Homeport moving along!

apricot

Well Known Member
Should of taken pic, the road to Cholla is too washboard out, destroy most cars going to JJ's. The overpass road is an obstical course, careful on the entrance to town.
The road to Cholla is really, really bad. Was surprised that it was like that over Memorial weekend. You would have thought with all the tourists in town that they would keep it up better.

apricot

Well Known Member
Th
I think they are building the rebar columns for the overpass.
Thinking about this some more. Why would they build anything for the overpass in that location? Seems like they would be doing that closer to the overpass intersection where they have started pouring concrete in molds, which I'm assuming are for the overpass. (Not the molds that are being poured for the homeport). Maybe those rebar columns are for the homeport buildings?

playaperro

El Pirata
Th

Thinking about this some more. Why would they build anything for the overpass in that location? Seems like they would be doing that closer to the overpass intersection where they have started pouring concrete in molds, which I'm assuming are for the overpass. (Not the molds that are being poured for the homeport). Maybe those rebar columns are for the homeport buildings?
Terminal for Homeport, I should of taken a pic but that road is too messed up to stop. Won't be going down that road unless it's someone else driving.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
The rebar columns being built next to the Reef RV park are for the cruise port terminal complex.
The road:
They waited until the Wednesday after Memorial Day weekend to scrape road to Cholla. :mad: I haven't seen the road that bad in a few years.
But it was still better than in the 80's and 90's when parts would just fall off your car from the vibration driving down that nasty road.

apricot

Well Known Member
The road was good for a while on Wed after they scraped it, but it was getting really bad again the very next day.