Looking for Absinthe

A friend of mine asked me to pick him up a bottle of Absinthe while I'm in RP next weekend.Does anyone know where I can pick up a bottle and about how much it costs?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
They USED TO have it at the UETA Store when you cross at Lukeville, but their inventory changes, so no guarantees. I'm willing to bet Vasquez in Sonoita has it. I recall it not being terribly expensive at all - $25 to $40 range??

Wormwood dreaming.... go figure. :puff:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
That's probably due to the great wormwood shortage!

Everything is always more expensive than you remember it being. If you remember anything at all after drinking absinthe! :puff:

GV Jack

Snorin God
That's probably due to the great wormwood shortage!

Everything is always more expensive than you remember it being. If you remember anything at all after drinking absinthe! :puff:
Don't forget: Absinthe makes the fart go Honda.

I'm betting only a couple of you get it. :rofl:

Encanto

UETA had one variety on January 28th. I believe it was $45 a bottle. Some college kids were buying a bottle.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Back the last time the town was booming in the Mirador near Pink Caddy on the south side of the street was a hole in the wall bar that served Absinthe the "proper" way. They had this crazy looking contraption, kind of looked like a bong, first they would pour the absinthe over a sugar cube and then light it on fire. The absinthe traveled through this bong looking thing and finally into the glass that you would drink it out of. I think they were selling it for $6 a glass. This would have been 2006 or 2007. The stigma attached is much better than the actual product.

mondone

Whitecaps
Back the last time the town was booming in the Mirador near Pink Caddy on the south side of the street was a hole in the wall bar that served Absinthe the "proper" way. They had this crazy looking contraption, kind of looked like a bong, first they would pour the absinthe over a sugar cube and then light it on fire. The absinthe traveled through this bong looking thing and finally into the glass that you would drink it out of. I think they were selling it for $6 a glass. This would have been 2006 or 2007. The stigma attached is much better than the actual product.
That was an Absinthe Fountain, used for the drip preparation known as the "Absinthe Ritual", a process popular in the late 19th century.