Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

MIRAMAR

I think everyone is getting frustrated at this disease and how they're handling it. It's fine to say you have to wear a mask, but when they say it's ok for condo people to swim in a cramped overcrowded pool, but not in the ocean, or condo people can come down, but not people who own homes there, then we're giveng brains to question. It's like saying you can only walk on one side of the road but not the other--- WHY?

Landshark

I think everyone is getting frustrated at this disease and how they're handling it. It's fine to say you have to wear a mask, but when they say it's ok for condo people to swim in a cramped overcrowded pool, but not in the ocean, or condo people can come down, but not people who own homes there, then we're giveng brains to question. It's like saying you can only walk on one side of the road but not the other--- WHY?
I assume the town is desperate for money and under pressure from local businesses to open because they too are desperate. They are trying to be responsible and open in stages. The condos are most likely the biggest and quickest income producers and guests enjoy using the pools. Without the pools being open many wouldn’t come since the Feds have the beaches closed. Unfortunately this will cause a COVID spike. I feel bad for the residents that will pay the price, the virus is a nightmare without a solution.

Landshark you are most likely correct; things are bad enough in the USA, imagine in Mexico. There is no unemployment insurance, small business loans, etc; the social safety net is pretty much non-existent. And it is magnified all the more in a tourist town where the economy is not as diversified as other places. There is no significant manufacturing or other industry to fall back on, so the pressure is intense to open the doors and let people flood back in. As shark says, there is no easy solution...

Roberto

I think there are at least 2 things the city has not figured out about how to handle the money making annual fee and spraying requirement for privately owned homes. You realize don't you that the spraying registration is the control element to collect a lot of money and to create several potentially very profitable private businesses, . There is no HOA or rental agency that controls the use of the privately owned and used homes that they can make responsible for registering the property, collecting the fees and enforcing the spraying. Secondly what about all the little paper homes in the colonias where many people live who barely get by. Charge them ???? I guess you could use the OOmapas lists but my understanding is that Federal law prohibits cutting off water delivery to a home. Collecting back taxes is also a very involved process through the federal government in Mexico City courts. Yeah there is an HOA for Los Conchas and they could put up a guard gate and register entries and shut down through the spraying requirement non payment but I think the property is too large to police access and egress and the frequency of coming and going would be a nightmare. even under today's circumstances of the HOA members ignored the city and just started to come the city would be overwhelmed for enforcement. .

Berto, This is the first I've heard about spraying peoples homes (locals).

With a sanitizing requirement for rentals it would allow the city to start collecting taxes and fees from people that have
been avoiding by renting their places on FB, Craigslist, Etc. Enforcement would become easy, not registered = no rental.
People will be forced to comply.
If they are going to require the sanitizing of peoples homes what do you do set it up like garbage PU, every Tues your place gets sprayed?
If this all plays out somebody just created a big $$ generator.

rplarry

With a sanitizing requirement for rentals it would allow the city to start collecting taxes and fees from people that have
been avoiding by renting their places on FB, Craigslist, Etc. Enforcement would become easy, not registered = no rental.
If they are going to require the sanitizing of peoples homes what do you do set it up like garbage PU, every Tues your place gets sprayed?
Is it only me, or is anyone else concerned about what they are actually spraying to sanitize the homes ?

Roberto

Yeah it has not been formally mentioned but......it't too tempting not to require the symmetry of an annual domestic spraying so as not to discriminate against the others. (Not to mention the buckets of cash generated. ) and remember it is for YOUR GOOD HEALTH.
What is your guess as to why the homeowners have been held up? Follow the money as they say.
I'm also waiting for the charge per person at the sanitary stop for incoming newbies. They gotta pay their share. Single visit good for up to 1 month, an annual admission or maybe a lifetime visitor's pass. ( does not include sanitary service required paid for by owner) . Need to have the Tourist VIsa at the same time. MORE $$$$.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It could be...just maybe that the administration is measuring cause and effect as they slowly and incrementally open certain segments of the economy. Let tourist in under the agreed to protocols with the resorts in compliance and the responsibility to make sure their guest abide by the rules. Two weeks after that surge of tourist see what the covid situation looks like. Then let in home owners. In two weeks see what it looks like. Sure some folks are cashing in...but its more than one company doing the spraying. Will they spray every home? Not a chance...this is about letting outsiders in for the first time in 3 months.

I don't think the sanitizing requirement can serve that purpose. By definition anyone who is renting under the table is already ignoring the laws anyway. It is working that way now because they are ONLY letting people in with a formal reservation. But once they stop screening that way (which they have to do eventually) then anyone renting outside the system would still be able to do so.

I think I have a better chance of living using my old 2 stroke 60 Hp Mercury outboard in my house. That is one concerning cloud of disinfectant. Cough Cough.

Is it only me, or is anyone else concerned about what they are actually spraying to sanitize the homes ?
Yesterday the FDA banned several hand sanitizers Made in Mexico because they contain toxic substances. God only knows what is in the sanitation tunnel 'mix' or the stuff they use to 'clean' your home. I guess what I am saying is, would I trust Mexico to ensure my safety? Not anymore than I would China, and they brought us the Chinese virus.

Queenie seez, "Would I trust Mexico or China to ensure my safety?"
My advise: Not anymore than listening to certain people going on TV to tell you to ingest bleach, hydroxychloroquine and other fun stuff.

Why do you believe they have to stop screening??
Sorry I should have clarified. They CAN continue the health screening for a longer period. But they CANNOT continue screening to only let people in that have official reservations at hotels/condos; at some point they will have to let people in regardless of where they are staying or going.

Landshark

This is a UTube Joke, right??
It is a video of the Tequila Factory being sanitized. I appreciate their efforts but downright scary to watch. I can’t imagine this happening in a private residence. This was posted with the video.
“In trying to give you peace of mind, we are having this done on a regular basis. We thank to the local company Ultra for their professional job and affordable prices.”