Labor Day roll call

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ok gang,
Who all is gonna be down? I'd love to meet some more of you! I am coming Sat. morning and leaving Tuesday. I still have a lot of work to do on the trailer but can be convinced to leave it for a while! LOL!

Mark, I'll be stopping at your casa first to drop off the toys. They fill the Jeep completely to the top and I have the back seat out! I don't know where I'm gonna put my stuff! LOL

I can't wait........

Not gonna make it.....have about 3000 miles of driving to do over the weekend...moving some stuff for my daughter.....but planning on coming down the middle of Sept.:cruisin::aagh:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Cool. I'd love to meet you two!

Mark,
Do you want me to leave the toys with you Sat. when I arrive (noonish) or take them to PDO and store them in my shed? Whatever is easier for you!

Chari you can stop by if it's easier for you... I can do all the unpacking here so it will be less for you to do when you get here... I'm sure you'll be ready to relax after the drive down... =]

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Mark,
I got the load smalled down into one large plastic bin, 2 woven bags full, 1 gigantic garbage (lawn and leaf) bag, a dry erase board and a fold up stroller. It barely fits. I will have to put my stuff on the front seat! LOL! I hope I can see out my passenger mirror! So unloading won't be an issue but sorting will. I noticed when I picked the stuff up that there were Mr. Potato Head parts in 2 of the bags and the bin. Then, I further muddled the waters by putting all the loose stuff in a garbage bag without looking where it went. I'll help ya' sort, Mr. Rum and Coke can wait! LOL!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
And Joe, if you have 3000 miles to drive over the weekend, you better get going. The best I ever did was 1800 in 30 hours. I took a one hour nap in Oklahoma. That was brutal and I was 30. I can't imagine trying to do that now.......

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
What chu talkin' about, Willis? Mr. Rum and Coke can wait for me to get the kids' toys ready! A lot of us will be down Columbus Day weekend. I think we can have a birthday party for you then. 25, are you freakin' kidding me? Don't I wish......

And Joe, if you have 3000 miles to drive over the weekend, you better get going. The best I ever did was 1800 in 30 hours. I took a one hour nap in Oklahoma. That was brutal and I was 30. I can't imagine trying to do that now.......
2 days up...1 day to unload/recover...2 days back.....then a whole week to REALLY recover!!!

Back "in the good ole days"....I used to drive from NY to the Florida Keys....about 1500 miles in 21-22 hours....non-stop....well maybe a half hour snooze at a truck stop.....and that was when the "speed limit" was 55......:rofl:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
:rofl:Well then, I'm 29. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:eek:strich::puff:

Last edited: