using this forum, and I wish all of you the best of fortune

Kenny

I'm going to keep hangin' in there as long as I can.
Ha, that's what you did up in those tree's in the Pacific Northwest Robert, no reason to stop now! Keep posting, and I promise not to stop giving you a bad time.:grin:

B

bahiatrader

What originally started the problem is that I caught Rocky Mountan Tick Fever while doing a rodent study for EOU on the Alvord Desert in Southeastern Oregon. The organism attacked my heart and everything went downhill from there. "Life's a bitch and then you die." I'm doing my best not to let it happen yet. Thanks guys...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Old codgers never die, Bob. They just grow upside-down tomatoes!!! :cluck:
You are one of the strongest people I know and I envy the wonderful life you have lived!

MIRAMAR

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep fighting- we love your knowledge you've posted on this site!

dmcauley

It's been a pleasure having you around on this and other forums over the years. I sure wish there were time to wet a line together and swap lies. Thank you for your Viet-Nam service and for many pleasurable stories. Hang in there ol' pard, you will be missed.

B

bahiatrader

I use ap;e cider viegar on something almost daily and at least one meal a day is a smoothie made with mixed various kinds of frozen mixed fruit and juice,l (no ice). I thinlk that's part of what's making me hang on much longer than any medical prognosis, I ain't about to give up. I just know my condition is dfinitely terminal. I guess we all gotta go someday.

don

You're one Tough codger Bob! After all you've been through, this appears to be just another swell in the ocean. Jonathan and I sure enjoyed our trip to PP with you several years ago. That was quite the trip; up every morning at 0400 for hot breakfast, public launch, onwards to reefs. We tried trolling the first day out for dorado, but gave up and hit the reefs. Remember the second day, you showed us how you make bait, the wind and waves picked up but we went fishing anyway. You landed one huge (largest 've seen) trigger. You then proceeded to let groupers rock you several times. It was a quite an enjoyable trip; Jonathan and I fondly speak of it. You wrote a great story about your trip down the Baja with the "Millennium Falcon" and I'm sure Gene would publish it in WON if you or Tammy sent it along. Your always welcome to come aboard, maybe we can hook up again soon. Just beat this thing and we can set a date.

Last edited:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I've known Bob for a very long time, where he's lived, and about his rugged lifestyle and background. If I thought for a moment that he wouldn't get it, I wouldn't have posted it. As far as you not getting it, oh well.
Your so dismissing! Mean boy! I wasn't referring to your specific comment...just the situation...I know you don't care if I get it or not. Thank the good lord the hubby does!

Kenny

Your so dismissing! Mean boy! I wasn't referring to your specific comment...just the situation...I know you don't care if I get it or not. Thank the good lord the hubby does!
No I'm not: but since there was only one comment, mine, what else was I to think, except that you were chastising me?... Your hubby must be a Saint, or? LOL

Bob, I put up that avatar for you. A 20lb Native Steelhead out of the east fork of the Lewis. Man there are more than a few things I miss about the Pacific Northwest, but that right there is at the top of the list.

Last edited:

VonDog

El Pescador
So So Sorry to hear the news. I know how nasty parasidic diseases can be as I'm a biologist and had parasitology in college along with an independent study in parasidic diseases in waterfowl. Although we eat what we catch and we eat what we hunt, not too many people know of the parasites we consume on a daily basis for participating in such action. I'm truly empathetic and sympathetic for what you're going through. Hang in there and make the best of it and go quietly! Thanks for your military service and may we meet and fish in the great ocean of sea and dreams! God Bless!

B

bahiatrader

I got it Kenny... There might be hope for me yet. I have an appointment next week with a really good pulmonologist. I'm going to give it my damndest to see if he can arange a double lung transplant for me. I've communicated with some other guys in a COPD association that I belong to that hav had double lung transplants with wonderful results. Some of them have even started running again. 66 years old is too early to go as far as I'm concerned. I've already survived more than three medical death sentences and it looks like I may be able to survive this one as well. Presently I can't walk more than 15 feet without possibly falling over and hurting myself. I've done that too often lately as far as my loving wife of 43 years of marriage is concened. I know I'm one tough cookie and I'm gonna whip this one too if possible. Wish me luck and good fortune guys. Adios por ahora...