How was everyones weekend?

First I would like to say that our thoughts are with crait1 and his family. Hope everyone gets better soon.

I was wondering how everyone's experience was over the holiday? We are getting ready to head down on the 18th. When we talked to our guy at Seaside Reservations, he said they were at about 95% booked for the Holiday. But on the news last night, some people were saying it was pretty quiet, almost had the beach to themselves.
How was the weekend?

It was great...although very windy on Sat/Sun...not too many people getting in the water on the Mirador....I finally got in the water on Monday....if you were on Sandy Beach, you probably could have braved the water on the weekend! I stopped over at the Sonoran Sun and it was pretty busy on Sat. There seemed to be more people in town over on the Malecon. Had trouble finding a parking space, which hadn't been the case the previous 2 times down.

Didn't get shot or have my vehicle stolen!!!:stir::deadhorse:

........good to hear you were not shot. (I'll be tequila shot):cheers:
I think we are booked at Sonoran Sun. Love the location. Thanks for the update

Just some additional info....came back on Tues morning...about 10....no federale patrol cars in either direction...there was a checkpoint just as you came into Sonoyta (over the hill)....manned by federal, state and local police....they were checking cars in both directions....even looked in the back seat of my truck....but no problems whatsoever.

There were 3 lanes open at the border...with about 3 vehicles in front of me...took me about 5 minutes to go thru....

How was traffic on Monday????...the Border Wait Time website was reporting about a 15-20 minute wait all afternoon.

Good Info. I always get a little nervous when they start inspecting or asking questions. I am not hiding anything, they can just be a little intimidating. One year we got stopped at quazi checkpoint and the guy looked in and gave me a look and then said something in spanish and told my daughter to put on her seatbelt. Thought I was going to get a ticket.

Last edited:

mis2810

We left town yesterday at 6:30 p.m. There was no checkpoint just outside of Rocky Point like there was on the way in, but there was the checkpoint just before Sonoyta. We had a 5 minute wait at the border at 7:15 p.m.

Got to our house in west Phoenix at 10:10 p.m.

Aside from the wind it was a great weekend.

Thoughts and prayers to Crait and his family.

Rhino

Thanks for asking! I hit the border at around 3 PM Friday from Tuscon. Double lane with US guys just before the border just waved me on. However, I caught the red light so was pulled over on the Mexico side; officer asked me to open my tailgate, looked in and that was it. My wife and first time to RP friends arrived from Phoenix around 8 PM Friday with same experience: no hassles, no problems, no scary stuff at all. Weather was windy so couldn't do a couple of things planned like a cruise but more than made up for it with other frivolity and craziness. Spent much more time partying on Calle 13 and Old Port than ever before with -0- issues. We even parked one street off the Old Port "drag" and, unbelievably, didn't have my lifted F150 stolen! The only negative at all was the wind but we still tore around on the quads and Rhino and had a great time. Sunday at Bella Sirena with the band at SWIM and lots of people having fun was terrific. We left early Monday, no wait at the border and only the usual quick stop by our Border Patrol guys outside of Ajo, My apologies to the negative voices out there but those were the only incidences of negativity we experienced.

I have one word for you.......................FANF**KINGTASTIC:gradea: Thanks for asking!! It was such a great week. I just love RP more and more every time we come down!!! We got to see old friends, met people on here for the first time and made new friends all around............who could ask for more!!! (Thanks to our old friends who introduced us to new friends!!) To everyone we encountered during our stay, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! I just can't gush enough about how wonderful everybody is..........the business owners, the vacationers, the pigoen-coopers, the trailer trash, the vendors, the strange guy at Guiseppe's the other morning, the ............on and on........ And yes, I am cheerleading...........oh what the hell, can I be the head cheerleader?????????????:woo:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You are certainly cute enough to be head cheerleader!

I had a great time, too. Julie, you and Bruce were the perfect hosts. I just want to hurry and get settled and have a great big welcome home party at Smuggler's Cove.

Thanks Chari!! Can't wait to do some dancin'..............I was certainly getting the itch when I was up there the other day, LOL!! And the cool part is, is that I don't have to duck much going up and down the stairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and, you have insurance just in case.................:party:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yea, I don't know what I'm going to do with that staircase. Maybe we can cut a piece out so anyone taller than you doesn't lose their teeth! I know I'll probably forget and whack my forehead!

That's okay............we'll be back August 6th for a "shortie" vacation. Down on Friday, back on Sunday...........but anything's better than nothing, right??

Thanks so much for all the positive comments...Glad to hear everyone had a great weekend. So is anybody heading down the week of the 18th-23rd?