Liberty Cove/Coastal Highway update

jerry

I know a
This is to Jerry, can you still talk about this project - Liberty Cove? Just interested. If you can, send me a message.
I know a guy in Tucson that was the translator for them...some interesting stuff but I'm in brush cutting as the fire approaches us...looking pretty good for us fire wise if i do say so!

jerry

Just thought I'd mention to the great work of the fire crews.Last night at dusk 100 plus went by my place and set up in a Canyon above us.They worked all night by the full moon and most likely saved my place,30 retreat cabins and Fort Bowie ....

fire

Where is it that your house is at. We have some land in Nutrioso and found out all is good. Sorry for the hijacked thread. Leigh

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Just be careful!

Just thought I'd mention to the great work of the fire crews.Last night at dusk 100 plus went by my place and set up in a Canyon above us.They worked all night by the full moon and most likely saved my place,30 retreat cabins and Fort Bowie ....

MIRAMAR

Nice pictures- I was surprised Libertad didn't look as big as Penasco, and had fewer trees. But the Playa looked beautiful (minus the gas line).

Nice pic's. I've never been to Libertad, Lobos is as close as it's been for me. Reminds me a bit of San Carlos. What is left to do on the new road? I drove to Desemboque in Feb. 2011. Planning a trip tp San Carlos this fall.
Thx

jerry

Nice pic's. I've never been to Libertad, Lobos is as close as it's been for me. Reminds me a bit of San Carlos. What is left to do on the new road? I drove to Desemboque in Feb. 2011. Planning a trip tp San Carlos this fall.
Thx
I didn't go past Libertad but the road is a older paved road leading out of town South....I heard you can go all the way to Kino now

Roberto

Hey Jer;

How far down the coast to pick up the highway and any of the coastal highway done up the coast from Desemboque?

jerry

the new road construction starts at the big curve about 10 miles east of Santo Tomas but the first 2 miles an the new overpass are not quite done.You take a dirt road along the route for a bit then as you approach the Ejido Obregon (Santo Tomas turnoff) the road is done all the way to Libertad
Hey Jer;

How far down the coast to pick up the highway and any of the coastal highway done up the coast from Desemboque?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Imagine that... I called it a scam the 1st time I looked at their original site years ago. As Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute. Let's see, what made me think it was a scam... oh yeah, a huge formula one race track that would rival Monaco... a huge marina... and the fact that all this 8th wonder of the world stuff was being developed in the absolute middle of nowhere.

Sad for the fools that bought into that pipe dream. Good luck getting any of their money back.

jerry

angel sorry this happened to you or your friends but it might be worth something in the future....that race track thing was just insane...plus being down wind of a heavy fuel oil power plant was going to be a problem for anyone that thought about it for a bit

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
**** YOU stuart ! ! !
Awwwww. Sumbuddy's wittle fweelings got hurt. Truth hurts, I guess. Angel, if it's any consolation, you obviously weren't the only one sucked into the slick marketing dream known as Liberty Cove. Do some searching here; you'll find accusations of it being a scam going back to its announcement and inception.

Here's a good example from 2009; a shame I don't have the archives of the old forum, because it was discussed in detail back then, too. http://www.rockypointtalk.com/thread380.html

Mexico is littered with these tales of development dreams and woes. Why people put on the rose-colored glasses for these scams in Mexico is beyond me, when they would never invest a dime on a similar venture in the US.

Sorry if you lost money, Angel. But if you indeed did, I welcome you to share and post why you decided this was a good investment and what went wrong along the way so that others may learn.

On edit - Nevermind. User banned. AKA Happy, no interest in Liberty Cove whatsoever.

playaperro

El Pirata
Happy broke in and scammed Stuart? I saw your emails Jerry between you and Happy and as you can tell I have nothing to do with your ongoing battle with him.