Looks like lock down will continue for awhile

joester

2 salty dawgs
Kenny,
I've never seen a Gila trout that size - impressive. Looks similar to Apache Trout.
We slayed yesterday at Willow Springs - had a nice gathering of 9 friends - fun stuff!

Kenny

Kenny,
I've never seen a Gila trout that size - impressive. Looks similar to Apache Trout.
We slayed yesterday at Willow Springs - had a nice gathering of 9 friends - fun stuff!
He went there yesterday and caught his limit again, with a big rainbow thrown in. He released a bunch too. Glad to hear you guys are doing well Joe. Say hi for me.

RP Life

Filters being removed at beaches

While beach hours, social distancing, and other health measures are to remain in effect, all health filters from beach entrances will soon be a thing of Puerto Peñasco’s Covid summer past. In fact, the only health filter still in place at a beach entry point is that located in the area known as “Bajada de los Guardado” on the north side of Playa Hermosa, though this too will be removed after this weekend.

Luis César García González, local director of the Federal Maritime Land Zone office (ZOFEMAT), stated filters first installed near Manny’s in the Mirador as well as at the entrance to Cholla Bay had already been removed and additional access points restored (i.e. Mi Playa).

Still, health measures and beach hours remain in effect. This includes use of masks in public and when interacting with vendors (not necessary once you’ve set up space or in sea), no glass bottles, taking one’s trash for disposal, and spacing between rental tents/shades and food carts. In addition, beaches still close at 7 p.m.

https://rockypoint360.com/beach-hours-remain-in-effect-but-filters-to-be-removed/

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
My friend will be there in 2 weeks for 4 days to chill and fish. What time is he allowed out of his cage in the morning? He doesn't like breaking the law in Mexico. He doesn't have the money for it. Asking for a friend. Thanks!

My friend will be there in 2 weeks for 4 days to chill and fish. What time is he allowed out of his cage in the morning? He doesn't like breaking the law in Mexico. He doesn't have the money for it. Asking for a friend. Thanks!
6-8a technically for exercising only, but many were out between those times that weren't exactly what I'd call exercising. Didn't really see any of the quads enforcing that early. Off beach by 7p and they were enforcing that last week, at least on Mirador side.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
6-8a technically for exercising only, but many were out between those times that weren't exactly what I'd call exercising. Didn't really see any of the quads enforcing that early. Off beach by 7p and they were enforcing that last week, at least on Mirador side.
Thank you. So if my friend goes fishing in Cholla Bay at sunrise or after 6am he is legal? Thanks!

Reactions: DiD

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Is there still the covid check point/sanitizer spray tent when you enter Cholla Bay? Thanks in advance!
They've all come down. Except for maybe Cholla, I heard, and haven't seen any. Beach is busy and the Malecon absolutely packed today.

MIRAMAR

Everywhere we went on Saturday outside the Malecon, La Flamita, Burros Longos, Sams, and others, required masks. Only Sams took our temp.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
My friend is really trying hard to get his jet ski ready for CB in 2 weeks. He told me he broke a piston ring putting one of the jugs onto the case... He's really upset. I can understand his frustration. Now he has to wait 4 days for new rings before he can button up the engine. He told me he still needs to go through the carbs to make sure the boat is mint. He said it's crunch time and not sure if he'll be able to lake test it before the trip. I told him boats are like women... Can't live with em, can't live without em. Love hate relationship.

Every time we drive by the marina and see the out of commission shrimp boats I think how cool it would be to totally refurbish one into a comfortable live aboard!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
sometimes they are not decommissioned but there are only so many fishing permits issued each year and now with the cost of diesel some boats are just not able to go. You are right though it would be a challenge and a cool thing to retro a boat into a live aboard

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I seem to remember that years ago, somebody retro'd one into an overnight fisher. Did couple of day trips out of Penasco. Always thought this would be pretty cool.
Did I read the website correctly that a slip in the Penasco marina is only like $200/month???