Kids under 16 - require passport card

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
When they leave you to chicken peck stuff in their computer they are putting info in about your attitude at the time of crossing, I know this as I have had it come to bite me in the past - yes they have to let you in to your country of birth, it is part of the constitution, but they can get very nasty.
My wife was detained for over a half an hour simply because she is a gringa but drives a Sonoran plated vehicle. They pulled her aside and made her sit in a detention room while they took her jeep apart (not literally) I called her to see how things were going and she started to tell me when I heard the supervisor yell at her to put the phone away, no phone calls.
Point of the story is to just get thru that line and keep moving these guys are unpredictable in their motives and actions. Most of the time its ok, sometimes its unbearable......I would hate to have their job I think it stinks.

Terry C

Why even stirl the pot with them . Get your passport or whatever and help move the line along. Maybe no line this time but next time might be a long one. Answer the questions and say thanks for what you do and go on. It's always a test to see what line might be the fastest. Win some loose some.

1MoKast

When they leave you to chicken peck stuff in their computer they are putting info in about your attitude at the time of crossing, I know this as I have had it come to bite me in the past - yes they have to let you in to your country of birth, it is part of the constitution, but they can get very nasty.
My wife was detained for over a half an hour simply because she is a gringa but drives a Sonoran plated ve
hicle. They pulled her aside and made her sit in a detention room while they took her jeep apart (not literally) I called her to see how things were going and she started to tell me when I heard the supervisor yell at her to put the phone away, no phone calls.
Point of the story is to just get thru that line and keep moving these guys are unpredictable in their motives and actions.
Most of the time its ok, sometimes its unbearable......I would hate to have their job I think it stinks.
I appreciate the input - I figured he was either doing that or seeing if I had any parking tickets, overdue library books or anything else out of the ordinary thAt could be an issue to detain me beyond my original questions. For the record I was polite in my questions although I seemed to have irritated a much more important authority - my wife. Were getting passports in the next few weeks for some upcoming unrelated travel so all should be good for our trip in September - unless his notes come back to haunt me...guess I'll find out soon enough

1MoKast

Why even stirl the pot with them . Get your passport or whatever and help move the line along. Maybe no line this time but next time might be a long one. Answer the questions and say thanks for what you do and go on. It's always a test to see what line might be the fastest. Win some loose some.
My biggest issue is the way the law is written. It favors the young and sets in place additional hurdles for older people who are all looking to do the same thing - return to their country of origin. Imagine the uproar if the cut-off was 66 instead of 16. It would have made more sense to just require passports for everyone - then it would be fair for everyone.