How much would you spend for RaffleTickets to benefit the little deaf girl?

What is the maximum you would spend?

• $5

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • $10

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • $25

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • $50

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not interested in a Raffle

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Retired, same story girls, pretty as hell 60 % of them will make somebody a great wife, they get caught up in the fall in love with a loser plan, dont finish school, have a kid or two he leaves her, no child support, they try to work a normal job, the boss and his buddies try to screw her and apart not pay her anything, what else can they do? you gotta feel sorry for them. Next time you go give em a tip but no private dance. I hate that sh#t. I sold a house to some same sex females a couple years ago and they ask me to take them once in a while.

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Hey Brandon, sometimes it pays to do things free, I.E. when I had a lumberyard in south phoenix a black lady came and ordered some lumber and siding to enclose her carport. I told her I would have it ready the next day. So the next day we loaded her up and she came to the office to pay and I told her she didn't owe anything, she started crying, thanked me and went on her way, the next day at the gate there were 6 black gangsters all wearing something blue. they were south phoenix crips and scared the hell out of me. don don,bobo, trouble, earl and 2 more. to make a long story short they thanked me it was don dons mother he was the shot caller for S. Phoenix. Over the next couple months we got to know each other and I invited him to my house in San Felipe, deepsea fishing sand rails and quads completly changed him in 1999 he bought Fabiola and I each a BRAND NEW POLARIS QUAD. In 1998 I became a south phoenix crip but only by honor they didn't beat the sh#t out of me, been to their parties used them to destroy a neighbors house in RP that I posted about. I can still go to their neighbor hood in S. Phoenix and know I am protected.

Braden_909

Design & Marketing Gringo
I understand that Lagrimas, and that's a pretty neat story.

I am offering it free. I supply the design for free and send it to Joe and whatever he does with it after that is up to him but if he'd like, I may be able to get better prices on printing than he will find elsewhere, but there's no obligation or pressure or anything, I'm not making any money of this. I simply want to support it.

:)

I understand that Lagrimas, and that's a pretty neat story.

I am offering it free. I supply the design for free and send it to Joe and whatever he does with it after that is up to him but if he'd like, I may be able to get better prices on printing than he will find elsewhere, but there's no obligation or pressure or anything, I'm not making any money of this. I simply want to support it.

:)
Hey Braden, you've explained this enough so that a deaf man could understand it. You're a patient man. Oy vey, something tells me that for the foreseeable future you'll be getting condescending messages from people who don't get that you are offering your services FOR FREE. If these clowns are pissed because you don't also pay for printing out of your pocket, then let them stay pissed.

Roberto

JMHO, but the key to a successful fund raiser is to keep costs low, at zero preferrably. Up front costs should be avoided at all costs. The other thing is to keep is to keep the process simple.

A volunteer fund raiser raffle really turns the selling work of volunteers into money. You have to respect the time and effort of the volunteers by making the process easy for them. To make it successful people will have to be out there selling. I'm pretty sure the forum membership alone cannot generate enough sales directly to make a successful raffle. No sales, no money. Who is good at sales and committed to sell?

Don't pay for prizes unless you are completely convinced that the cost is justified in recovering the cost plus a lot more. Rob's condo rental is probably worth a raffle in itself if there is enough selling effort. Keep the ticket costs low, $5 is plenty and may stimulate some impulse buys or from 'arm twisting' friends, business associates and employees.

No need for fancy 4 color glossy tickets. I don't think they will stimulate sales. Anyone with a computer and printer can spit them out black and white, 2 1/8 by 8 1/2 ticket yields 5 per 8 1/2 by 11 page, no perf needed, just a dotted tear line, name address and phone number. You could farm out quantities to different members so no one is hit with a big ink cost. I'll do 10 pages, that's 50 tickets. Rob will do some, everyone with a printer can even do their own, including Happy. The artwork can be e-mailed and save the volunteer effort and cost of sending by mail. That way forum members outside of AZ or in remote areas like Kenny can print some out and maybe raise $50 or so. Don't think we have to worry about the worker bees stealing the money do we?

Although it has been pointed out to me that my personal knowledge and experience has no bearing on things, I've participated in fund raising events that turned volunteer labor into over $10K in one day.

Braden_909

Design & Marketing Gringo
JMHO, but the key to a successful fund raiser is to keep costs low, at zero preferrably. Up front costs should be avoided at all costs. The other thing is to keep is to keep the process simple.

A volunteer fund raiser raffle really turns the selling work of volunteers into money. You have to respect the time and effort of the volunteers by making the process easy for them. To make it successful people will have to be out there selling. I'm pretty sure the forum membership alone cannot generate enough sales directly to make a successful raffle. No sales, no money. Who is good at sales and committed to sell?

Don't pay for prizes unless you are completely convinced that the cost is justified in recovering the cost plus a lot more. Rob's condo rental is probably worth a raffle in itself if there is enough selling effort. Keep the ticket costs low, $5 is plenty and may stimulate some impulse buys or from 'arm twisting' friends, business associates and employees.

No need for fancy 4 color glossy tickets. I don't think they will stimulate sales. Anyone with a computer and printer can spit them out black and white, 2 1/8 by 8 1/2 ticket yields 5 per 8 1/2 by 11 page, no perf needed, just a dotted tear line, name address and phone number. You could farm out quantities to different members so no one is hit with a big ink cost. I'll do 10 pages, that's 50 tickets. Rob will do some, everyone with a printer can even do their own, including Happy. The artwork can be e-mailed and save the volunteer effort and cost of sending by mail. That way forum members outside of AZ or in remote areas like Kenny can print some out and maybe raise $50 or so. Don't think we have to worry about the worker bees stealing the money do we?

Although it has been pointed out to me that my personal knowledge and experience has no bearing on things, I've participated in fund raising events that turned volunteer labor into over $10K in one day.

Roberto,

You know exactly how this stuff works, and it is apparent that you know what's going on.

You've given the most helpful comment in this entire thread in my opinion and you've got a perfect idea for the printing. Youre a team player :)

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Donate,

So heres the dealio Happy jack. I will donate 100.00 to the little girls fund (count on it Joe) happy (in small letters) you contribute 200.00, 100.00 to match mine (doing something good) and the other 100.00 cause you are a jackass in need of care! (if you cant afford it I understand) (meds are expensive)
~ ~ ~ russy boy, $100.00, $200.00, you call that a DONATION ? ~ ~ ~ THAT'S PEANUTS !!!

so save the PEANUTS for the ``` "MONKEYS" ```

~ ~ ~ I've got a BETTER idea, ~ ~ ~ you russy BOY, Rosy GIRL, Mark, rocky, jeeper, Tyler, Stuart, and of course me, ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ Here it is, ~ ~ ~ we ALL put ~ ~ ~ $10,000.00 in the kitty, ~ ~ ~ thats $80,000.00

~ ~ ~ That should take care of more that one little girl, ! ! !

~ ~ ~ Mine part is sitting rite here in front of me on my desk, ~ ~ ~ I wouldn't make that offer unless I was READY TO HOP, ! ! !

~ ~ ~ I will handle the $$$ & open the escrow that these funds will be put into, ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ I'm sure you will understand if I don't trust you, ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ AND, if anyone here doesn't think that $10,000.00 each isn't enough, ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ NO PROBLEM ~ ~ ~ lets do $20,000.00 each, ~ ~ ~ I'll need 20 - minutes,

~ ~ ~ & to use YOUR words, ~ ~ ~ YOU as every one knows are the forum 'JACKASS ! ! !

~ ~ ~ Oh one more thing, you will have to pay for your "sick pills" ~ ~ ~ as I will NOT rob

~ ~ ~ or SCAM this charity out of ANY funds ! ! !

~ ~ ~ So lets DO IT ! ! !

playaperro

El Pirata
Hey Braden, you've explained this enough so that a deaf man could understand it. You're a patient man. Oy vey, something tells me that for the foreseeable future you'll be getting condescending messages from people who don't get that you are offering your services FOR FREE. If these clowns are pissed because you don't also pay for printing out of your pocket, then let them stay pissed.
Whats up with you? Seems to us you only come on here when you are upset which is most of the time. LMAO....

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I remember another "deal" where Happy was going to kiss the butt of Huerita's dog but reneged when he lost...credibility issues? :stir::stir::stir::stir:

w
~ ~ ~ russy boy, $100.00, $200.00, you call that a DONATION ? ~ ~ ~ THAT'S PEANUTS !!!

so save the PEANUTS for the ``` "MONKEYS" ```

~ ~ ~ I've got a BETTER idea, ~ ~ ~ you russy BOY, Rosy GIRL, Mark, rocky, jeeper, Tyler, Stuart, and of course me, ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ Here it is, ~ ~ ~ we ALL put ~ ~ ~ $10,000.00 in the kitty, ~ ~ ~ thats $80,000.00

~ ~ ~ That should take care of more that one little girl, ! ! !

~ ~ ~ Mine part is sitting rite here in front of me on my desk, ~ ~ ~ I wouldn't make that offer unless I was READY TO HOP, ! ! !

~ ~ ~ I will handle the $$$ & open the escrow that these funds will be put into, ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ I'm sure you will understand if I don't trust you, ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ AND, if anyone here doesn't think that $10,000.00 each isn't enough, ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ NO PROBLEM ~ ~ ~ lets do $20,000.00 each, ~ ~ ~ I'll need 20 - minutes,

~ ~ ~ & to use YOUR words, ~ ~ ~ YOU as every one knows are the forum 'JACKASS ! ! !

~ ~ ~ Oh one more thing, you will have to pay for your "sick pills" ~ ~ ~ as I will NOT rob

~ ~ ~ or SCAM this charity out of ANY funds ! ! !

~ ~ ~ So lets DO IT ! ! !

HAPPY

User is currently banned
I remember another "deal" where Happy was going to kiss the butt of Huerita's dog but reneged when he lost...credibility issues? :stir::stir::stir::stir:

w
~ ~ ~ $10,000.00, rite here in front of me baby, ~ ~ ~ you are invited to donate also, ~ ~ ~ that's now $90,000.00, and anyone else can join this party,

~ ~ ~ My friend I am serious, ~ ~ ~ Dead serious ! ! !

~ ~ ~ PS, if some of you don't have the funds on hand, ~ ~ ~ then you can always take a loan out on your house,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.