Homeport moving along!

We were down there last weekend. They were work'n away on it. There are a crap load of castings curing and mixers and haulers going, it was busy.
But we noticed from the edge of town all the way to where we stay, the whole town was hard at work. It was actually noticeably busy in a good way.

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We drift fished that thing for like 10 minutes on Memorial Weekend and caught a bunch of BONE FISH off of the tip... Would love to get my kayak over there... any ideas how?

Terry C

They should paint those goofy looking concrete blocks to look like rocks!

It's going sink anyway with all that weight. A panga launch next. Sorry, I couldn't help myself..........

I was there last June and from the looks of the picture........they haven't got much further out in the water in years time.
Hard to judge though from the picture

jerry

Jaws 5 Rocky Point coming the summer of 2017. ( right). I predict the first 5 year old eaten by a shark drawn to the area by this environmental disaster in the making will be blamed for his demise by our boosters..."well he should have swam faster"

ben21

So basically they're saying, "We have no idea if/when this will get done". Yikes...

I knew we'd never actually see successful cruise operations out of RP, but figured they might at least get a terminal built.

jerry

Without underneath tunneling to allow for free current flow, that will just collect sand and be filled with in 5 years.
Well the first guy in charge ( according to Penascodigital) did time in the states for being Cartel...he might know some tunnel diggers.

On a incoming tide the baitfish running the shore will get pushed (after being confused) around the tip by the usual suspects and the whole east/left side will be great fishing with the end being the hot spot.. Can't wait!
I have said it many times now, I can NOT wait to fish from it. lol.

Kenny

There's already a gang of BONERS hanging out there... We need to pay someone off for beach access... Shouldn't take more than a 200 spot....
That's a good sign but the post about the Leopard Grouper and other top predators, though young, hanging around the area is even better. There's a lot of, though tiny and some microscopic at this stag, life floating around in the currents every spring that are just looking for something to cling onto or hide under and they will find a home there. (food) Then as the diversity of small fish, crustations, mollusks and plant life grows and lives on and around those rock's,(food) it's just going to get better for bigger fish. Now if we can just keep the nets out.

Last edited:
That's a good sign but the post about the Leopard Grouper and other top predators, though young, hanging around the area is even better. There's a lot of, though microscopic at this stag, life floating around in the currents every spring they are just looking for something to cling onto or hide under and they will find a home there. (food) Then as the diversity of small fish, crustations, mollusks and plant life grows and lives on and around those rock's,(food) it's just going to get better for bigger fish. Now if we can just keep the nets out.
And a ship from parking on them.