Labor Day Fishing

B

bwitry

Is anyone braving the hurricane and attempting to fish this Friday through next Tuesday?

:eek3:

Am I to assume that all of the sunset cruises will be shelved this weekend, if Jimena reaches Penasco on Saturday as predicted?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
You can assume that the harbor master will probably shut down the port Friday afternoon if the current predicted track holds true.

A few years ago I was riding my jetskis with my daughter when the red flag was flying....I didn't know that meant that the port was closed....and nobody told us! There were several people around...but nobody seemed to care. It was some wild riding outside of the harbor!!! I did that again out at Cholla Bay when I was testing out another ski for some races...but this time, one of fisherman almost had a hissy fit that I was riding in the bay.

Is the current harbormaster more "strict" then the previous one?

Last edited:
A few years ago I was riding my jetskis with my daughter when the red flag was flying....I didn't know that meant that the port was closed....and nobody told us! There were several people around...but nobody seemed to care. It was some wild riding outside of the harbor!!!
I love going out on my kayak on those red flag days... big waves are cool...

B

bwitry

Fishing this Weekend . . .

Yes, we'll fish Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. A picture of our baot is attached. Say "hi" if you see us at 16 mile reef.

Attachments

bwitry
Hey tell me about your C Dory. I looked at the site and they look awsom. I love that type of cabin and the fuel economy looks fantastic. How is it in rough water ? Are the decks self bailing ? The 22 ft angler looks like something I would love to have.