Laguna Shores

Where exactly is Laguna Shores? Their map on the website leaves something to be desired. They have a deal for 4 nights, 1/2 day fishing trip, and spa massage for $106.00 US. You just have to listen to their timeshare bs. I have a 4 year old who can interupt anything. Might as well give it a try if its not to far from town.

It's NE of town, beach is ok, but at low tide the water goes out for 2 miles, Not my idea of fun.
If you want better beaches, Just go south and the beaches and water get really nice. Just north of the Mayan is good, but check out the property for ownership issues.
Santo Tomas is really nice, but it's location is a ways out there. But really nice.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
As you are getting into town turn right/west on the intersection, as if you are going to El Golfo de Santa Clara then just follow the signs, I believe it is the first development in that area! or you can take the new short cut from Sandy Beach if you are already in town, just turn left/west at the intersection with the Golfo highway.

MIRAMAR

Just north of the Mayan is good, but check out the property for ownership issues.
FYI: the homes on the beachfront in Playa Miramar (just west of the Mayan) all have Fideicomisos- Bank Trusts, so there are no ownership issues.

Last edited:
That sounds a little to far out of town for us. Thanks everyone! We like to be able to go to the Fish Market or out to eat whenever the mood strikes us. Wahoo your probably right. There is probably some catch other then the "tour" you are required to take.

marybna

I own a lot out there. It is kind of a fun places for kids. The pool is great and they have all kinds of activities. It is not a time share. Some of the condo are nice the restuarant used to be good.

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
Where exactly is Laguna Shores? Their map on the website leaves something to be desired. They have a deal for 4 nights, 1/2 day fishing trip, and spa massage for $106.00 US. You just have to listen to their timeshare bs. I have a 4 year old who can interupt anything. Might as well give it a try if its not to far from town.
funinhesun -- Just curious, where did you find this deal?

AZJD

I stayed there a few months ago on a DealChicken promo. It's north of Cholla bay by black mountain. Cool development with a lot of potential, but you can tell they are hurting for cash. The tide goes out for literally 2 miles so dont count on any beach time.

We had to leave Laguna every day to go to The Reef area to get beach time.

We were promised a few things in our promo.....bottle of wine, sunset dinner for two....and we did not receive anything. We were put up in a 1 bedroom condo on the very back end of the development and far away from the clubhouse, pool, restaurant.

Needless to say, I probably won't ever stay there again. I just prefer the Sandy Beach condos. But if you are looking for a quiet, isolated place with nothing around then Laguna is your place to be.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'd rather sit and listen to Kenny and Jerry for 12 hours straight than go to a condo/timeshare/vacation home sales pitch. That should tell you everything you need to know. And my tolerance for pain!

:puff:

jerry

Funny you should think of me in that context as i am considering taking a job as a Time share saleman who adds political commentary when needed..."Yes We Can' buy a overpriced timeshare!!
I'd rather sit and listen to Kenny and Jerry for 12 hours straight than go to a condo/timeshare/vacation home sales pitch. That should tell you everything you need to know. And my tolerance for pain!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Funny you should think of me in that context as i am considering taking a job as a Time share saleman who adds political commentary when needed..."Yes We Can' buy a overpriced timeshare!!
God help us all... :rofl:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

I forgot, intellect isn't a quality trait anymore. Ive had some great conversations with both of those guys about relevant contemporary issues not what happened on CSI New York last week...

AZJD

Fish & Stay with Spa Treatment

The 1 BR units are 500 yards from the beach....the 2 BR units are "less than" 100 yards....per the ad....doesn't say anything about having to listen to a sales pitch....

The 1 BR units are 500 yards from a beach but not the ammenities of the resort.... they are also like a 7 minute walk from the beach to the main clubhouse/pool/restaurant area. They are so far that you have to drive there and Laguna staff meets you there on a ATV to unlock the place. Not being a debbie downer it's just the facts.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
ok, now you sound like his bitter ex girlfriend. we got the point after 1 or 2 posts regarding this man.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Hey, I heard a rumor that Micheal Kline went to prison in New York for mail fraud... is that true...?