Have you Hugged your Octopus Today???

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
El pulpo cocktail.....yummy! hahahah! They are very cool to play with, though. It is literally amazing at how fast they can change colors to match their surroundings. Have messed around with them many times in San Carlos. Yes, both in the ocean and on a dinner plate!

mis2810

Love it! But it looks like you woke the little guy up before he had his morning coffee. But then again, maybe it was a girl - she looked like she was enjoying her snuggle with you! LOL!

Love it! But it looks like you woke the little guy up before he had his morning coffee. But then again, maybe it was a girl - she looked like she was enjoying her snuggle with you! LOL!
That was my amigo Rick that was doing the cuddling with this octo-mom... I am on the otherside of the camera...

Octopus Take 2 in the Garden...

This version shows a little more of what you may sea if you swim with me... and it is accompanied with music... and there could only be one song that would be fitting...

[video=facebook;416223763362]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=416223763362[/video]

That's it.....you are now officially the "Jacques Costeau" of PP!! One question about the brittle star though. When we were down in May, almost every rock I turned over had one under it. The last time we were down (6/28-7/6), I saw one. Another thing I noticed was there doesn't seem to be as many little crabs running around in the tidepools. Certain times of the year maybe?? Water temp maybe?? Wrong point at low tide maybe?? My imagination maybe??

That's it.....you are now officially the "Jacques Costeau" of PP!! One question about the brittle star though. When we were down in May, almost every rock I turned over had one under it. The last time we were down (6/28-7/6), I saw one. Another thing I noticed was there doesn't seem to be as many little crabs running around in the tidepools. Certain times of the year maybe?? Water temp maybe?? Wrong point at low tide maybe?? My imagination maybe??
the answer is "D" All of the above... for one thing the brittle star is the fastest moving starfish they may have loaded up the truck and moved to deeper water... those little crabs became sea food for fish... and the water temps could make a big difference in what type of sealife is present at any given time...

That brittle star in the video was lazy... usually when you drop them from that far up they begin to rotate and curl up into a ball as they fall... it's cool to watch... in fact I have a video of it somewhere... let me sea where did I put that thing... Oh there it is...

[video=youtube;5gH8Z6__q6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gH8Z6__q6o[/video]

That is cool. I'm assuming they do that as a precautionary measure. Curling up in a ball makes them sink faster, therefore not spending as much time "in the open" as bait before they hit bottom?? And as for the critters in the tide pools, guess I'll just have to wait and "sea" what I "sea" in three weeks!!

That is cool. I'm assuming they do that as a precautionary measure. Curling up in a ball makes them sink faster, therefore not spending as much time "in the open" as bait before they hit bottom?? And as for the critters in the tide pools, guess I'll just have to wait and "sea" what I "sea" in three weeks!!
Exactly... we are going to be checking out a couple of new rocks we have been wanting to try so if they work out you can join me next time or I can join you and Bruce... it's all fun...