memorial weekend accident

No, this was not a vehicular accident, it was a recreational accident between me and the ground. So unless there is some f d up law where the ground has rights and they have to impound my bike because of pending investigations to make sure I dont owe the ground money then I would say they were trying to steal my bike. Not to mention there wasnt any kind of lost in translation if you will because I had a girl with me that is fluent in Spanish. No, they were fully trying to steal my bike and whomever those mystery people were that Im still looking for, they saved my bike. In fact the people that I was with said that after i was taken away the americans that hooked me up were almost sure that if they didnt act quickly and take my bike and lock it in their garage it would have been taken or stolen by the police. Now I know the police situation has gotten better over the years in RP, I believe they saw a white helpless person laying on the ground that couldnt do anything, not even move and they were going to take advantage of the situation. I mean, my bike is too nice and they were popping boners! So yes, no controversy here as far as Im concerned. Still got mad love for the Point, but no respect for the police. Fear and respect are two different things. Thank you, and Im out.
MexicoJoe.....I hope you have full recovery...it particularly sucks to have an accident on vacation, and in a foreign country!!!

It was not clear from any of the posts that your accident did not involve another vehicle....so any of my comments were based solely on that "ass"umption, and the little knowledge that I have of Mexican laws.

Were you dealing with the Penasco police or with Cholla's?

playaperro

El Pirata
Always call Red Cross first head to the border don't look back. they will call for American crew to meet you at the border. Never call anyone else. I know this is not apply to most cases.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Ok, correction, Im now looking for a firefighter that works out of Kingman and has a house in Cholla. Hes the one apparently that basically had to fully assist the Mexicans so they didnt do further damage to me by improperly strapping me to the backboard. Thank god for that guy. Im still looking for the RN lady who I aslo believe resides in Cholla. It was the Cholla police who were trying to rape me of my bike, but they didnt succeed so Ill let it slide and wont hold any grudges. I guess they say, " if you're not cheating, you're not trying".

Bob Oso

Joe I'm so glad to hear your injuries were'nt any worse. I think it was last week when I asked you what type of bike you were bringing down, and when you stated a YZ125, it sorta sent shivers down my back. I race motocross here in AZ and one of the most common used phrases is "dress for the crash", which it sounds like you were. If you're not aware, with in the past couple years they have come out with neck braces that could of possibily help prevent your injury if you decide to keep riding. Speaking for myself, I'd love to take down one of my dirt scooters and rip around for a while, but know how my life style is once I'm there it's only four wheels for me.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Yea, I know about the donuts and now EVS makes the nice ones that are made from carbon fiber I believe, however they are about $250. It wouldnt have mattered anyways because i broke my L1 vertebrea which is right at the bottom of the spinal cord, the cocus membrus and so it really wouldnt have done anything. Im making a life decision and unfortunately my moto days are now over. Im fully confident that Im going to walk again its just a matter of time. Im at the St Joes neuro rehad facility and will be an inpatient here for another 3 weeks. When Im able to walk again Im hanging up the motocross boots and selling the bike. This was a life altering accident and I cant afford to take the chances of it happening again. Its very hard for me to say that because motocross has been a part of my life for about 15 years now and Im so passionate about it that its going to be really hard. I just cant take that chance anymore. Its hard to know that was my last ride EVER and it lasted about 5 minutes and I wasnt even going hard, what we in the biz like to call "putting around". A person that hasnt ever ridden a motorcycle cant understand but its one of the most enjoyable things in life that gives a sense of freedom and is so much fun. Ive had so many accidents on the bike in the past, and none of them have ever made me think like this. Thats how serious this injury is and it makes me sad that I wont ever ride again, but its something that I promised myself. Ill gladly trade walking again for the bike and thats whats going to happen. If you know anyone interested in buying a really good 2002 Yz125 that is in great shape let me know. Heres a pic too.

Attachments

jerry

Duane Allman, 29 October 1971
i never rode a motorcycle after that moment but i have been messing with a guy i work for's 1987 Honda Fatcats and man are they a blast
He has a 2009 honda 230f (10 hours on it) for sale(2k) to frigging dangerous on steep terrain for guys like me.

Kenny

Really sorry to hear about your accident Joe, but with your great attitude, I'm sure we'll soon be able to get together for some Corvina fun.

Kenny

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Really sorry to hear about your accident Joe, but with your great attitude, I'm sure we'll soon be able to get together for some Corvina fun.

Kenny
Yes sir. We never did meet up but I saw the pics you posted from last week and thats the kind of fun I want to have right there boy. The night before the accident I was at the Blair's house and Lucky Chucky was telling me he entered a 3 pound corvina for the SHORE CAUGHT CATEGORY and said that some guy and his son had caught a 9 pound orange mouth over on the pinto point side. He was rather distraught, Chucks not used to being shown up LOL... When Im able to walk again the first thing Im doing is coming down to the Point for a little tip bending. Thanks Kenny.

Bob Oso

Yea, I know about the donuts and now EVS makes the nice ones that are made from carbon fiber I believe, however they are about $250. It wouldnt have mattered anyways because i broke my L1 vertebrea which is right at the bottom of the spinal cord, the cocus membrus and so it really wouldnt have done anything. Im making a life decision and unfortunately my moto days are now over. Im fully confident that Im going to walk again its just a matter of time. Im at the St Joes neuro rehad facility and will be an inpatient here for another 3 weeks. When Im able to walk again Im hanging up the motocross boots and selling the bike. This was a life altering accident and I cant afford to take the chances of it happening again. Its very hard for me to say that because motocross has been a part of my life for about 15 years now and Im so passionate about it that its going to be really hard. I just cant take that chance anymore. Its hard to know that was my last ride EVER and it lasted about 5 minutes and I wasnt even going hard, what we in the biz like to call "putting around". A person that hasnt ever ridden a motorcycle cant understand but its one of the most enjoyable things in life that gives a sense of freedom and is so much fun. Ive had so many accidents on the bike in the past, and none of them have ever made me think like this. Thats how serious this injury is and it makes me sad that I wont ever ride again, but its something that I promised myself. Ill gladly trade walking again for the bike and thats whats going to happen. If you know anyone interested in buying a really good 2002 Yz125 that is in great shape let me know. Heres a pic too.
Wow I had no idea. I don't live too far away from St.Joes so if there's anything you need or something I could do for you please let me know, I'd be more than happy to do it.

As for your Yami, I would suggest posting it on a site called gomxracing.com those people are legit riders and you won't have to deal with the craigslist idiots. If you just want to unload it there's a guy on there by the name of Shane, he wheels & deals in bike all day and will make you a fair offer. Good thing is there's seems to be alot of people looking for a 2 strokes right now, you shouln't have much trouble selling it.

Anyway, don't blame you a bit for hanging it up. I've seen plenty do it for all sorts of reasons. Just get better and I'll keep you in my prayers.

P

Penasco Pirate

Hey Joe, I rode street for a long time and hung it up before it (or some ID10T) got me! I go everywhere offroad with a cage now. Maybe you could do a rail or a Jeep...maybe a SXS? The new Can Am is badass! I do alot of fab work on the bigger stuff and some smaller stuff, too. If there is anything I can help with, let me know, I'd love to help get you back out!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey Joe, I rode street for a long time and hung it up before it (or some ID10T) got me! I go everywhere offroad with a cage now. Maybe you could do a rail or a Jeep...maybe a SXS? The new Can Am is badass! I do alot of fab work on the bigger stuff and some smaller stuff, too. If there is anything I can help with, let me know, I'd love to help get you back out!
Man, Ive been really getting into desert racing. I have a tacoma prerunner with full skid plate brush guard, fox 2.0 coilover racing shox, flaired fenders, bilstien 5100 shocks on the back and deaver leaf springs. Its no desert racer yet, but it would be so much fun to have a long travel kit and just go full throttle down there in RP or out here in the Phx desert. Hopefully when I get better and can start working again, I want to do some more things to the truck but that means fab work that I dont know how to do or cant do. But yea I agree, my future will be anything with a cage and some 5.0 racing harness'.

Attachments

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
As much as I loved them for so many years, yours truly gave up the two-wheelers in the early 90's. Broke my heart. But, my wife made me promise that I would after our son was born. I did, and at times, I've regretted it. It was the right thing to do. I had a lot of good years on Kawi's and Harleys and still have the itch for another really nice touring bike, p'bably a Gold Wing or Interstate. Used to love my Kawi Voyager - six-cylinder 1500cc - launched like a rocket ship and all the comforts of home! I have a long commute every day. And I see a fair amount of bike wrecks. Kinda back to that thought about "safety being a perception" in the other thread. There is no safety on a motorcycle no matter how careful you are. Cars and trucks are bigger and drivers are more distracted now with cellphones, texts and such that there's not even an illusion of safety if you're on a motorcycle. I nearly got walloped back then a few times in some very close calls; I don't even want to imagine it now.

Still doesn't stop me from missing it, though. Had the same heartfelt dilemna when I finally had to give up playing softball. I absolutely loved to play, but I was hurting myself doing the simplest things (so it seemed) and it kept taking longer and longer to heal. I was always a member of the "Die young, stay pretty" mindset. But now that I'm getting older, that "riding off into the sunset" seems like a much better way to go!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
When our brother had a stroke and was rehabbing, 95% of the guys rehabbing with him had brain injuries as a result of motorcycle accidents. And this was in California where helmets are mandatory.:(

P

Penasco Pirate

Let me know when toy want to light up the night! I work for these guys WWW.RIGIDINDUSTRIES.COM and we have the best lights on the planet! Hope to see you out in that truck, I'll race you with my golfcart!!!