Lopez Aceves

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
This is Larry Large's Harbor View. It was rumored at one time to be slated for conversion to a Holiday Inn, but that also fell through. As it stands now...it just stands now. No doubt available for sale. The other project, across from Latitude 31 isn't Acropolis, but Metropoli. That one never even saw a slow-down. I attended the inauguration a couple of months ago, a party where they unveiled what will be there and the time-frames. Of course it remains to be seen whether the 6-screen movie house becomes a reality. Its my understanding that Grupo Questro is not coming back to develop in Penasco. Despite what the CEDO website says, the marina on Sandy Beach is closer to being a reality than it ever has been, and a lot is being done both by SBR and the municipal and state governments. There will be news on this in the not-so-distant future. This doesn't mean I think there will be cruise ships here in two years, and the CEDO thing might still present an obstacle.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Acropolis, Metropli.... it's all Greek to me!!!! Hahhahaha!

(thanks for the correction, though. Just shows you how little I really pay attention to any of the real estate stuff in Rocky Point. Oh, I see it. I just pay it no nevermind!)

Roberto

Well Known Member
Exactly the kind of real estate crap you want to avoid down there. If it doesn,t have a bank trust in place don't EVEN consider it.
Please check your facts before posting. There is too much misinformation already.

You should have said " If it does not have a Mexican Title or a Bank Trust in place don't EVEN consider it." Sometimes you will find property that is held in a Master Trust. That's OK but get teh process started to have it taken OUT of the Master Trust and into an individual trust before you buy.
That I agree with completely.

Bank Trusts don't fall out of the sky. There was a Mexican Title on any property before it was put under Bank Trust status. If there is a Mexican owner there should be a Title, if a non-mexican owner there should be a Bank Trust.

Also do not accept a person's word on ownership. Get a copy of the documents. Some Mexican titles have restrictions on them regarding the sale. May titles shown by current 'owners' are in the name of a long dead relative.

Here's a real life example. Several years ago I was interested in buying a lot across from the novia's abuelo in Kino. $3,000. The title showed the name of a long gone great uncle of the person offering the lot. Everyone in town knew the guy offering 'owned' it as it was passed down in the family. Went to the Notario and found, yes it could be fixed at this point but would cost $5 to $10 K plus a couple of years, to fix it plus the purchse price. They don't have the $200 to change the owner's name on the title at the registry each time it is passed on, so they don't.

Yes, you have to be careful and informed as possible.

Roberto

Well Known Member
How much is the down payment and the monthy payments...
I posted the price list with paymets on an earlier post. Go to Twindolphinsrealty.com and click on the Lopez Aceves tabs on the left side. Most of hte info is there. The $7,500 lots are $45 month with $2K down.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Sorry folks, this is definitely an ejido and the ex mayor has granted title to some lots illegally. How do I know?
My wife has been a member of this ejido for 23 years and now is in court trying for repossession of the whole bit.
They have been to court several times and the only person who has real papers on the ejido is Francisca Juvera Garcia. This is my wifes sister. Many people there are in jeopardy unless the people who are trying to frauduently sell these lots come to an agreement with the surviving members of the ejido.
dmcauley, there are 53 members of this ejido. In Mexico an ejido must have 20 members or more so I dont understand how your sister in law can be the only person with legal papers. also if your wife is a member as you state is your sister in law suing her? I know of Francisca I have been going to ejido meetings for 12 years and have never seen her or your wife at one meeting. You need to please retract some of your false statements about fraudulenty selling lots. I would like to see your paperwork. my home phone # 520-424-3584

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Anyone know anything about this area? Apparently it's close to RP (within 10 minutes) and has some good deals on land with owner financing. I saw it at the twin dolphin realty site. Any know about it? Been there?

Just FYI: The lots that I saw were around $7500 bucks each with ocean views, 100m from the beach. with owner financing it broke down to like $45 a month. crazy cheap!
Kasdanh, regardless of the negative bs posted on this site if you or anybody else is intrested in buying in lopez aceves go to twin dolphins realty get a copy of the title then take the paperwork to Stewart title in rp or any other title company have them look at it and see if they will issue title insurance on that property. the cost for title insurance is very cheap and you would be insured against any loss. Simple if they wont insure it dont buy it. But I know they will insure these titles. If you do this please post results here. I built and sold 16 spec houses in lopez and have sold 45 of my wifes lots without any problems closing these at all. We still have approx. 120 properties in lopez. Title report and title insurance will tell you who is full of bs. Thanks lagrimas85

garyd

Well Known Member
Kasdanh, regardless of the negative bs posted on this site if you or anybody else is intrested in buying in lopez aceves go to twin dolphins realty get a copy of the title then take the paperwork to Stewart title in rp or any other title company have them look at it and see if they will issue title insurance on that property. the cost for title insurance is very cheap and you would be insured against any loss. Simple if they wont insure it dont buy it. But I know they will insure these titles. If you do this please post results here. I built and sold 16 spec houses in lopez and have sold 45 of my wifes lots without any problems closing these at all. We still have approx. 120 properties in lopez. Title report and title insurance will tell you who is full of bs. Thanks lagrimas85
I have no desire to stir the pot or make false comments so I pose this as a question. If the Title Insurance is the Holy Grail of proof of ownership why is Playa Azul in North Beach so screwed up? The developer had title insurance and the last I heard they were refusing to pay up because the dispute was still in court. What is your knowledge of this?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Garyd, maybe the fact that its still in court has something to do with it as there still may be no winner or loser hence the buyers in the title companies eyes have still not legally lost their money. I dont know this for sure. Also you would need to look at the policy to see if there were any exclusions in other words title company outs. Thanks Lagrimas85

garyd

Well Known Member
Garyd, maybe the fact that its still in court has something to do with it as there still may be no winner or loser hence the buyers in the title companies eyes have still not legally lost their money. I dont know this for sure. Also you would need to look at the policy to see if there were any exclusions in other words title company outs. Thanks Lagrimas85
Thanks for thr reply

dmcauley

Well Known Member
There are actually 25 members left in this ejido. Francisca has the papers and all others have copies which were given to her as the head of the ejido. My wifes name and many more are on these papers. The ejido was formally presented to her.
Anyone in this ejido knows it is in court. I am only posting the facts as I know them and am no way involved in the litigation.

dmcauley

Well Known Member
By the way folks, my name and photo is posted on this forum. No BS here, the person who is posting about my BS is a first time poster and only on this topic. If you are an owner you KNOW it is in litigation. You folks have sold enough so you had more dollars for the usual Mexican litigation, but buyer beware, this is not over yet.

Roberto

Well Known Member
By the way folks, my name and photo is posted on this forum. No BS here, the person who is posting about my BS is a first time poster and only on this topic. If you are an owner you KNOW it is in litigation. You folks have sold enough so you had more dollars for the usual Mexican litigation, but buyer beware, this is not over yet.
Thanks for the warning, but ...... this is just the kind of thing gives real estate in Penasco a bad name. The 'first time poster' came on at my invitation as his wife is a long standing Ejido member and they own land at Lopez. I think they are entitled to an opportunity to be involved in such a discussion, especially when allegations of fraud are made. Did you phone him to discuss the matter, he gave you his phone number. Is he and or his wife named in this law suit you are referring to?

Twin Dolphins has sold 40 or 50 lots over the past years and not ONE of those owners is involved in a law suit or is even aware of a law suite. That's a fact and I guarantee that someone would have wanted to sue the "crooked" Real Estate people that sold them the lot. Titles and bank trusts have been issued on property sold. Are you saying that they are all bogus? I don't know where you are getting your information but I still think you need to check it. Did you read the papers you refer to or just 'see' them? I'm sure there is a lot of pressure to take the family line is a matter like this. Too bad there is not a Snopes for Penasco real estate. When were they in court last? When are they in court next? Who are the lawyers involved? Where is the court held? Give me a reference number to the suit I want to read it.
I think you owe this type of information to everyone so they can make their own decision if they are so inclined.
I'd like to see a public response to these questions. If it's real it's real, but your account is not in accord with my experience. Thanks in advance for helping clear up this matter.

Last edited:

dmcauley

Well Known Member
Enough said on my part. My wife's family and many others have held this ejido for twenty years and the new members have what has been described as questionable documents to me for a little more than ten. I know nothing else as of now except that titles have been issued on false information. I tried to call your friend Roberto but got no answer. Will try again.

GringoZona

Well Known Member
This is Larry Large's Harbor View. It was rumored at one time to be slated for conversion to a Holiday Inn, but that also fell through. As it stands now...it just stands now. No doubt available for sale.
And the other rumor is that it was built off-kilter, so now it's not level and nobody has money to start over. Unbelievable! Absolutely sick how people can just screw around with the Penasco skyline, abandon these projects and get away with it. And it was Larry Large???

Last edited:

Roberto

Well Known Member
Law Suit not on Lopez Aceves Land

Further investigation indicates that the Law suit referred to by Dan is in fact on a parcel of Ejido land NEXT to the property subdivded and being sold. It does NOT involve any of the lots already sold and offered for sale, lots which are out of Ejido status.

The other evidence that there is NOT a suit on the lots offered for sale by Twin Dolphins is that there is NO notation of any pending or unresolved legal issues noted on the titles or at the registry. I examined some recently issued titles. If there is any legal dispute on a property there is a notation at the registry and this notation is found before closing. If the titles were issued illegally and if there is a legal dispute over ownership which is in court there is a notation on the title.

Dan, I think if you investigate a little more you will find this to be accurate. You are correct, there is a law suite, but on a different piece of property. One of the plantiffs has been at Twin Dolphins asking them to market that property in dispute already!

dmcauley

Well Known Member
Thanks roberto, All I know is that my wife and her people are involved in Litigation on Ejido Alfredo Lopez Aceves which begins at Pancho Villas on the Sonoita HWY and goes to the ocean. The judge has been dow and says some of the property is built on. When I come back down we can both read the papers together. Thanks Again

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Thanks roberto, All I know is that my wife and her people are involved in Litigation on Ejido Alfredo Lopez Aceves which begins at Pancho Villas on the Sonoita HWY and goes to the ocean. The judge has been dow and says some of the property is built on. When I come back down we can both read the papers together. Thanks Again
As in the U.S. anybody can begin litigation on just about anything. we are presently not involved in any litigation with anybody mentioned in prior posts. this guy has stated that his sister in law was going to take the whole bit but now states there are 23 members and all of them are on the papers. Actually there are 53. Anybody can say anything they want to on a board like this but when these things go to court its a different story. He talks like they are just going to go to court and get it signed over. They wont be the first that have tried and lost. We welcolme this litigation when and if it comes as it will serve to reinforce our rights to this property. I am currently involved in 4 litigations 1 in cholla - 1 in mirador- 1 in las conchas and 1 with the registry in puerto penasco--none in lopez aceves From these 4 litigations I have a pretty good understanding of how the judicial system works. If this does go to litigation it will be held in federal court in mexicali and all I can say is after all the delays and legal manuvers you will be put through we will see you in about 12 years and thats no bs. thanks Lagrimas85

dmcauley

Well Known Member
I stated that my wifes sister has the papers. If you are not in litigation then you are not part of this ejido. As I said before, ejido Alfredo Lopez Aceves is in litigation, the people who hold false title cannot do anything with this land. Roberto says this is a different section of land. I don't know but I have seen the original documents from Hermasillo and also the false ones from Caborca. There is always a president of an ejido and that person recieves the original papers. Please don't announce what I say and interpret my English, I am not a liar nor trouble maker but have a lot of friends on this board and I don't want to see them burned!!