Memorial Day Bird Island Trip

playaperro

El Pirata
Are you sure that's the right way to get there? LOL, Hey amigo the safe marina in the water is bigger that the one by balboa's. I go by and check that area out in the daytime check out those lisa
fish might try to pull one out now and then. I also like to check out the launch area in cholla when its gets dark and villa brings the boats in and they pull out the catch. Last time I was there.their
was a panga looking boat with a center consule look really nice it said baja cali and they had caught one fish an 79Lb grouper. It had an inboard v something they said they caught the fish at the 22
not 2 far out.

OK....I tried to annotate a google map of the harbor area....we'll see how successful I was....here is the link

http://www.google.com/mapmaker?hl=en&gw=10&ll=31.304909,-113.547746&spn=0.007013,0.00942&t=h&z=17

Just zoom in on the map, and disregard some of the descriptions....couldn't figure out how to edit......

OK...was able to make some corrections, and added Mary's and Portofino to the map. After you zoom in on the map, click on "More" below the list of places, and the Public Launch area and Pacifica will appear (you may need to use the scroll bar to see it).

Last edited:
Are you sure that's the right way to get there? LOL, Hey amigo the safe marina in the water is bigger that the one by balboa's. I go by and check that area out in the daytime check out those lisa
fish might try to pull one out now and then. I also like to check out the launch area in cholla when its gets dark and villa brings the boats in and they pull out the catch. Last time I was there.their
was a panga looking boat with a center consule look really nice it said baja cali and they had caught one fish an 79Lb grouper. It had an inboard v something they said they caught the fish at the 22
not 2 far out.
Hey Playa....are you trying to confuse the people???:evil:

Thanks to Playa....had to add Balboa's, Safe Marina and the Navy Base to the map. Moved Pacifica to the beginning of the List (after you click on "More")

http://www.google.com/mapmaker?hl=en&gw=10&ll=31.304909,-113.547746&spn=0.007013,0.00942&t=h&z=17

Last edited:
one word.... AWESOME!!!

Thanks to everyone that came along... we had a smooth ride out and back... and a ton of fun at the island... the sea lions weren't to active today because most of the females were busy feeding their newborn pups...

and the best part is we exceeded my goal by $25.00... we had a ton of fun and raised $1025.00 when it was all said and done...

Once again, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that came along....

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
WOW, all I can say is WOW, it was soooo much fun, Victoria you and your family rock, the beach is waiting for me.

TO BE CONTINUE.........

I am so JEALOUS....

Maybe the next boat trip Seadweller (Mark) arranges I'll be able to get down there......:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
2 thumbs way up mark, we are sorry we couldnt go but had that trip to Caborca to finalize. Next time, and Congratulations

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Thanks Russ & Tyler... it was a great time, and we got to meet some more of the members from the forum... hopefully you guys can make the next trip...
How often do you guys go out? I told my wife the next time we go down, we're going to hang out with you. It seems like you know where the fun is at!

I most likely won't go until next summer, perhaps we can have a forum meet and get a bunch of people down there... except happy, of course.

Terry C

Count me in, my wife and I wana go on the next boat trip. Tyler, a forum meet sounds good too. I met Jeep Jeep and a few some time ago. That was fun.