Las Palomas Owners Unite!

P

playa

I had created a thread to call all owners that have been subjected to the corruption of the Las Palomas HOA, and their evil twin Operadora. Despite my efforts, the thread disappeared after I was automatically logged out. Maldito forum!

Ultimately, I will stand firm in my claim that Las Palomas is indeed trying to take as much $ from your investment as possible. Even when the HOA acknowledged that there were no legitimate issues with our type of rental situation, they wanted us to pay off Operadora so that they wouldn't cause a fuss. They have mismanaged the owners' funds. They have rented your properties and pocketed the money. I was there recently and the entire property had about 30 people present, staff included. The Sushi place that reads "Opening Soon" has been making this claim for a while now. Keep waiting, it won't happen.

We don't have a leg to stand on if we haven't tried to fight the fight. Anyone from the HOA will make claims that all of this is kosher, that Las Palomas is improving their situation. HOA owners who do this might also be receiving perks from the HOA- something I have heard but have not officially validated.

So let's unite and pool our resources. Don't sit idly by as your investment crumbles into oblivion.

Roberto

You should get a list of the members of your HOA and send them all messages. I think very few are on this forum.

You will have to have hard evidence, what do you have?

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Ha Ha Ha, you guys are so funny! Unite...pool resources...ha ha ha ha ha!

This is how it really works: One homeowner gets in to a bad situation and asks for help. The HOA says, not our problem...the majority of homeowners say "we're gonna wait and see who wins and then we will be on their side." Heads get buried in the sand, people's real characters, or lack thereof, rear their ugly heads and most go into saving themselves mode. You will only get unification if you prove up front that you will win, and that they will somehow benefit from it.

On the upside, you will discover once and for all who your REAL friends are. Just saying. But hey, thanks for the entertainment! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Sheryl...yeah, this thread is hilarious!

I hate HOA's! I don't live in an HOA! If I was ever stupid enough to buy a property in an HOA, I would make sure to get on the board! But at least in the US you have some legal recourse if the individual has been wronged by the HOA. From recent rulings, I'm seeing individuals taking their rights back from the HOA's.

In Mexico???? Legal recourse????:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

I'm sure that anyone who has followed your trials and tribulations would be able to come to some interesting conclusions concerning Mexican legal recourse. I think the owners in Las Palomas could also comment on what kind of legal recourse they really have!!! (and I'm not talking about the dry heat's of the world!).

az-dan

People are frustrated, their investments are at risk, they are trying to protect what they have and have worked hard to get. How can anyone think that this funny? Some people I guess get off on other people’s misery.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
People are frustrated, their investments are at risk, they are trying to protect what they have and have worked hard to get. How can anyone think that this funny? Some people I guess get off on other people’s misery.
What exact charges are you looking to bring up (please be as specific as possible)?
which entity are you upset with (HOA, Developer, Rental company, Builder, Bank that placed liens on property)?
The HOA will eventually be controlled by the owners (like many other resorts in Mexico). hopefully within the next few months.
If you want to sue the developer as a class action, I suggest you collect $500 - $1000 per owner for legal fee's.
Your rant is all over the place and needs clarification, please advise...
"I will stand firm in my claim that Las Palomas is indeed trying to take as much $ from your investment as possible." (the HOA, the developer, the rental company... who?) (how are they taking money from your investment?)
"Even when the HOA acknowledged that there were no legitimate issues with our type of rental situation, they wanted us to pay off Operadora so that they wouldn't cause a fuss. They have mismanaged the owners' funds. They have rented your properties and pocketed the money." (I am lost with the comment regarding the HOA acknowledgement) (pay off Operadora????) (is the rental operator paying back owners or given owners the opportunity to make the money back??)
"I was there recently and the entire property had about 30 people present, staff included." (the rental operator or the HOA???) (what is your point???)
"The Sushi place that reads "Opening Soon" has been making this claim for a while now. Keep waiting, it won't happen." (so you are upset that the space has not been developed???) (what is your point???) (should US developments also take down signs for future development even if it is 10 years into the future???)
"HOA owners who do this might also be receiving perks from the HOA- something I have heard but have not officially validated." (please give us a hint as to what amazing perks some have received)
"So let's unite and pool our resources. Don't sit idly by as your investment crumbles into oblivion." (you have passion, but you are all over the place and need to direct your thoughts so as to get people behind your movement)

Dan...the matter at Las Palomas has been going for quite some time...I doubt very much that the owners uniting will accomplish anything.....there is outside Mexican control of the resort from what I understand. There have been multiple threads on here about the situation.

I don't "get off" on others misery, and I'm pretty sure that neither does Sheryl. She and her family have been going through their own version of hell trying to get their property back. A friend of mine lives full time in Las Palomas and the only good point is that he does not depend on the rental money!

My point is that this is Mexico...not the US.....big difference! That is what makes the matter "funny" or "hilarious"....that someone really thinks that activity that will accomplish something in the US will work the same way in Mexico! Oh, and I was also anticipating the usual responses from dry heat.....

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I agree Joe,
the legal system, HOA's, property development, levels of corruption all vary from country to country. what we are used to in the US is different from Mexico. If you approach a property issue the same way you normally would in the states, you are in for a rude and expensive reality (Unfortunately I learned this on a few occassions outside of the US).

A good way to see how other countries work is to watch the show "locked up abroad".

Dan...the matter at Las Palomas has been going for quite some time...I doubt very much that the owners uniting will accomplish anything.....there is outside Mexican control of the resort from what I understand. There have been multiple threads on here about the situation.

I don't "get off" on others misery, and I'm pretty sure that neither does Sheryl. She and her family have been going through their own version of hell trying to get their property back. A friend of mine lives full time in Las Palomas and the only good point is that he does not depend on the rental money!

My point is that this is Mexico...not the US.....big difference! That is what makes the matter "funny" or "hilarious"....that someone really thinks that activity that will accomplish something in the US will work the same way in Mexico! Oh, and I was also anticipating the usual responses from dry heat.....

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
It's irony, Dan. Try expanding your vocabulary before you judge people. RPJ is correct. None of us want to see anybody else hurt, but we have experienced the so-called unity of certain people and HOA's. We were told, didn't believe it, then found it to be true. One of those "life lessons" that just keep coming.

. a form of humor in which you use words to express the opposite of what the words really mean “You’ve been so kind,” she said, her voice heavy with irony. 
a touch/trace/hint of irony: His writing contains a cheerful touch of irony.
 Thesaurus entry for this meaning of irony 

. a strange, funny, or sad situation in which things happen in the opposite way to what you would expecttragic/bitter/cruel irony: By a cruel irony, General Franklin was killed at the very moment of his army’s great victory.
the irony (of something) is that: The irony is that it would have been faster to have taken the back roads after all.
 Thesaurus entry for this meaning of irony

R

reportjones

Chill out Dry Heat. You always take so much exception to anyone who says anything negative about LP. The place is a mess and it is only going to get worse. You know it, I know it and everyone else knows it. All you have to do is drive within ten miles of the place and see what a disaster it is. Vacant, half-built buildings everywhere. It is the biggest eyesore in all of Penasco. Who are you and why are you living with such blinders on?

ernesto

What exact charges are you looking to bring up (please be as specific as possible)?
which entity are you upset with (HOA, Developer, Rental company, Builder, Bank that placed liens on property)?
The HOA will eventually be controlled by the owners (like many other resorts in Mexico). hopefully within the next few months.
If you want to sue the developer as a class action, I suggest you collect $500 - $1000 per owner for legal fee's.
Your rant is all over the place and needs clarification, please advise...
"I will stand firm in my claim that Las Palomas is indeed trying to take as much $ from your investment as possible." (the HOA, the developer, the rental company... who?) (how are they taking money from your investment?)
"Even when the HOA acknowledged that there were no legitimate issues with our type of rental situation, they wanted us to pay off Operadora so that they wouldn't cause a fuss. They have mismanaged the owners' funds. They have rented your properties and pocketed the money." (I am lost with the comment regarding the HOA acknowledgement) (pay off Operadora????) (is the rental operator paying back owners or given owners the opportunity to make the money back??)
"I was there recently and the entire property had about 30 people present, staff included." (the rental operator or the HOA???) (what is your point???)
"The Sushi place that reads "Opening Soon" has been making this claim for a while now. Keep waiting, it won't happen." (so you are upset that the space has not been developed???) (what is your point???) (should US developments also take down signs for future development even if it is 10 years into the future???)
"HOA owners who do this might also be receiving perks from the HOA- something I have heard but have not officially validated." (please give us a hint as to what amazing perks some have received)
"So let's unite and pool our resources. Don't sit idly by as your investment crumbles into oblivion." (you have passion, but you are all over the place and need to direct your thoughts so as to get people behind your movement)
Screw you Jimmy.

Kenny

And then there's being facetious..
: joking or jesting often inappropriately : <just being facetious>

: meant to be humorous or funny : not serious

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Chill out Dry Heat. You always take so much exception to anyone who says anything negative about LP. The place is a mess and it is only going to get worse. You know it, I know it and everyone else knows it. All you have to do is drive within ten miles of the place and see what a disaster it is. Vacant, half-built buildings everywhere. It is the biggest eyesore in all of Penasco. Who are you and why are you living with such blinders on?
not upset at all brother, just wanted exact clarification as to what the previous poster was trying to accomplish. You can now go back to throwing darts at your Seaside poster.

P

playa

I have read enough of these threads to know that dryheat is like a yapping chihuahua that nips at your heels, and although I don't condone cruelty to animals in any possible way, this would be the one chihuahua I'd kick across the room.

If all efforts are fruitless, fine. But you aren't going to tell me that a large group of owners wouldn't have more power than an indvidual. There are a few common complaints that exist. In our situation, we were not victims of missing or misplaced funds because we had used an outside vendor to manage our property. Our situation is far less tragic, however I sincerely feel outraged on behalf of these owners that new management would claim this problem was being "rectified".

The issue we are facing is the extortion we are facing in trying to rent what was originally purchased as an investment property. Effectively, they couldn't care less who rents our unit, how we found them, how much we charged, that we don't in any way utilize their services, or whatever the arrangement was- they just want money.

We are pursuing legal action, and are currently taking steps towards this. Venting on a forum might be therapeutic but that's all it does. Teaming up, compiling information so other owners aren't left uninformed, and possibly hiring an attorney. If there are other owners facing similar issues, please send me your contact information. If not, best of luck anyway!

az-dan

Wow thanks for the English lesson but still don’t think it is funny when people even if it’s through their own stupidity or naiveté are being taken advantage of and trying to do something about it. I do not agree with making unfounded accusations which divides people. People pooling resources and uniting has worked several times here in RP over the years. Just because we invest in Mexico doesn’t mean that we are fools and must take whatever is done to us. People in the US are getting taken advantage of too and if you don’t have deep pockets for attorneys you’re screwed. If this was all about “poking fun” at Las Palomas owners for past post then I completely missed the joke, sorry.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Yea, I heard about your legal action in trying to rent your unit outside of the rental pool and your case that the rental rules of the hoa do not apply to you. Well good luck with that. :)

P

playa

Paquito, that's what I call the chihuahua formerly known as dryheat, you know nothing of our situation so scurry away. I question your motivation for blindly rallying behind them. I don't care enough to find out.

I won't get into the details of what we are doing on this forum, but I can say that according to our attorney in Mexico, we have grounds on which to stand. If others want to join in the fight, I will provide you with an email address.