Memorial Day Bird Island Trip

How often do you guys go out? I told my wife the next time we go down, we're going to hang out with you. It seems like you know where the fun is at!

I most likely won't go until next summer, perhaps we can have a forum meet and get a bunch of people down there... except happy, of course.
I like to go out whenever there's a good reason or excuse... next time you come down sounds like a good excuse to me...

Tyler... whatever I can do to help set up a "meet and greet" type of party with everyone from here on the forum I'll be more than happy to do it... it seems like we we have a Thanksgiving weekend trip in the making...

Count me in, my wife and I wana go on the next boat trip. Tyler, a forum meet sounds good too. I met Jeep Jeep and a few some time ago. That was fun.
Terry C... it would be great to have you would love to meet you and your wife...

Last edited:

aaronleez

Mark,
The trip was excellent!!! It was good to meet those of you from this forum, I hope everyone had a good time. For those of you that were not able to make it, let me give you an idea of how things went - I will try to describe it in detail. On the top deck, there is an area where the Jetski is stored. There is a storage pad( it looks like a hammock) that is attached to a winch that is lowered into the water to drop off and pick up the jetski. Just before we left bird island, you could hear the winch begin to lower from the top deck to pick up the jetski. From the deck level, the first thing we saw was the feet, then the rest, of Inkaroads...... he was hanging from the storage pad being lowered into the water!!!! After a few seconds, he jumped off into the water. That was pretty much typical of the trip. Anyone who missed it, try your best to make it next time. Thanksgiving weekend is definitely going to be a blast. LETS DO IT!!!

and I was on the kayak when Inks was doing that... and I must of had a brain f**t not to be videoing that move... it was a classic...

HAPPY

User is currently banned
He could be sitting on your lap, and you wouldn't know it was him Tyler.
~~~ More than likely I be waiting for my good buddy ~~~ Tyler ~~~ to reach for the ~~~ pie, ~~~ then

I put him in a headlock, ~~~

~~~ :lol: ~~~ :lol: ~~~ :lol: ~~~

InkaRoads

cronopiador
but, I must say, the winners were the kids of Penasco and the kids that were able to come to the trip, 5 of them and the fun they had was excellent, well if you count me in then there were a lot more kids around having fun and although PintoPoint hurt his feet, how are you doing with your foot? he went out and enjoy himself too!.
Snorkeling next to the seals was awesome, however when I raised my head and the bull was growling about 12 feet away was something I will not forget, at least for a awhile!!
Most defenitely there should be a next time, and a next, and a next, and ......

but, I must say, the winners were the kids of Penasco and the kids that were able to come to the trip, 5 of them and the fun they had was excellent, well if you count me in then there were a lot more kids around having fun and although PintoPoint hurt his feet, how are you doing with your foot? he went out and enjoy himself too!.
Snorkeling next to the seals was awesome, however when I raised my head and the bull was growling about 12 feet away was something I will not forget, at least for a awhile!!
Most defenitely there should be a next time, and a next, and a next, and ......
Yes Inks... the kids and the schools in our program are the winners... Julie a.k.a. beachgirl, Barb and I are going to make the rounds tomorrow and visit the schools and get their wish lists...

I definately want to see what it will take to get a heater in the therapy tub at La Montaña School for Special Needs Children... unless they have something else that is more urgent... and with school getting out for the summer soon, we will most likely be concentrating on things needed for the beginning of the next school year...

I really can't say it enough... THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT CAME ALONG AND HELPED MAKE THIS A VERY FUN AND SUCCESSFUL TRIP...

Inks... if I remember correctly that was the bull sea lion with bad eyesight and I think that was a mating call he barking out...

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
InkaRoads,
Leg is much better, just a pulled calf mussle. I did get to walk on the beach in the estuary on Monday and I stayed up with the crowd. That was a great trip! Beautiful yacht but the best part was putting faces to all the screen names. It's surprising to me how my pre-conceived ideas from reading posts changed when we got together. Had a great time getting to know the story behind the names, just wish I could have gotten around better. Mark thanks for all your hard work and the videos.

InkaRoads,
Leg is much better, just a pulled calf mussle. I did get to walk on the beach in the estuary on Monday and I stayed up with the crowd. That was a great trip! Beautiful yacht but the best part was putting faces to all the screen names. It's surprising to me how my pre-conceived ideas from reading posts changed when we got together. Had a great time getting to know the story behind the names, just wish I could have gotten around better. Mark thanks for all your hard work and the videos.
PintoPoint... So glad to hear that your calf muscle is doing better... it was great to meet all of your group, and like you said it's nice to put a face behind a screen name and I found out we're all the same in as much as we all love to have fun and do some good for the children when it's all said and done... Thank you again for joining us on the trip...

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Sorry I didn't post yesterday after we got back, but the water was calling my name!!!!!!!!!!! Took the two-seater river tube (the one with the cooler in the center!) down to the water, anchored down, and just floated on the rolling waves drinking cervezas while soaking up the wonderful sun!!!!!!!!!
We started out at the community center, where Barb and Mark had donations to drop off. Very nice place, but rather plain. Things to liven the place up and make it feel more "communityish" would be great......................I know they could make things if they had what they needed. Arts and crafts types of things would help them out a lot. They are teaching quilting there, so they need fabric remnants, needles, thread, etc. also. We then went to the special needs school, where we met the director (sorry, her name escapes me). She was truly astonished that complete strangers would walk in and say "we have money that was donated to us and we would like to spend it on your school, what do you need?" She basically threw her hands up and said "a lot!". As Mark was talking to her and her assistant, Barb and I walked around the school. One thing Barb noticed right off that they need is the automatic shut-off faucets for the bathrooms. The director also said that office supplies, such as ink cartridges and paper for their printer, are very expensive here and would be greatly appreciated. We then went to another school that was having an end of the year party, or something of the sorts, and didn't want to disturb their fun, so we skipped that one. Some of the schools were already out, so we just drove by them, Barb and Mark explaining different things about each one. It was so cool to hang out with them and to learn more about the place that I have come to love so much. What they have done with their program is amazing. I work at a school in Vail, AZ, where they just raised our taxes to keep programs such asmusic and P.E. What pisses me off to no end is that they spend sooooo much money on insignificant, stupid, needless things. I see it everyday. I then come here and see the situation and it just pisses me off that much more. I realize that this is a third world country and that's the way things are, but it's sad.
All in all, it was a great day spent with the greatest people....................thank you, thank you, thank you Barb and Mark for letting me tag along with you and showing me around the schools. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!! (Mark can give more details on the wants and needs!)

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Heys Inks,
You never came back down yesterday after you went for your shrimp and avocados...............we'll look for you today. And BTW, the reason I can't remember the director's name isn't the same reason you gave for not being able to remember Bruce's name, LOL!!!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday after we got back, but the water was calling my name!!!!!!!!!!! Took the two-seater river tube (the one with the cooler in the center!) down to the water, anchored down, and just floated on the rolling waves drinking cervezas while soaking up the wonderful sun!!!!!!!!!
We started out at the community center, where Barb and Mark had donations to drop off. Very nice place, but rather plain. Things to liven the place up and make it feel more "communityish" would be great......................I know they could make things if they had what they needed. Arts and crafts types of things would help them out a lot. They are teaching quilting there, so they need fabric remnants, needles, thread, etc. also. We then went to the special needs school, where we met the director (sorry, her name escapes me). She was truly astonished that complete strangers would walk in and say "we have money that was donated to us and we would like to spend it on your school, what do you need?" She basically threw her hands up and said "a lot!". As Mark was talking to her and her assistant, Barb and I walked around the school. One thing Barb noticed right off that they need is the automatic shut-off faucets for the bathrooms. The director also said that office supplies, such as ink cartridges and paper for their printer, are very expensive here and would be greatly appreciated. We then went to another school that was having an end of the year party, or something of the sorts, and didn't want to disturb their fun, so we skipped that one. Some of the schools were already out, so we just drove by them, Barb and Mark explaining different things about each one. It was so cool to hang out with them and to learn more about the place that I have come to love so much. What they have done with their program is amazing. I work at a school in Vail, AZ, where they just raised our taxes to keep programs such asmusic and P.E. What pisses me off to no end is that they spend sooooo much money on insignificant, stupid, needless things. I see it everyday. I then come here and see the situation and it just pisses me off that much more. I realize that this is a third world country and that's the way things are, but it's sad.
All in all, it was a great day spent with the greatest people....................thank you, thank you, thank you Barb and Mark for letting me tag along with you and showing me around the schools. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!! (Mark can give more details on the wants and needs!)
Thank you Julie.... and thanks for lunch, next time we are treating you...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
sorry Julie, after I ate, I starter working in the trailer and time flew by, I notice it was midnight when I stopped finally to get a drink!! But I will be at the beach today, as a matter of fact I will head out in the next few minutes!!