Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It's Friday!! Labor Day Weekend! RELEASE THE TEST RATS!!!! How many get drugs planted, pulled over for speeding, missing a stop sign that didn't exist, swimming in the wrong part of the water, not wearing mask, not wearing mask correctly???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO!!!!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It's Friday!! Labor Day Weekend! RELEASE THE TEST RATS!!!! How many get drugs planted, pulled over for speeding, missing a stop sign that didn't exist, swimming in the wrong part of the water, not wearing mask, not wearing mask correctly???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO!!!!
Naomi and I did our staycation (new post) during the week, we simply will not be going out in public this weekend. The mask thing is a real concern for us as many people coming down will try to refuse wearing them when they go out and they will be dealt with accordingly and rightly so. Regardless of your stand on mask.....it doesn't matter they are mandatory everywhere in public, it is still very strict here. The line at the border coming into Mexico is several miles long already at noon on Friday, the resorts are claiming sell outs at their capacity limits. Too much new chance of catching something I don't need in my life. I hope they have fun and I hope they obey our law here, and I hope they are safe.

Naomi and I did our staycation (new post) during the week, we simply will not be going out in public this weekend. The mask thing is a real concern for us as many people coming down will try to refuse wearing them when they go out and they will be dealt with accordingly and rightly so. Regardless of your stand on mask.....it doesn't matter they are mandatory everywhere in public, it is still very strict here. The line at the border coming into Mexico is several miles long already at noon on Friday, the resorts are claiming sell outs at their capacity limits. Too much new chance of catching something I don't need in my life. I hope they have fun and I hope they obey our law here, and I hope they are safe.
It would be a pity to screw up and get hospitalized or worse for COVID at this point. We get our second inoculations in the Pfizer vaccine trial in ten days, and then at the end of September we will independently get antibody testing to find out who got the actual vaccine and who got the placebo. As of Monday the Pfizer trial had enlisted 23,000 of a planned 30,000 participants. The Moderna trial is at a similar place, and the AstraZenica trial is about to start big in LA. I would have some reservations about recommending one of these vaccines if the FDA is coerced to approve emergency use in October, but the data on safety and efficacy should be solid for one or more candidates by the end of the year.

Unfortunately vaccines of any sort probably won’t be available in Mexico until spring or summer of next year. Also many Americans will pass on vaccination because the disinformation campaigns will convince them it‘s dangerous or unnecessary.

Anyhow, we‘re closer to the end of this than the beginning, and if the White House wants to rush things, the integrity and litigation aversion of major pharmaceutical companies should ensure our safety. But no one, certainly no one spending a lot of time in Mexico, will be able to count on herd immunity for years, if at all. Mask up for another few months, get vaccinated when an evidence based vaccine is available, and be healthy for more seasons in the sun and surf.

I would have some reservations about recommending one of these vaccines if the FDA is coerced to approve emergency use in October, but the data on safety and efficacy should be solid for one or more candidates by the end of the year.
Unfortunately vaccines of any sort probably won’t be available in Mexico until spring or summer of next year. Also many Americans will pass on vaccination because the disinformation campaigns will convince them it‘s dangerous or unnecessary.
Anyhow, we‘re closer to the end of this than the beginning, and if the White House wants to rush things, the integrity and litigation aversion of major pharmaceutical companies should ensure our safety. But no one, certainly no one spending a lot of time in Mexico, will be able to count on herd immunity for years, if at all. Mask up for another few months, get vaccinated when an evidence based vaccine is available, and be healthy for more seasons in the sun and surf.
I'm not even remotely an anti-vaxxer, quite the contrary, I have 2 young boys and follow their vaccine schedules to the letter. Having said that, I don't think it is crazy at all to be be skeptical about a vaccine that is is being rushed to market compared to anything that has been previously done.
Trump obviously has political incentives to have it approved before the election, but how much "better" will the safety data be in December or January? Wouldn't part of the safety research have to consider *long-term* side effects? How can that possibly be done in this case?
I probably wouldn't have an issue giving it to myself, but to my 6 and 4 year old kids? You can call me crazy, but I'm not thrilled about that at all. And leaving anti-vaxxers or conspiracy theorists aside, I wouldn't look down on any "normal" person who feels uncomfortable about it.
I hope & pray the vaccine is both safe & effective. But even if it does work well, there is going to be a decently large percent of people who will not get it until more time passes to "prove" that it is safe- I'm guessing maybe 20-30%?
Hopefully the population of people who *do* get the vaccine right away (or who got immunity from the virus itself) will be sufficient to drive the cases down so far that covid is effectively eradicated. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though...

TICO-T

It will never be eradicated. The flu is not eradicated. We should get a Flu shot every September. Hopefully we will have a COVID 19 vaccination we get once a year

I'm not even remotely an anti-vaxxer, quite the contrary, I have 2 young boys and follow their vaccine schedules to the letter. Having said that, I don't think it is crazy at all to be be skeptical about a vaccine that is is being rushed to market compared to anything that has been previously done.
Trump obviously has political incentives to have it approved before the election, but how much "better" will the safety data be in December or January? Wouldn't part of the safety research have to consider *long-term* side effects? How can that possibly be done in this case?
I probably wouldn't have an issue giving it to myself, but to my 6 and 4 year old kids? You can call me crazy, but I'm not thrilled about that at all. And leaving anti-vaxxers or conspiracy theorists aside, I wouldn't look down on any "normal" person who feels uncomfortable about it.
I hope & pray the vaccine is both safe & effective. But even if it does work well, there is going to be a decently large percent of people who will not get it until more time passes to "prove" that it is safe- I'm guessing maybe 20-30%?
Hopefully the population of people who *do* get the vaccine right away (or who got immunity from the virus itself) will be sufficient to drive the cases down so far that covid is effectively eradicated. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though...
Minors are not enrolled in the current clinical trials. There will be no data on safety for minors until late 2021, if then.

Risk calculations need to balance risk of vaccination with risk of injury or death from infection. The mRNA vaccines seem to be inherently safer than virus derived Vaccines.

Minors are not enrolled in the current clinical trials. There will be no data on safety for minors until late 2021, if then.

Risk calculations need to balance risk of vaccination with risk of injury or death from infection. The mRNA vaccines seem to be inherently safer than virus derived Vaccines.
That is a very interesting revelation you make about minors not being part of the testing- is the general public aware of that crucial fact? That would leave a huge part of the population un-vaccinated...
For example, I wonder how that would impact school re-openings? If none of the students are vaccinated, will the teachers ever agree to come back?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Saw some of your posts on a rare FB surf. I didn't know PDO had a pool. How much are those rooms you were showing? How do I get financing on a Mexicosis house?!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Soooooooooooo 2 hour wait at the border??????????!!!!!!!!! How long was/is the wait at the FILTER????? Sounds like a fun weekend. Heat index peaking out at 130!

rplarry

if it is safe, why not enroll minors ?

rplarry

watch this debate regarding vaccines. Pro, anti, whatever you are regarding vaccines , this discussion is both educational and fascinating.