Just wondering

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Yuck, Bill! You and Stuart are making me sick! LOL!
I wasn't kidding about the octopus. Some of the best I've had was in San Carlos cooked with guajillo (sp?) peppers. Done right, it's soft and has a great taste. Done wrong, it's like chewing a rubber band. In Italy, I've eaten baby octopus where you just pop the whole thing in your mouth and eat it. Those were great, too! Not much different from calamari.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
..................Do all the can goods in Mexico, look and taste different than the can goods in the US? They both seem to be the same price.
Keep in mind that 80% of all products in USA have gmo's (genetically modified organism?) which also alters the taste of the item/product you are using/eating, although Mexico might also use this process is not as widely spread as it is in USA. Six countries in Europe have ban the use of GMO products for human consumption.
In other words, as it has been mention before, your taste buds are used to fake/plastic food and when you taste real, or closer to real food it does register as bad/odd tasting and that applies to can goods or not, then again this is not my scientific study (it is someone elses), just my 5 dollars!!(2 cents no longer apply!!!)

azfish

Keep in mind that 80% of all products in USA have gmo's (genetically modified organism?) which also alters the taste of the item/product you are using/eating, although Mexico might also use this process is not as widely spread as it is in USA. Six countries in Europe have ban the use of GMO products for human consumption.
In other words, as it has been mention before, your taste buds are used to fake/plastic food and when you taste real, or closer to real food it does register as bad/odd tasting and that applies to can goods or not, then again this is not my scientific study (it is someone elses), just my 5 dollars!!(2 cents no longer apply!!!)

I wish someone would explain this to my rear end, so it can stop going off. Its been 4 days since I ate the great can food, which is suppose to be so better then the US. When the peas are tough like leather and the mushrooms are slimy, that tells me now that they are bad.

I recommend buy fresh veg. and fruit dont buy can goods.

I think part of the taste difference is lack of salt.. Americans use way too much..I find the food quality is fine in most products..Just different..

jerry

I think part of the taste difference is lack of salt.. Americans use way too much..I find the food quality is fine in most products..Just different..
You have to really watch your sources of food down here.No epa,health dept. inspections (except the big farms that export)...melons and green onions from small providers are a real risk if you have not seen the operation, on the other hand if you get to visit the farms and orchards it is a blast.We pick our own grapes,oranges, asparagus,watermelons,potatoes and olives down here near Santo Tomas.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I wish someone would explain this to my rear end, so it can stop going off. Its been 4 days since I ate the great can food, which is suppose to be so better then the US. When the peas are tough like leather and the mushrooms are slimy, that tells me now that they are bad.

I recommend buy fresh veg. and fruit dont buy can goods.
Sorry azfish, I am not a very good person to ask when it comes to canned food, specially vegetables, I never use them (canned vegetables, no matter where you go in the world they are the worst), I rather use fresh, specially in Mexico, however it is common sense that when it looks bad and it taste bad it is definitely bad!! so next time just buy fresh or frozen!

azfish

Sorry azfish, I am not a very good person to ask when it comes to canned food, specially vegetables, I never use them (canned vegetables, no matter where you go in the world they are the worst), I rather use fresh, specially in Mexico, however it is common sense that when it looks bad and it taste bad it is definitely bad!! so next time just buy fresh or frozen!

I know this, now.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
P1010161.jpgP1010163.jpg
Gaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! I barf at the thought of putting one of those slime slingers anywhere near my mouth! But hey, octopus is yummy! :rofl:
Octopus platter for you Lady jeeper, I hope this gets a double arrgh out of you, he was as delicious as he looks. Sorry for the extra picture, anyway thats Fabi on the right, her sister and niece. She looks delicious too.

Attachments

Octopus platter for you Lady jeeper, I hope this gets a double arrgh out of you, he was as delicious as he looks. Sorry for the extra picture, anyway thats Fabi on the right, her sister and niece. She looks delicious too.
Bill.....how did an old fart like you get such a fantastic looking lady????

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Bill.....how did an old fart like you get such a fantastic looking lady????
Opposites attract, I really got lucky. She is also a great fork lift operator, she was the one that loaded the trucks when we had the lumberyard, while I stayed in the office with my feet on the desk.

Last edited:

Roberto

Opposites attract, I really got lucky. She is also a great fork lift operator, she was the one that loaded the trucks when we had the lumberyard, while I stayed in the office with my feet on the desk.

She's gotta be tough and savvy to keep you under control !!!