Killing in RP this past Friday????

BIG MAC

I was reading the Rocky Point Rally forum in preparation for the upcoming May "Fun Run" and found a reply from "Mr. Cantina" talking about a shooting this past Friday and was wondering if anyone has info about this?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Narco shooting. I posted about it in the "Watch Your Trucks Closely- Part II" thread.

I have not seen any official reports or details anywhere else, only have eyewitness account. Just outside of town, a Dodge Durango was attacked. The driver was shot and lost control, ran off the road and flipped the vehicle multiple times. Both occupants were dead. Scene was surrounded by cop cars and police tape, military was heading up the road to secure the scene as mi amigo passed by this on Friday. That's about as much as anybody knows about it at this point.

While tragic, this goes on everywhere, look what happend in Tucson, I have been going to Rocky Point since 1972 and have never expierenced and thing bad, I just watch where I go and behave myself, most of the time, the only people paying for this is the locals, between the economy and the publicity its killing RP, I hope the warmer weather brings back some of the tourist, how many trucks do they steal in Phoenix on any given day

It ironic but there was a couple more found Friday out toward the oyster farms.
Ouch....I've been out to the oyster farms several times, and was planning on doing some exploring down that way one of my trips. Bill...do you know if it was just a dump of the bodies or the actual killing took place there?

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Joe the article said they were tortured by hanging and the shot a couple times, I assume it was out of town at the site. It was on the front page of El Imparcial Saturday Morning.

Kenny

It's a great place to explore Joe, but there are two things to be aware of. That area across from the peninsula that Encanto and La Jolla sits on, and across from the old Marua estuary club is a federal bird sanctuary, and off limits to vehicles of any kind. Another thing to be aware of is that after a big tide some of the areas that look firm and just damp are like a mud bog, and are not what they appear to be.
That was a area I explored years ago, when just about the only houses out that way were at the club. I think that way back when, at one time or another, I must have taken every road and path cutting back toward the sea all the way to the checkpoint. Years ago I didn't read about, nor was I told about the Marua, or La Pinta estuary's, I found them heading out looking for one more fishing hole, and a place to get away.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Ouch....I've been out to the oyster farms several times, and was planning on doing some exploring down that way one of my trips. Bill...do you know if it was just a dump of the bodies or the actual killing took place there?
Heres what I found out at the Oyster farm on Saturday

DSCN3065.jpg

25 bodies plus their guides all in all 27 bodies, 2 big white vans, about 100 oysters taken against their will and many beers consumed in the sunshine. Somehow we all made it back alive......

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Then to top that off we had to go to Cholla Bay and relate the whole sordid story in all of its detail to Jose at JJ's
DSCN3080.jpg

But Jose told us everything would be alright, settle down a bit and to go inside and have a beer with the other (unknown number actually) or so people who happened to be there obviously scared for their life.....

Last edited:
Then to top that off we had to go to Cholla Bay and relate the whole sordid story in all of its detail to Jose at JJ's
View attachment 2097

But Jose told us everything would be alright, settle down a bit and to go inside and have a beer with the other 75 or so people who happened to be there obviously scared for their life.....
Now...now....Russ.....a little exaggeration on your part???? :aagh:

I've been to the oyster farms a few times....survived the trip! Been to Caborca, and even to Puerto Lobos (see the photos from Thanksgiving)....with bunch of other Forum members....we survived that trip! I think I've posted enough on here to make my feelings known about the "ostrich" types that poo-poo cartel violence:eek:strich::deadhorse:, but have also indicated that I still feel safe going down to Penasco!!!:sharks:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Now...now....Russ.....a little exaggeration on your part???? :aagh:

I've been to the oyster farms a few times....survived the trip! Been to Caborca, and even to Puerto Lobos (see the photos from Thanksgiving)....with bunch of other Forum members....we survived that trip! I think I've posted enough on here to make my feelings known about the "ostrich" types that poo-poo cartel violence:eek:strich::deadhorse:, but have also indicated that I still feel safe going down to Penasco!!!:sharks:
No Ostriches here and certainly no poo poo, just context. JJ's was packed and we ate a lot of oysters so I am trying to figure out where I exaggerated.... not that it matters we all still had fun, By the way your use of avatars is cute and very expressive.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Do they still let you smoke in JJ's and how much is a beer these days?
NO Smoking anywhere except on the back patio outside of the covered area and I dont know how much beer is there as I dont pay for mine when I bring groups in. Probably about 2.50 each.....

playaperro

El Pirata
Thanks Russ, Have they hired a lesbian bartender? I read on someone's Facebook they had or should I apply the 30 40 50 rule!

No Ostriches here and certainly no poo poo, just context. JJ's was packed and we ate a lot of oysters so I am trying to figure out where I exaggerated.... not that it matters we all still had fun, By the way your use of avatars is cute and very expressive.
Russ....the only reason I responded to your posts was because you were drawing me in to them when you quoted me.....

jerry

Well I'm still not worried yet but a recent arrest in AP may blow the whole border up ..cross your fingers

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Any particular reason you brought this OLD thread from April back to life, Art? Just curious.