Memorial Day Bird Island Trip

There seems to be interest in a Bird Island trip on Memorial Day... I am talking with the owner of the Pacifica to get his best price so I can turn this into a Fund Raiser for the Schools... so who is interested in going???

This is the boat
[video=youtube;TYJ-TXsJbIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJ-TXsJbIU[/video]

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Darn Mark...I'd definitely be interested, but won't make it down that weekend! :cry:

But I should see you this weekend.....:thumbsup:

OK... we are planning it for Sunday May 30, 2010 Just got done talking to my amigo Mike and he gave me a killer price and I have a hold on the boat... I want to be able to raise $1000.00 for the Schools... we can take up to 25 passengers on the boat... so if we can get 25 people @ $55.00 per person this will accomplish my goal... if we don't reach the 25 passengers we can still go with a minimum of 15 passengers...

As with the Thanksgiving Day Trip this will be a BYOB... there is a jetski and kayaks and some snorkel gear included... for you fishermen this is a 96 foot boat and we will not be able to get it too close to the rocks for fishing... we also take a tender along to shuttle those that want to snorkel closer to the island...

so if you are interested I will need you to call us at 602-324-9529 to reserve your space...

Last edited:
We have 3 confirmed passengers... 12 more passengers to make the trip a go... and 22 more passengers to reach our goal of 25 and $1000.00 to donate to the Schools in our Adopt-A-Classroom of Puerto Penasco...

You'll have two more as soon as Barb gets off the phone with a customer:-D
OK Julie... I'll put you down for 2... Thank You... 10 more passengers to make the trip a go... and 20 more passengers to reach our goal of 25 and $1000.00 to donate to the Schools in our Adopt-A-Classroom of Puerto Penasco...

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Thanks Mark, I won't bother Barb again then!! Please provide the details when you can...................

Thanks Mark, I won't bother Barb again then!! Please provide the details when you can...................
This trip will depart at 8:00am Sunday May 30, 2010 and return at around 5:00pm so it will be a day of great fun in the sun... (trip duration can be shortened if desired by majority)

As with the Thanksgiving Day Trip this will be a BYOB... there is a jetski and kayaks and some snorkel gear included... for you fishermen this is a 96 foot boat and we will not be able to get it too close to the rocks for fishing... we also take a tender along to shuttle those that want to snorkel closer to the island...

so if you are interested I will need you to call us at 602-324-9529 to reserve your space...

Here is another video showing more of the boat...
[video=youtube;Wl2EOHRW8sc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl2EOHRW8sc[/video]

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Thanks Mark. I want to make sure I've pretty much got this in a nutshell..............we show up at 7:45 (or thereabouts??), food and drink in hand and in return we get to spend the day on a gorgeous boat, with great people, jetskiing, snorkeling, kayaking and having a blast? (And the best part is (hopefully), it's going towards a great cause:gradea:)

Thanks Mark. I want to make sure I've pretty much got this in a nutshell..............we show up at 7:45 (or thereabouts??), food and drink in hand and in return we get to spend the day on a gorgeous boat, with great people, jetskiing, snorkeling, kayaking and having a blast? (And the best part is (hopefully), it's going towards a great cause:gradea:)
yes Julie... you pretty much nailed it on the head... Mike the owner of the boat is a very charitable person and was more than happy to let us use his boat for the price of the fuel to get us to the island and back, and the crew agreed to work the trip to help with our cause...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Me and my bunch are going to feed and supply drinks for the crew and tip them. How many are there? I hope everyone else can tip them a little. Will it be the same crew as at Thanksgiving? We CAN'T wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::boat::woo::party:

Chari... the crew will consist of Adolfo the captain and 2 to 3 deck hands... I'm sure they will greatly appreciate the tips, food and drinks... I will be going with Adolfo to the island tomorrow aboard the About Time and I will find out exactly how many deck hands will be coming along...

Last edited:

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Oh you guys, I'm so close to tears right now.......................when I was feeding the dog last night, it hit me like a ton of bricks. S**t the bed, we can't go because we can't leave this little butthead alone in the trailer all day. Leaving him here in Vail is out of the question too. I don't know what to do..............Bruce said we'll just have to leave him and hope for the best. He is potty-trained but not paper-trained, and for that long is asking too much. I soooooo want to go, but unless I can come up with some solution, (or I just cave) we can't go. I'd be willing to pay someone honest and reliable who is around PDO to come and take him for a walk, but that might be asking too much also. Any ideas?? I really want to dance with Chari on the bow!!!!!!!!!

Does he get sea sick??? if not then bring him along... I'm off to the island right now but when I come back I'll let you know if Barb can watch him for you... nevermind... she just said yes she'll do it... gotta go sea U later...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ah Ha Ha...S%$t the bed!!!! My favorite aunt always said that and I say it now. I can't wait to meet you, Julie. I think we'll get along just fine! I've got the Santana. Let the dancing commence!:party::party::party:

Last edited:

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Possibly 2 more for the party if I can talk the wife into it (always want to help out a good cause) Can't wait to meet more people down in RP. Would there be a possibility of scuba diving buddies? Would I be able to bring gear? Mainly just want to meet more friends down at my southern home

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Mark,
I can't believe the generosity of you guys...................do either of you ever stop?? I hope that post didn't sound like I was begging someone to take care of my dog so I can go play:?LOL. I appreciate Barb's offer but I don't want to put her out by "doggysitting" for me. I, too, was hoping she would be joining us..........come on Barb, all work and no play..............?? I'm really hoping to find someone trustworthy in the park to come and walk him. It would only need to be done once, around 12:00. (Call me stupid, but I still believe there are a lot of good, honest people out there and I find the majority of them stay in trailer parks in RP!! No offense to anyone who doesn't-there are good people everywhere:-D) He doesn't chew on things or get into things, and he has his toys, he'll just need to pee:lol: Still count us in Mark.......we'll figure something out:thumbsup: