Las Palomas Owners Unite!

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Good luck big talker. Set up a paypal to collect your donations.

Paquito, that's what I call the chihuahua formerly known as dryheat, you know nothing of our situation so scurry away. I question your motivation for blindly rallying behind them. I don't care enough to find out.

I won't get into the details of what we are doing on this forum, but I can say that according to our attorney in Mexico, we have grounds on which to stand. If others want to join in the fight, I will provide you with an email address.

Wow thanks for the English lesson but still don’t think it is funny when people even if it’s through their own stupidity or naiveté are being taken advantage of and trying to do something about it. I do not agree with making unfounded accusations which divides people. People pooling resources and uniting has worked several times here in RP over the years. Just because we invest in Mexico doesn’t mean that we are fools and must take whatever is done to us. People in the US are getting taken advantage of too and if you don’t have deep pockets for attorneys you’re screwed. If this was all about “poking fun” at Las Palomas owners for past post then I completely missed the joke, sorry.
Dan....I don't know how often you're on this forum, or how many of the "Las Palomas" threads (or the ones which degenerate into Las Palomas threads) that you've read....but no one is making or trying to make fun of any of the Las Palomas owners. They got burned, and continue to get burned..... I consider the OP soeone venting....everybody needs to do that occasionally....and he picked this Forum!

You may need big pockets in the US for attorneys.....but in Mexico, you better have a semi, a lot of years off your life, and the right people "in your pocket", to get anywhere!!!

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Paquito, that's what I call the chihuahua formerly known as dryheat, you know nothing of our situation so scurry away. I question your motivation for blindly rallying behind them. I don't care enough to find out.

I won't get into the details of what we are doing on this forum, but I can say that according to our attorney in Mexico, we have grounds on which to stand. If others want to join in the fight, I will provide you with an email address.
The chihuahua comment was cute.
I'll just say this, some attorney's are not the brightest when they tell others what the regulations say can and can't be done and how they can rent, lease, time-share, whatever you want to call it. Now, they may not know that future regulations can easily be changed or adjusted to enforce the regulation they are arguing for (it's an easy vote at a general assembly) and the attorney pretty much stated exactly how the revised regulation should be drafted for vote (easy solution).

I don't care if the rental company is OLP or Paco's rental agency, I only care that the regulations of the resort are being enforced (especially when it comes to wildcat renting). The good news is the resort as we know is headed toward control of the HOA to owners (hopefully soon). My agenda (if you want to call it that) is to protect the rights of the general assembly of owners as a group (not an owner, not the rental company, not the developer). that should be the agenda of all owners in an HOA (to enforce the regulations, abide by them, pay their dues, protect the rights of the owners as a whole). Times will be getting better soon. Mexico is a complicated mess when it comes to our HOA. Fortunately you have a group of qualified owners who have spent countless hours each week looking at all avenues for a solution (anywhere else and you would have wasted money and drawn out a problem over many many years).

P

playa

I won't share the details on this thread of which firm has been hired, what they plan on doing, knowing full well that LP's little b**ch, Paquito/dryheat, will run back to his LP cronies. Most likely, he doesn't have any pull or connections so I don't know why I would put him on a pedestal. Probably just a bitter old man- wife left him for a younger man- no friends- he hates the world- screw the world!

We'll fight them, plain and simple. We're prepared to spend some years on this, if necessary.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I won't share the details on this thread of which firm has been hired, what they plan on doing, knowing full well that LP's little b**ch, Paquito/dryheat, will run back to his LP cronies. Most likely, he doesn't have any pull or connections so I don't know why I would put him on a pedestal. Probably just a bitter old man- wife left him for a younger man- no friends- he hates the world- screw the world!

We'll fight them, plain and simple. We're prepared to spend some years on this, if necessary.
actually some may have already been doing too much talking (not the brightest). It's the HOA that enforces the regulations so you will need to bring up the issue with them not the rental company. It is also the HOA that can change the regulations to enforce stricter and tighter action on those that violate bylaws (an easy vote). let's see an attorney try and fight that one (especially ones that talk too much). Best of luck in your goal.

Yes, you are correct... I am an old man (sorry, bitter old man) with no friends and my wife left me for a younger man, oh and I hate the world too. I forgot, I also have no pull or connections (other than the guy who puts your name on a rice). You win- good job- now back to your legal fund collection efforts.

Here is a tip that may save you some money, ask your legal aid what happens if the regulations are amended to enforce stricter regulations on outside rentals (thanks of course to a heads up by someone who talks too much).

P

playa

oh paquito, it's so cute when you get all heated and angry. don't be bitter that i can afford a lawyer for the next few years while you are still desperately trying to save those pesos to order that ukranian bride you have been eyeing online. by the time you get around to that, she might even be old enough to make it legal in the US. She'll make you feel younger, maybe less angry. Good luck with that- sincerely.

az-dan

Ok after reading the posts following my comment I now understand what was funny ........... you were laughing ahead of time knowing what was coming. I took it as a serious post looking for solutions to a serious problem.

Ok after reading the posts following my comment I now understand what was funny ........... you were laughing ahead of time knowing what was coming. I took it as a serious post looking for solutions to a serious problem.
Like I said Dan...there have been several threads on this subject....and they have all become train wrecks!!

Are you down in Penasco enjoying yourself?

az-dan

Like I said Dan...there have been several threads on this subject....and they have all become train wrecks!!

Are you down in Penasco enjoying yourself?
No. Hopefully the end of the month, I'm waiting for it to warm up a little, lol. Just got back from vacation and need a few days to catch up with work.

No. Hopefully the end of the month, I'm waiting for it to warm up a little, lol. Just got back from vacation and need a few days to catch up with work.
I saw the photos Rob and Michelle posted.....looked like it was a little windy down there!

P

playa

The funniest part about it is that it did start out as a serious thread. There are some owners that want to take action, and most of you lot complaining just want to...well, complain, or gripe about the hopelessness of the situation, or pull the wool over each others' eyes. It doesn't change our plans in the least. I guess dryheat has been serving you some of the kool-aid. So to heck with it- let's talk about the weather. How are Michelle and Rob? Wind- exciting!

The funniest part about it is that it did start out as a serious thread. There are some owners that want to take action, and most of you lot complaining just want to...well, complain, or gripe about the hopelessness of the situation, or pull the wool over each others' eyes. It doesn't change our plans in the least. I guess dryheat has been serving you some of the kool-aid. So to heck with it- let's talk about the weather. How are Michelle and Rob? Wind- exciting!
playa....I'm not sure if you did a search on here looking for previous Las Palomas threads....but everything that can be said has probably been said, and argued ad infinitum....and every thread has become a train wreck! So forgive us if we didn't give you the attention you apparently desired!

I think many of us can see some of dry heat's motivation...and take his posts at that value!

az-dan

I did take your post seriously as you can see in my replies but then it went down hill and became comical. By calling each other names, making accusations and threats you lost me and I joined the other people that were laughing.
“Michelle and Rob? Wind – exciting!” sure we asked questions and shared information and we accomplished something but I agree we were not as funny as you guys.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
:popcorn:I apologize to all for venting my cynicism. Every situation is different, and if you can get momentum, you may be able to make a difference. There is strength in unity...and cowardice in burying your head in the sand. Go for it and good luck!:popcorn:
--Sheryl

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
not serving kool aid or being a cheerleader. the difference is I am not emotionally making decision with my heart and saying such things as "off with their head" "lets sue them" "I can do as I want". When you step back and look at the options available, what the law is, how a foreign country works and make a decision based on sound reasoning- then I respect your thougths a lot more. don't worry guys, change is coming sooner than later. best of luck on your lawsuit and collecting money for your endevour (by the way that has been done on 3 different occassions over the last 4 years so maybe your attorney has a something unique up his sleeves).

mis2810

I know my opinion doesn't count for much, but we've been renting at Las Palomas now for a week. In the past, I've stayed at Sonoran Spa, Sonoran Sky, Sonoran Sea, and Las Palmas. If I had the money to buy a condo, it would NOT be at Las Palomas. It's a beautiful property for sure, but you can see the problems. It seems like this place it hanging on by a thread. I think it's just too big. There aren't enough employees around to maintain the property and the ones that are here are just short of being disgruntled. We haven't had any problems, at all, but if I was in the market to buy it would be obvious to me this is not the place.

The prices here are outrageous as well. We have our own beer to bring to the pool and the beach, but the other day I had michelada envy when I saw someone at the pool get one, so I asked the waitress for just the Clamato with a line. $6.00!!!!! Yes, $6.00 for a cup of Clamato!!! WTH!!!!

For me, I still like the Sonoran Sky the best.

Oh yeah, one of the lightbulbs over the vanity in the bathroom is out. I thought about calling to get it replaced, but then I remembered someone posting on here that they charge the owner $5.00 for a lightbulb! I think I'll just e-mail her when I get home and tell her to change it herself! LOL

az-dan

I know my opinion doesn't count for much, but we've been renting at Las Palomas now for a week. In the past, I've stayed at Sonoran Spa, Sonoran Sky, Sonoran Sea, and Las Palmas. If I had the money to buy a condo, it would NOT be at Las Palomas. It's a beautiful property for sure, but you can see the problems. It seems like this place it hanging on by a thread. I think it's just too big. There aren't enough employees around to maintain the property and the ones that are here are just short of being disgruntled. We haven't had any problems, at all, but if I was in the market to buy it would be obvious to me this is not the place.

The prices here are outrageous as well. We have our own beer to bring to the pool and the beach, but the other day I had michelada envy when I saw someone at the pool get one, so I asked the waitress for just the Clamato with a line. $6.00!!!!! Yes, $6.00 for a cup of Clamato!!! WTH!!!!

For me, I still like the Sonoran Sky the best.

Oh yeah, one of the lightbulbs over the vanity in the bathroom is out. I thought about calling to get it replaced, but then I remembered someone posting on here that they charge the owner $5.00 for a lightbulb! I think I'll just e-mail her when I get home and tell her to change it herself! LOL
Thanks for the information; it is always good to get other perspectives. Are you renting from the owner or though the management company? I was wondering how the management company was to deal with.