Lost editing capability

Hey Tyler/Stuart.....I just noticed that I can't edit some of my posts....recent ones the edit box is there, but for posts that are from earlier in the day....no edit box.....

Wanted to add some info to an earlier post (contact info)....

Hey Tyler/Stuart.....I just noticed that I can't edit some of my posts....recent ones the edit box is there, but for posts that are from earlier in the day....no edit box.....

Wanted to add some info to an earlier post (contact info)....
Joe... here use mine...

There's a comedian in every bunch.....

I can edit your post - Edit button appears. Have you tried clearing your Internet cache? Deleting temp files and history and such?

Stuart

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Give me a link to a specific post you cannot edit and I'll have a look. Thanks!

Give me a link to a specific post you cannot edit and I'll have a look. Thanks!
The ones just above your post....the "Edit" box does not show up.....

BTW....I don't need to edit that one, or any others at this point....just found it unusual that the Edit capability was not there on all of the posts I made....

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
The Edit button is only there for a certain amount of time, I got tired of people writing something, realizing they were being stupid and erasing it...

In cases where you want to edit more info to an existing topic, you can click on the 'red' hazard icon and let us know what to add and we can add it..

We'll try that for now.

The Edit button is only there for a certain amount of time, I got tired of people writing something, realizing they were being stupid and erasing it...

In cases where you want to edit more info to an existing topic, you can click on the 'red' hazard icon and let us know what to add and we can add it..

We'll try that for now.
No problem....

We'll try that for now.
So if someone wrote a post and it had not been quoted, you think that it is okay to deny people a way to edit or delete a post? You are assuming someone is stupid?

They might be rethinking their post because of the clannish nature of this forum. It is really hard to come on here and find a voice.

I realize that many of you have been in PP for a long time. I look forward to hear from you all:)

I just think that it would be nice to welcome us newcomers without being sarcastic.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
So if someone wrote a post and it had not been quoted, you think that it is okay to deny people a way to edit or delete a post? You are assuming someone is stupid?

They might be rethinking their post because of the clannish nature of this forum. It is really hard to come on here and find a voice.

I realize that many of you have been in PP for a long time. I look forward to hear from you all:)

I just think that it would be nice to welcome us newcomers without being sarcastic.
Clannish, yea i agree. To me they are like a bunch of co-madres that just follow the lead..you know who you are...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member

We'll try that for now.
You really need to let me know when you make functionality changes like that, mi amigo, so I don't waste time trying to figure out what's wrong.
Gracias! :geek:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess

Welcome Waterkids! I smile every time I see your forum name because I picture a bunch of wet kids in water wings surrounding a computer! Don't get put off by someone else having a bad day. The majority of us are pretty good peeps! Most of the time, anyway...we can all have our days.
Sheryl:bunny:

thanks MyT:)

I wish they were still little enough for the water wings!! I miss those days. We love RP and are down there at least 2 times a month.

It's a little hard with the kids in school. We do have a girls ( bunch of friends) week once a year.
Pretty fun and a little crazy:)

Thanks again for the welcome.

Last edited:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
You really need to let me know when you make functionality changes like that, mi amigo, so I don't waste time trying to figure out what's wrong.
Gracias! :geek:
I have to test you once and a while... I mean, I pay you 50k/year to moderate this forum, I want to get my money worth.

I have to test you once and a while... I mean, I pay you 50k/year to moderate this forum, I want to get my moneys worth.
Stuart what do you do with all those "k's" ?

and tyler weren't there any other letters available to pay him with, or are "k's" better than other letters?