Las Palomas Owners Unite!

mis2810

We are renting through the owner. After being here for a week I don't think I'd rent through the management company - not for any concrete reason, just a gut feeling after reading all the stuff here on the forum and after being here. We're very happy with the owner and the way they conduct their business. But boy, if I had the $$$ - I'd be over talking to Jim Rinquist and Sheri Jaymes and buying at the Sonoran Sky!

mis2810

I wish we could buy. But we are starting to finally get serious about building a house on a piece of land we bought down the street from my mother in law in Texcoco, Estado de Mexico.

I used to live the Sonoran Spa. Especially unit 104 west. But now I'm hooked on the Sky.

jerry

A friend works for a beach property management company in California.
Management Services
They charge 25% and do the following...you guys are getting screwed

• Property Assessment
• Vacation Rental Preparation
• Establish Market and Seasonal Rental Rates
• Incorporate Property onto our Marketing sites
• Active and Timely Pursuit of Leads and Inquires
• Execution of Rental Agreements
• Collection and Administration of Deposits, Rents, and Fees
• Facilitation of Check-in and Check-out Procedures
• Enforcement of Rental Rules and Regulations
• Resolution of any Tenant Issues
• Ensure that the Property is Maintained to High Standards
• Provide Owners Access to our Maintenance Providers at our cost
• Provide 24/7 Service for Tenants and Property
• Conduct Inspections and Inventory upon Check-out
• Ensure Thorough Cleaning in Preparation of Upcoming Arrivals
• Quality Assurance Spot Checks
• Provide Detailed Bookkeeping
• Provide Owner Access to Reservation System and Availability Calendar
• Deposit or Wire Transfer all Net Income to Owners Account

Additional Services

Additional services include Design, Furnishing, Landscaping, Marketing, Absentee Owner Services, etc. are available. Whatever your needs, it’s likely we can accommodate them. Costs vary by job and property. Please contact a representative for detailed quotes.

Roberto

A friend works for a beach property management company in California.
Management Services
They charge 25% and do the following...you guys are getting screwed

•Ja, ja ja ja Jerry, you know what's missing from that list !!!!!!!!!

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I think we should have a one on one in person with dry heave......he seems to be behind a lot of whats going on and a few bitch slaped's would in lighingt us all. hey dry heave were is it we can find you ??????? Hide u little bitch we will find you !!!!!!
You are too funny.
I would love to meet you and take your punishment. My friends at Lions Den (The Den) in scottsdale would be more than happy to accomodate a guest of mine for some fun MMA or a little sparring in a controlled environment (it would be a blast and you can tell everyone how much fun you had). Don't worry about gloves or head gear, I can provide that. email me at [email protected] and let me know when you would like to come as my guest. I am usually there 3x a week so I would be more than happy to accomodate your schedule (then you can tell everyone what a nice guy I am). please email me and let me know when it would work out (if you are in the tucson area I also have a friend that owns an mma gym there too). I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

jerry

You are too funny.
I would love to meet you and take your punishment. My friends at Lions Den (The Den) in scottsdale would be more than happy to accomodate a guest of mine for some fun MMA or a little sparring in a controlled environment (it would be a blast and you can tell everyone how much fun you had). Don't worry about gloves or head gear, I can provide that. email me at [email protected] and let me know when you would like to come as my guest. I am usually there 3x a week so I would be more than happy to accomodate your schedule (then you can tell everyone what a nice guy I am). please email me and let me know when it would work out (if you are in the tucson area I also have a friend that owns an mma gym there too). I look forward to hearing from you.
Tom I think you may have to take a hint from Raiders of the Lost Ark (when the guy with sword in the Market comes toward Harrison Ford so he sighs,shugs his shoulders and pulls his pistol and shoots him!)

marybna

Las Palomas is like a boat. Your happiest day is when you no longer own there. I have owned at Sonran Spa and Bella Sirena and never had the problems at those places that I had at LP Lost over $300,000 but if I stayed I am afraid it would have been more.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Can anyone please tell me why they aren't watering the golf course?! It looks like <WASH MY MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP><WASH MY MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP><WASH MY MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP><WASH MY MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP>!!! With the weather being nice and this is what they do to the course?! OMG SCREW LP

GV Jack

Snorin God
Hey Joe, thanks for the heads up. I have some golfing buddies heading down there in early February.

Are you talking about the whole course, roughs, fairways and greens or just the roughs? They may want to rethink.

Thanks

AZ ROB

The whole course looked rough when I was in town on Saturday. Wanted to play sunday morning but didn't want to spend the money when I have better looking grass in my back yard.

OK...I'm not a golfer...but I was out on the course over the weekend...for that YSF Baseball Clinic golf tournament....and although the appearance from above (color) looks like hell....it seemed to be very nice.....the greens may have been brownish/yellowish...but they were smooth, well manicured....the golfers didn't seem to have any problems with them. But like I said, what do I know?

playaperro

El Pirata
Grass stops growing around late September or early October in North America. It begins growing again around March. It is due to the tilt of the Earth, not the temperature, rainfall, or other factors-contrary to popular belief.

The Mayan and Laguna courses are in great shape - the Laguna course is such a great deal - $30 - granted you play the same 9 twice but it's really nice out there, course in great shape, and usually more people working the course than playing it at any given time.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Grass stops growing around late September or early October in North America. It begins growing again around March. It is due to the tilt of the Earth, not the temperature, rainfall, or other factors-contrary to popular belief.
Very good point, playa. However most modern day courses in the south and southwest have a Bermuda grass that can withstand the summer heat and humidity.

In the fall it goes dormant and turns brown. In the early fall those courses "over-seed" with a Rye grass that will live all winter and stay green if watered. I actually
believe it would grow on cement if watered.

They eventually let it die and the warmer weather brings back the dormant bermuda.

It appears Las Palomas either didn't plant rye or if they did, they didn't water. RP Joe is right. If the course is trimed and kept reasonably manicured, it is playable
but not very asthetic to the picky picky golfer. There are other more technical reasons to prefer growing grass, but for most it's how it looks.

Thanls for the info folks, as always the forum is willing to help.