Info on Texas gulf fishing

RoadKill

1 Iron
You planning on chartering or bringing your own?
The Blue Fin is one of the best "party boats" in the state and leaves out of Freeport.
Captain Josh runs it, I believe.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Hey Beetle..........

Gulf? Gulf of California or Gulf of Mexico?

A lot of coast line, towns and states for either option!

Not to mention the closest salt water to Arlington is more than 300 miles.

JJ

RoadKill

1 Iron
Hey Beetle..........

Gulf? Gulf of California or Gulf of Mexico?

A lot of coast line, towns and states for either option!

Not to mention the closest salt water to Arlington is more than 300 miles.

JJ
Jim, would you happen to be a member at "dos frios" also?

Kiter

Some of the inshore fishing in the intercoastal is fantastic. Redfish, speckled trout, flounder and black drum are fairly abundant in the 1 - 5 pound range, with some going 10+. There are literally hundreds of miles of inshore fishing in and around Corpus Christi. You can wade fish, kayak fish or boat fish.

Kiter

Also, need some forum help - after coming from south Texas, I finally had the opportunity to go kayak fishing last weekend. Got, what I think were a couple of small Pintos. It's always nice to have a fish on your line, but I was thinking that I would sure like something to hit nd pull some line - i.e. a bigger fish. Well I got my wish, something hit my line, apparently my drag was not quite loose enough, half my pole was underwater, and I was wondering what in the heck I had on my line until it broke my 12 pound test line. I am realizing I might need some bigger gear to play with grouper. Most of my fishing will be within a mile of shore, in Playa Encanto or the estuary. I don't want to spend a fortune on a new setup, because I generally don't take the best care of them. What do I need for line size, pole and reel?

RoadKill

1 Iron
Also, need some forum help - after coming from south Texas, I finally had the opportunity to go kayak fishing last weekend. Got, what I think were a couple of small Pintos. It's always nice to have a fish on your line, but I was thinking that I would sure like something to hit nd pull some line - i.e. a bigger fish. Well I got my wish, something hit my line, apparently my drag was not quite loose enough, half my pole was underwater, and I was wondering what in the heck I had on my line until it broke my 12 pound test line. I am realizing I might need some bigger gear to play with grouper. Most of my fishing will be within a mile of shore, in Playa Encanto or the estuary. I don't want to spend a fortune on a new setup, because I generally don't take the best care of them. What do I need for line size, pole and reel?
Conventional or egg beater?

Ryan H.

Landing Mat
Flounder are all in the shallows for gigging, my last trip plenty of potato chips (small ones) but nothing of any size, but man oh man where the small ones thick. Trout are ok inshore, Reds are hitting decent but not much size. Offshore, well I haven't been offshore in a while. Go to 2coolfishing.com for local reports, they post them daily. If you are going to be in Okie City at all around lunch on your trip PM me and we can grab lunch.

RJTaylor

In Band Camp, I put a Tavor up my pussy.
What months? It's been a washing machine on steroids out there lately?

RJTaylor

In Band Camp, I put a Tavor up my pussy.
We cap out on PINS about once a year.
Been, at least, 25 years since I've seen SPI. Need to bring the wife and kiddos down soon .
Gimme a shout, and I can get you up to speed. A lot has changed. LOL!