Memorial Day 2012

AZSon

Hello fellow gringos! I started this post to see how many are planning a trip down South this Memorial day and as a general discussion for the upcoming weekend. :-D

Roberto

I have a plan for the weekend. I will get out of bed in the morning, no specific time, make fresh coffee or reheat the previous day's remainder. Drink said coffee and wonder around the garden checking plants and maybe water a bit. Say the morning prayer. Take a shower. Then do whatever I want to do at that time. That's the plan and I'm stickin to it no matter what GV has to say about it.

Actually, there is a lot going on for Memorial weekend... On Saturday May 26th Ladyjeeper a.k.a. Chari is having a potluck at her place in the North 40 of Playa del Oro RV Park and all are welcome...

Then on Sunday May 27th we are having our Memorial Weekend Bird Island trip aboard the About Time, this is a fundraiser to benefit our Adopt-A-Classroom of Puerto Penasco and like the potluck all are welcome but there is limited space available for this trip...

You can get more info about the Bird Island trip from my post in the Charities Section... Hope to see you all at either of these events and if you are unable to attend the potluck or BI trip I want to wish you all a Safe and Fun Memorial Day Weekend...

AZSon

Great info and I did read about the potluck and trip. We travel down 1-2 times a year and have for years. It's nice to hear about local events.

GV Jack

Snorin God
I have a plan for the weekend. I will get out of bed in the morning, no specific time, make fresh coffee or reheat the previous day's remainder. Drink said coffee and wonder around the garden checking plants and maybe water a bit. Say the morning prayer. Take a shower. Then do whatever I want to do at that time. That's the plan and I'm stickin to it no matter what GV has to say about it.
Somehow, I get the feeling that is your routine every day, regardless of Holiday, workday, weekend day.

Wish I could be there for the pot luck, Bird Island venture and just to bug ole Roberto. But no.

I guess I'll have to wait my Tern.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I haven't been on Memorial day in a while. I wonder what the turnout will be this year.

Couple of weekends ago for the VBall tourney at LP, waited just about an hour at the border. If that's any indication that more people are starting to come down I'd expect the wait at the border for Memorial to be upwards of 1.5 to 2 hours.

AZSon

Couple of weekends ago for the VBall tourney at LP, waited just about an hour at the border. If that's any indication that more people are starting to come down I'd expect the wait at the border for Memorial to be upwards of 1.5 to 2 hours.
That helps. From what I read, spring break had a good turnout as well. Can't wait for the tacos!!

BIG MAC

Hey Mark,

I will be down but have to go back Sunday so I can't make the Bird Island trip but definitely want to meet with you and get you a donation.

Thank you Mark... it would be nice to see you again, we haven't chatted since the bike rally... maybe we can meet at the Boo Bar on Saturday..? Hope everything is going well with you... sea U soon...