health check

cheatka

Has anyone heard of this? I can't imagine the Mex Navy giving health checks to everyone on their way down there.:?:

The flu issue is being taken very seriously throughout Mexico, and Rocky Point is no exception. Most recently, it was announced that the Navy is setting up a military checkpoint at Kilometer 68 on the road between Sonoyta and Puerto Penasco, a "health" checkpoint for the purpose of preventing the spread of A-H1N1 that might be brought into the country by tourists or by residents of Sonoyta. Depending on the flow of traffic from the north, the checkpoint will be installed either permanently or partially. What will actually occur at such a checkpoint has not been made clear.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Good grief! How do you check for Swine flu? I can't believe that this would be true. It would not bode well for tourism. Rosie, what do you think?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Happened to us coming down last Friday. Long line, about 15 minute wait, looked like a military checkpoint. The only thing they did was spray our hands with hand sanitizer. We were like WTF?? I guess we need clean hands to get into Mexico now! Go figure.

Happened to us coming down last Friday. Long line, about 15 minute wait, looked like a military checkpoint. The only thing they did was spray our hands with hand sanitizer. We were like WTF?? I guess we need clean hands to get into Mexico now! Go figure.
Barb got her hands sprayed with alchohol at Los Palomas over the weekend too... :roll: do you think the white bio-hazard suits are next?