Join our facebook group!

Roberto

Well Known Member
This forum is far superior to Facebook to find and share information. Information from here does not appear on Facebook. For me Facebook is a jumble of messages, many of which are mindless chatter. It was designed for adolescents to play with each other not share information. additionally it's infested with bots and false information. Here you can post a question and get a direct answer almost always from a person experienced with visiting and or living in Penasco for many years. If someone posts crap they will get called on it. You will not see one big purple squares with one word in the middle. Messages and responses follow in a linear manner not like flyspecks on the wall. additionally there are some large number of Facebook pages for Penasco. More flyspecks.... Yes get all your friends to share information and questions on Rocky Point talk Forum and socialize with bar talk on Facbook.

Last edited:

Roberto

Well Known Member
Welcome aboard Diver. we need all the new blood we can get. I hope you are an old timer visitor or resident to Penasco.

Ocean Diver

Thankyou for the welcome Roberto, I've been in the back ground for awhile watching wondering if I would be attacked for being a newbe as others have been, but I've seen that it's not as bad as it once was.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
So what's to keep them from signing up under a new name and troll away?
Their IP address. Easy enough to see what names are connected to a given IP address. Ban the IP address, they can't connect to the forum. While there are some ways around that (going out to public wifi and creating a new name) you still won't be able to connect from your home computer or wifi. And who really wants to sit in McDonald's or Starbucks all day just to troll?

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
O.K. I need your positive mexico stories to help convince my nervous relatives from Chicago to come to Miramar in April. Not much positive in their news so they are nervous nellies with three little kids. Your kind words would help.

richwi

Well Known Member
I am not much on stories but I will say this. We have 14 grandkids and they and my wife are the most precious things in the world to me (my kids...not so much). I would NEVER take them anywhere that I didn't feel was safe. Our home is here and we bring them down as often as we can. Mexico, and particularly Rocky Point, is very safe for Americans. Approximately 35 million Americans visited Mexico in 2018. Of those there there were 67 murders. About half of those murders were committed my other Americans. This is a 10 times lower murder rate than Gilbert AZ. I truly understand why people are nervous about coming to Mexico. Bad stuff happens here, just not very often to Americans.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Hey Relatives get your azz down here it’s awesome and safe. This message comes from the GREAT WHITE NORTH unfortunately. Back in March to put another 700 miles on the RZR.

cholla

Well Known Member
Their IP address. Easy enough to see what names are connected to a given IP address. Ban the IP address, they can't connect to the forum. While there are some ways around that (going out to public wifi and creating a new name) you still won't be able to connect from your home computer or wifi. And who really wants to sit in McDonald's or Starbucks all day just to troll?
happy

girlfran

O.K. I need your positive mexico stories to help convince my nervous relatives from Chicago to come to Miramar in April. Not much positive in their news so they are nervous nellies with three little kids. Your kind words would help.
Well I'm a 65 year old female that drives back and forth by myself. I rented for the whole winter season. I don't have to arm myself to go about my daily business. Chicago ? that's priceless.

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
We have 5 children and have been taking them since they were toddlers or babies. We even have an experience in which my youngest who was 5 at the time fell from dizziness (a condition she dealt with at the time that has zero to do with Mexico) hit her head on a wall and was bleeding to the point we were a bit concerned she may need stitches. We drove her to the San Jose clinic and let me tell you , the experience we had was comparable to any care we would have received in the USA , actually probably a bit better in some ways as a small pharmacy was onsite so we didn’t even have to do the run around just to fill a script like you do here , and obviously the cost was way better than anything we would have had to pay here even with insurance , they were so kind to her , cleaned her up , gave appropriate prescriptions for pain, infection prevention and wound cleaning , had us out within 1 hour and including prescriptions and urgent care visit $40. Of course it’s not a big fancy hospital like back home, many things in Mexico aren’t as “fancy” or “appealing to the natural eye” but me and my family enjoy the focus on family , relaxing , great food , music , culture and of course the people in RP wayyyyyyyy more than we mind the sandy streets, unfinished buildings and other minor irritants that us very spoiled USA citizens are used to back home. They will have a blast as long as common sense is used and rules are followed . Look forward to hearing about the sun and fun

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
This is all very good info for people that are skeptical about coming but they're not going to find it! I just happened to stumble upon it. This needs it's own thread.?? Buy the way, we took our first trip to RP in 98 and the kids were 8 & 15, we have being going ever since. Even through all the negative publicity. As stated, don't do anything you wouldn't do in the states.

TICO-T

Well Known Member
I have been going to RP since 1975 and the worst thing I ever encountered was a nail in my tire as I was leaving for Arizona. Cost me me $6.45 to fix. Come on down people this is a beautiful and safe place to drive to and stay in.