Memorial Day 2012

So, haven't been down in a while and need good advice on best bars (read Manny's closed). Maybe best with loud trendy music and best local relaxing. Manny's fit both bills (and of course JJ's). .

Boo Bar would be my first suggestion... but you're asking the wrong guy... I'm not a bar person so much because I don't drink and I only go to bars to visit with friends... most of my friends like the Boo Bar... but I'm thinking of expanding my horizons and checking out Revolution 13 I've been talking with Dan the owner and he seems like he has a good sence of humor or I should say it's warped... kinda like me...

Okay, where's Revolution 13?? Bruce and I already decided on the Boo Bar for lunch on Saturday, so we're already there (so to speak!)

We were down April 20-22 and had a half hour wait at the border going home...... So I would say, be prepared for a wait over Memorial weekend!! We're going down Friday, but not coming home until the following weekend, so we'll miss it:)

that across (on the north side of street) from the XOXO with the good taco stand behind it?
No it's on the southside, it's the building with the big round entrance next to the Senorial hotel... but like I said I'm not a barfly so if I do visit Dan it will be during daylight hours since it's on Calle Trece...

I know they have a couple pool tables or they did have when it was the DugOut...

Rhino

Are the US agents strictly enforcing passports to return now? I can't find mine. Great.
No, I don't believe they have ever insisted on a passport. I forgot mine and crossed back into the US with only my AZ license with no problem. They did ask if I have my birth certificate with me; I said "No" and was motioned on.

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
No it's on the southside, it's the building with the big round entrance next to the Senorial hotel... but like I said I'm not a barfly so if I do visit Dan it will be during daylight hours since it's on Calle Trece...

I know they have a couple pool tables or they did have when it was the DugOut...
Ah I was thinking of the "evolution" maybe on calle 26 maybe .... i am horrible at remember where stuff is LOL

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Manny's is not closed......

Lol, it's not closed but you will be the only ones there and the Mirador is going to be black, no street lights and look like a dark alley over there by manny's. lol pry not the atmosphere you're thinking of when you think of Manny's... in my mind and Im some what of an expert on Rocky Point night life, Manny's is closed!!!!!!!! TRUST ME YOU WONT WANT TO GO THERE WHEN YOU SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT, it's a shame I know I used to go to Manny's back in the day but its pretty much IRRELEVANT now. Basically you have three options in my opinion, ok 4. You have Wrecked at the reef (formally the reef), Chango's on Sandy Beach in front of the Sonoran Sea, Elixir (real night club experience) located around the corner from Pink Caddy in the Mirador, or Ice Box (wanna be Elixir, more local scene dance club) located in the Mirador as well across from burnt out Manny's. The first two you will find more Americans as they cater to Americans, the second two are mainly local clubs but Elixir is nice and has high end clientele, Ice Box is a dance club too like Elixir just a little bit lower clientele. Nevertheless both clubs are fun and have DJ's spinning live music. GOOD LUCK, GODSPEED

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Chango's on Sandy beach also has a DJ spinning live music as well. Wrecked at the Reef has a live cover band which is always enjoyable too. Have fun!!!

flicks

We were down a couple of weeks ago & our relatives forgot theirs. The border agent told us on the way out that as long as you actually have one. It's OK. They just required their drivers licence.